Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Gearscore debate by Tim Buckley.

He misses the important point that the gearscore addon is the easily the finest trolling tool for people with bad gear and impatience; usually one of the first people you don't want in your pug (also known as the One Wipe I'm Out All-Star)
    Quote Originally Posted by mi33
    Where's funny in that comic ?
    CAD isn't meant to be funny. It's more or less a comment on the idea of being funny and going through the motions of producing something as though you were. Imagine a comedian who stands up on a stack and words come out of his mouth, but absolutely none of them could ever be perceived as funny. That's CAD. His success stands as testament to the fact that if you tell people they're supposed to laugh, the TV generation actually thinks that's what funny is.

Almost makes up for this.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    Not that I'm one to support ED but if you check his article on their they provide some compelling information and arguements as to why he is quite an unfunny fellow.
    Amen. ED, while a pretty dubious place, actually knows what it's talking about from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke
    Almost makes up for this.
    Above, ladies and gentlemen, is the absolute lowest point in the Internet's history.

...the comic, not the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer
    Tim Buckley is a scourge of the internet.

Read up on some of his exploits. The man is not only unfunny, but a complete dick.

...is trash.

It's the kind of non-sequitur humor a 7th grader uses when cracked up on lots of pixie sticks.

Nothing about this Gearscore comic says anything that hasn't already been said, yet it does it in a way that isn't verbally concise at all.

All humor is subjective.

All you post does, is insult Tim Buckley, and people who find Tim Buckley funny.

If you don’t find certain art stimulating or attractive, then you shouldn’t devote your time to insult the artist or those who enjoy his art. Doing so is rather petty.

Go spend your time looking at something you do appreciate.

Or better yet, try to create something of your own.

Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmer
    Above, ladies and gentlemen, is the absolute lowest point in the Internet's history.

...the comic, not the poster.
    I don't understand, why is that bad?

O god, who let Fuckley in my MMO

B^U

Regarding just the Jack Thompson comic.

When Thompson was parading around, screaming his bile and hate Buckley did a comic essentially threatening the guy. Didn't do a call to action, didn't say "vote" didn't do anything but say 'there are a bunch of us here and we're pissed so don't mess with us.'

Penny Arcade made a charity.

'nuff said on that.

As for Buckley himself. I just can't read the comic knowing the guy is such a drama-queen bimbo jackass. I've read too much of him fame-parading himself into a guild, jacking the leadership, then when he quits does a guild-disband. He's done it in WoW, he's done it in City of Heroes. Dude's a crybaby. Screw him, someone more amusing can get my ad dollars.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fishface
    It'd be funny If Tim Buckley had an actual sense of humour. Seriously has anyone here actually laughed at his stuff? Or just looked at it and thought 'lol'...

Edit: at least their expressions are different to the usual:

new avatar anyone?
    Thanks for the avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion
    I don't understand, why is that bad?
    ...really?

Do I really need to go into why this is stupid?

A comic that up until then was nothing but horrible toilet humor or basic non-sequitur bullcrap took a sudden swerve into a miscarriage purely for the sake of faking profoundness even though it was contrived and pretty much tasteless.

And then when people called him on how that's a genuinely shitty issue to address in a comic as low-brow as CAD, he tried to justify it with the fact that he once experienced one with an ex-girlfriend...when they didn't want the child. And didn't mind it at all. And were on the verge of breaking up. Which is nothing like the situation depicted in the comic.

And then delivered the immortal line "it is often harder on the woman than the man." Pftahahahaha. No shit, really?

The point is, for a lot of people, that kind of event needs to be handled with delicacy. But for now, it's filed away with the fanfictions written by 12 year olds about rape in the "trash" department.

Anyone who had any kind of constructive criticism about Buckley's bullshit fest was immediately permanently banned and had their comments unperson'd from his forums, Stalin style.

Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ
    If you don’t find certain art stimulating or attractive, then you shouldn’t devote your time to insult the artist or those who enjoy his art. Doing so is rather petty.

Go spend your time looking at something you do appreciate.

Or better yet, try to create something of your own.
    No. If something absolutely strains to appeal to the lowest common denominator and has shown itself to be a complete hackfest, it's only natural to complain about what's inherently wrong with it.

Get off your high horse. I'm sure there's something you hate that you insult too. Everyone does it.

15+ Year Old Account

Buckley has been a joke since at least 2006. Probably longer, but that's when I first learned of his super fail.

And just for the record - not liking something does not require you do better.

By that logic, my opinion that Avatar was an exceptionally shallow plot would require me to make a movie several billion dollars in revenue with a massive budget.

EDIT: Edited for accuracy.

Ah this garbage is back, I used to read this thing every so often whilst i was bored at school (talking years ago). Then out of habit I carried on until that whole miscarriage bullshit. Don't ever intend to start reading it again, it was never particularly funny anyway.

Following up the miscarrage issue with this, and this.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke
    Following up the miscarrage issue with this, and this.
    Thank you, I was just about to post those.

They demonstrate the problem very nicely.

And yes, Tim ACTUALLY SAID that wall of text in that second one. On the topic of it, if you want a funny webcomic, go read Cyanide and Happiness.

Lol at comic above.
    But skill can't really be measured.
    Gearscore i think is a guide to see if the person atleast can pull out numbers you'd like to see and skill is a bonus if the person is good.
    I've come across people decked out of there mind and not know how to do shit on there own or how to do stuff a different way than what they saw in some "How to" video.
    But can't forget it takes skill to get good gear and a certain lvl raiding can make it tough to get gear. ie when i form pugs for icc 10 and plan to do the other wings i look for people with the achieve and the gearscore of 5500+ . But there is that dam addon that makes it so you can fake and achieve.
    That's why its just always best to run with people you know, like, and can rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodezach
    Lol at comic above.
    But skill can't really be measured.
    Gearscore i think is a guide to see if the person atleast can pull out numbers you'd like to see and skill is a bonus if the person is good.
    I've come across people decked out of there mind and not know how to do shit on there own or how to do stuff a different way than what they saw in some "How to" video.
    But can't forget it takes skill to get good gear and a certain lvl raiding can make it tough to get gear. ie when i form pugs for icc 10 and plan to do the other wings i look for people with the achieve and the gearscore of 5500+ . But there is that dam addon that makes it so you can fake and achieve.
    That's why its just always best to run with people you know, like, and can rely on.
    Hey, everyone, look! The first post to stick to the topic.

OH NO YOU DON'T

Including yours.