Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Idiots dont let me gear a holy paladin

@Organoth

So its our fault that blizz badly itemized stuff, and we should watch our healing/dps suffer for it because of it...riiighhhtttt????
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Errant
    Mail's generally not that good for paladins anyway.
    There is BiS mail gear and there is BiS cloth gear. I wouldn't mind if it's something other than plate, just as long as it has haste on it. Armour doesn't do you much good anyway.

mp5 and spirit aren't really good stats to go for from what I understand.
    Spirit is crap for a holy paladin but mp5 is the second most important stat (after haste) so I think it's worth investing in. If you're going with HL healing that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Errant
    Mail's generally not that good for paladins anyway. mp5 and spirit aren't really good stats to go for from what I understand. As a holy paladin, there's an overabundance of plate spellpower gear that's not only perfectly itemized and stat budgeted for you, but no one else can ever roll against you on it, so there's really not much to complain about it.
    Sadly Blizz puts haste/mp5 and crit/mp5 on almost all holy plate instead of sp/haste/crit. Our Holy Paladin still uses his naxx bracers till the ones of princes drop because blizz refuses to itemize plate healing gear well. Just got rid of his pennant cloak last week, for the same reason

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    Spirit is crap for a holy paladin but mp5 is the second most important stat (after haste) so I think it's worth investing in. If you're going with HL healing that is.
    LOL, I'm so sorry for your guild if you think mp5 is your 2nd best stat, mp5 is the least important stat on holy gear by a fair margin, lemme guess, you use a lot of Flash of Light, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerelic
    LOL, I'm so sorry for your guild if you think mp5 is your 2nd best stat, mp5 is the least important stat on holy gear by a fair margin, lemme guess, you use a lot of Flash of Light, too?
    You know that makes no sense. FoL is the cheap spell. Why would you gear for more regen when you spam the cheap heal?

Welcome to 3.1, did you not get the memo about mp5 being 25% better and crit being 50% worse?

Also mp5 is the 3rd most important stat, Int > Haste > Mp5

The comment about FoL was because only terrible pallies spam FoL, and from a pure mana conservation purpose mp5 is better than crit, but it does nothing for your healing throughput, while both are a way for you to lengthen the time before you run oom, crit also doubles the heal while conserving mana, its not a matter of whether or not mp5 is more mana efficient, its if a pally who stacks pure crit can still sustain HL spamming on a tank...the answer is yes, meaning a pally with pure crit does more healing than a pally who gears for mp5. mp5 is efficiency to the point of redundancy, if you can put out more healing with crit and never run oom, wtf is the purpose of stacking such a linear stat?

The comment about FoL was because only terrible pallies spam FoL, and from a pure mana conservation purpose mp5 is better than crit, but it does nothing for your healing throughput, while both are a way for you to lengthen the time before you run oom, crit also doubles the heal while conserving mana, its not a matter of whether or not mp5 is more mana efficient, its if a pally who stacks pure crit can still sustain HL spamming on a tank...the answer is yes, meaning a pally with pure crit does more healing than a pally who gears for mp5. mp5 is efficiency to the point of redundancy, if you can put out more healing with crit and never run oom, wtf is the purpose of stacking such a linear stat?
    The fail or trolling is strong in this one.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

No need to be sorry, I'll correct myself. It's the 3rd most important stat to a holy paladin.

I wouldn't need a lot of mana regen if I spam FoL now would I?

The comment about FoL was because only terrible pallies spam FoL,
    Both yes and no. It depends on the content I'm doing (i.e facerolling heroics or raid ICC). In raids I most certainly almost never use FoL thus making the mp5 stat more important.

and from a pure mana conservation purpose mp5 is better than crit, but it does nothing for your healing throughput,
    Crit only adds to the overhealing and drains you of mana so it's not as good to stack as mp5 when you spam Holy Light. Look around this forum and you'll find the same answers from players who know a lot more about this than I do.

Btw, you don't make sense first saying mp5 is not important and then changing your mind in the next post. Trouble making up your mind?

Except the answer is no, they can't. It's a common fallacy that Holy Paladins can spam Holy Light from the start of a fight to the finish and never run out of mana - even using Divine Plea on cooldown it's not possible for most fights.

Also, reading your posts hurt my brain. Stick to tanking, I think.