Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: How far do your PUGS get in ICC 10/25?

In my experience...

60% of the time PUGs will squeeze by a morrowgar kill, or just be a few hour-long wipe fest.

If a group downs Morrowgar in 1-2 attempts, LDW goes down after 3-6 attempts. Otherwise, most don't get past this this fight.

PUGs good enough to down LDW, one-shot the gunship battle (usually)

20% don't down saurfang, but PUGs that do down Saurfang usually disband after loot is distributed.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account

my pugs cant get past failrowgar. i hate his guts that spilled out of his ribs years ago...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

On my server, PUGs (both 10 and 25) almost always get to Saurfang. 10-mans down him most of the time; 25-mans about half.

Getting any farther, however, seems to be a LOT less frequent.

Deleted

A lot of 25-man ICC pugs on my server can't even get Marrowgar down. The ones that do can usually kill Deathwhisper and Gunship Battle. Some manage to kill Saurfang too. Killing anything beyond the first wing in a pug would be extremely rare.

I do sometimes wonder exactly what people mean when they've killed x with a pug. If a pug has 10 or more people from the same raiding team, I wouldn't really consider it a pug anymore. Not that I doubt on some realms pugs can kill even difficult things. It's just that sometimes people will talk about having been in a pug, when in reality it was 20 people from the top 3 guilds in the realm + some randoms.

Yesterday, deep night, I've pugged ICC10 up to Valithria with no wipes.

Well, it was a pug, but we were all from the first 4 guilds of the server.

pft did a pug last saturday and we got to saurfang...right when we got there he says "sorry guys im tired" and logs off.... we tried one attempt and got roflstomped. This is why i hate pugs

Cleared first 4 and plagueworks with only 1 whipe on professor yesterday, too bad one of our healers had to leave after that so we couldn't keep on clearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji
    i refuse to believe people take down BQ and PP in 25man, those fights require so much coordination and people actually being on vent.

on my server the occasional pug gets down saurfang but after that its game over
    I hate to burst your bubble--

Over on Stormreaver US - Cathexis (alt of an <Impervious> main) Leads a GDKP run weekly - This last week on Friday night, we 1 shot Everything up to Sindragosa (Yes, we killed Prof. Putricide, and Blood Queen Lanathel), We didn't even attempt Sindragosa - but we probably would of killed her in 3-4 pulls - (No way we were going to pull Lich King though).

EDIT: This is on 25 Man Also.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

A true PuG will have trouble killing saurfang 25 and after him at least 2 people will quit anyway so you wont see any further progress as of now. That being said there are a lot of random-groups killing quite some stuff. If you get a core of players, only filling up some slots each week you shouldnt have much trouble clearing two wings + some more bosses. But then again thats not a PuG.

Just like a GDKP-Run is NOT a PuG. PuG to me is yelling in Dalaran, not pre-planning and stuff.

Tichondrius US (Alliance Side)
    25= Saurfang
    10= PP/BQ sometimes, mainly just Rotface Fester and BP
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesia
    Tichondrius US (Alliance Side)
    25= Saurfang
    10= PP/BQ sometimes, mainly just Rotface Fester and BP
    this except on uther reaLm

Can get as far as LK, on Ravencrest.

Deleted

our pugs is 11/12 25 man with very good ppl and some from the best guilds on servers alts. in 10 man they have also taken 11/12 just on HC mode. thats around top 50 in world

going for 12/12 tonight in 25man so we will see

twisting nether (horde)

25=rotface,festergut
    10=up to LK 8)

I don't PuG these myself but I heard most 10-man pugs might kill Festergut but no more. 25-Man raids usually fail on Lady Deathwhisper already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunoman
    Only idiots quote themselves

pugs on my server Burning Legion, if you get a really good pug(which I always do because I always make the group) then you can make it to rotface and down him after a few attempts. Then go do the miniboss that gives one frost badge. Anything after that is pretty much obsolete with a pug because they obviously don't run with their guilds and don't know the mechanics past that. I only pug because of my work schedule, it doesn't give me time to raid at normal times -.-

Most of the PUGs I've tried to join up mid-instance with either never get anywhere and I'm saved to garbage, or kill just a couple bosses before people 'have to go' shortly after joining.

It's an issue with people who don't raid, trying to raid, and not realizing the time/patience involved. The same people who are fine with leaving (after being saved) just an hour into the raid, and locking themselves (and everyone else) out of whatever instance for the rest of the week.

Honestly, if your gear is good enough, do yourself a favor, and seek out upstart raiding guilds at your level. You'll save yourself a load of head aches.

1-4 no wipe
    festergut a couple of tries
    rotface a couple of tries

then blood princes, since no one knows the fight, everyone leaves after a couple of wipes

frostmourne-EU

10man with alts + randoms: festergut+rotface incl. weekly quest, but usually only 4/12.

25man: usually 4/12, sometimes only 3/12, last night we went up to festergut, but the dps just wasn't up to the task.