Guys I made a dk on opening day flew to 80 and quit...want to start again

Overall he has about 3200 on gear score.....OK don't hide in fear lol

I enjoyed unholy leveling last year and had a blast. But I had other chrs and just quit playing him.
    I just started again and went blood and well last night we did ICC normal runs hoping to get him some eq.
    He got 2 pieces and working towards a tanking set.
    He only has 1300g and about 420 def but I would like to get him up to tanking. My main question is I don't have enough gold
    to go dual spec and epic mount on him and all the stuff I have on my other chrs.

IF I want to tank for some emblems but right now like I said I am too low on def so I have to do some work, I need a single build
    can I tank and dps with frost in a single build or do I have to go blood or what to do this?
    Just keep on blood till I get enough to tank and switch to frost?
    Overall it was fun last night too bad I only did about 1400dps.. Man my bear does 2x that tanking LOL

thanks for any ideas

Re: Guys I made a dk on opening day flew to 80 and quit...want to start again

Yeah... well first off you don't need a epic flyer. All you need to do is mass randoms until you get enough tank gear from emblems/drops to go tank.

Go tank, get better gear.

Done.

I say screw the epic flying and get dual spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Exonin
    I say screw the epic flying and get dual spec.
    This.

Also, purple mount is nice, but it doesn't help you against anything in a raid. Use your cash on your gear to at least be capped, even in hc's it sucks not to be.

If you like farming and are good at it..get epic flying and farm some gold to get crafted tanking gear (tempered saronite and titansteel stuff+titanshield wall with defense enchants should bring you weeeelll over 540 def) But you can as well start farming gold for crafted gear with normal flying...and save up for epic flying later when you start farming emblems. iLevel 200+ drops are not always that great for starting tanks because they have loads of HP but less defense. Defense is most important. Fuck 30k hp if boss crits you for 9k every second :P
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Find a tank friend or a random tank on your server to farm heroics with, and just play as a DPS until you're able just to buy the 232 tanking stuff. 13g a run + enchanting mats + vendoring trash should net you 1000g for dual spec fairly quick. Don't try to tank heroics until you're at least around 535 def, it sucks even in heroics when tanks get crit. Using +16 / +20 def gems over +24 / +30 stam is preferable until you're at the minimum defense rating.

you can get DEF cap using only crafted/quest blues and actually gemming/enchanting your gear (cheap enchants/blue gems)

if you want to tank get a few crafted items (daunting gloves/legs combined are like 150 def)

don't que up as dps and roll on tank gear its annoying. It's even worse if you do it in 1/2 tanking 1/2 quest gear in tanking spec.

if you refuse to buy the crafted gear then run regular dungeons and get your tank set. you dont need to be Def capped for regulars. for heroics you are shooting for 535, its pretty easy to get.

word to the wise: it sucks walking into a heroic with 24k buffed health 50 hit rating and 10 expertise, then having a 5800 GS fury warrior go all out. expect people to make fun of you, just smile and do your best.
    Make a macro annoucing you are a little new to tanking, asking to be given a second for aggro.

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...ster-gear-list

^^ this is a master gearing list for all tanking gear in WOLK. it is rated for paladins but at the bottom of each section will be blue crafted/quest blues to use

GL tanking

thanks for the info.
    My guild ran me thru icc normal mode and I am getting some tanking gear.

Right now I am still blood dps can't wait to shift to frost tanking.
    I don't have any one hand weapons so I will just use my Titansteel Destroyer until I can get something.
    Its slow going but I have other chrs to pass the time with

again thanks for the help
    (I checking in my guild and some people were playing dk tanks nov dec of last year...now everyone has moved on to pallys.
    Damn we are overloaded with them (mine is pretty poor 538def so I dont' even try LOL)

==============================
    forgot to ask about Rune Strike
    Long time ago when I was playing dk everyone in every build( I think ) was macroing this.
    ==============================

/startattack
    #showtooltip Scourge Strike
    /cast Rune Strike
    /cast Scourge Strike

Still Done ???

Deleted

yes, that macro is still used, but slightly different notation:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Scourge Strike
    /startattack
    /cast !Rune Strike
    /cast Scourge Strike
    especially note the "!" in front of "Rune Strike", it means you can only turn it on, not turn it off.

Doing dailies in tank gear is quite easy just switch presences if you really want.

Or if you're on a PvP server stay in frost and watch people stray away if they see health pool.
    "Got my teacup here, now all I need is a tea bag"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emperor/simple

After patch 3.3.3 (i think lol) Duel-wield frost is the way to go, with the huge upgrade of TPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep
    Who is Athene, lol tought you meant the city at first :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Worlds greatest paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Yes, and scientology is speaking the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    titanshield wall
    good dks use shields right?
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Fangose
    After patch 3.3.3 (i think lol) Duel-wield frost is the way to go, with the huge upgrade of TPS
    I find DW frost to be better for heroics. For the raiding scene blood is favored (hey if your tanking bigger health pool= better tanking skills along side with GS). Just make sure to go slow/slow (and dps/dps) if your going to be using DW frost tanking.

15+ Year Old Account

For the tanking part of your question: Consider reading the tanking sticky, most of your questions are answered there.

For the DPS part: Consider reading the DPS sticky, most of your questions are answered there.

And yes, Dualspec and gear>Epic flying

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    Overall he has about 3200 on gear score.....OK don't hide in fear lol

I enjoyed unholy leveling last year and had a blast. But I had other chrs and just quit playing him.
    I just started again and went blood and well last night we did ICC normal runs hoping to get him some eq.
    He got 2 pieces and working towards a tanking set.
    He only has 1300g and about 420 def but I would like to get him up to tanking. My main question is I don't have enough gold
    to go dual spec and epic mount on him and all the stuff I have on my other chrs.

IF I want to tank for some emblems but right now like I said I am too low on def so I have to do some work, I need a single build
    can I tank and dps with frost in a single build or do I have to go blood or what to do this?
    Just keep on blood till I get enough to tank and switch to frost?
    Overall it was fun last night too bad I only did about 1400dps.. Man my bear does 2x that tanking LOL

thanks for any ideas

frost tanking spec is pretty bad imo, if u want a nice tanking build copy mine: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Traum%C3%A1
    Quote Originally Posted by Paq
    Beer is the only way to stop me emo raging at people who want to stand in the fire coz they think it will keep them warm and cozy!