Thread: I am "a bad".

Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

I am "a bad".

I am "a bad"

In the eyes of those that will use the term as such, I am "a bad".

I play WoW to have fun, and I often figure out what's optimal mostly from trial and error within my time playing the game. What's optimal to me may not be optimal to you, and I'm fine with that, and that's all that matters. In this, I am happy to be "a bad".

I play by moving with my keyboard, because that's how I started playing back in 2006, when keyboard turning wasn't such a faux pas. I have had multiple max level characters in each phase of the game this way, and actively achieved a high rank in PvP when the ladder system was in, before battlegroups, all the while being a keyboard turner. I'm good enough to do what I enjoy, and that's good enough for me. In this, I am happy to be "a bad".

I am a roleplayer, and as such, have spent the talent points on my main character (blood/frost DK) to reflect this, forsaking blood worms on my DPS spec because maggots are not in the least bit heroic. I'm still more than good enough to do what I enjoy, and that's good enough for me. In this, I am happy to be "a bad".

Most of my UI is default, even while healing. I have still received multiple compliments on various healing characters over the years, long before there were treeforms or other such tools of healing supremacy. I'm still more than good enough to do what I enjoy, and that's good enough for me. In this, I am happy to be "a bad".

I love 5-man content, and the concept of emblem grinding. Having been raised on JRPG's and the ethic of "this boss is kicking my ass, time to grind more XP/currency, to get better abilities/gear", the emblem grind couldn't be better placed than on the content myself and my friends enjoy most of all. I realize that I won't have the top gear in the game, but that's fine, because I'm still more than good enough to do what I enjoy, and that's good enough for me. In this, I am happy to be "a bad".

I don't entirely get the big hoo-haa over raiding being the ultimate WoW incarnation. Being an EQ vet, I can still recall when uninstanced world bosses downed by competing groups of 60-80 players was the norm, and you either raided or you faded into obscurity on Norrath. Coming from that to WoW, I revered and feared raiding then (In vanilla) and I still do now, and in the few times I step into the raid content, I am still full of reverence, respect and wonder. Having come into a full respectful understanding of the new developmental direction of WoW with WOTLK, I will never again believe that Blizzard are preserving the ethic of unreasonable difficulty formerly associated with entering a raid, and soundly believe that the logistical tweaking from "access mode" to hard mode is quite intelligently representative of the percentage of the player base that will find enjoyment in being taken to the edge of one's nerves simply to enjoy "pretendy funtime games". I'm devoted enough to enjoy "access mode", and perfectly happy that way, and for this, I am "a bad". I'm still more than good enough to do what I enjoy, and that's good enough for me. In this, I am happy to be "a bad".

Finally, I am cognizant enough to realize that "bad" is not a noun. I am the guy that started your last random dungeon with a friendly "hello! ", put the GOGOGOGO people on ignore, and pulled a consistent 3-4k dps throughout the somewhat quiet, but otherwise pleasant instance run. I'm also the tank that uses readychecks and asks the healer's "ok" before assuming they'll just heal through lightning nova, and I'm the healer who will heal the DPS, even when they make human errors. I'm still more than good enough to do what I enjoy, and that's good enough for me. In this, I am happy to be "a bad".

On behalf of all of us reading, to all of you about to flame me, let me say it clear, and say it loud:

I'm "a bad", and I'm proud!

Coming soon to a random dungeon or raid near you, whether you like it or not!

Edits: Accidental repeats, spelling, and clarified "3-4k" instead of "3.4k". The travails of composing on my phone!
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

Re: I am "a bad".

I'm not allowed to say it but this is a well cool story!

Good for you!
    I just got what Falric is talking about in HoR.
    Men, women and children... None were spared the master's wrath.
    Despair... so delicious...
    Fear... so exhilarating...
    Clearly, he was referring to the cataclysm class previews.

if you think wotlk heroics are fun or present any sort of joy from running them , then something is very wrong with you.

keyboardturner + clicker. u are bad!

I actually enjoyed reading that :P

Dude what server are you on, I wanna play with you:-p

10+ Year Old Account
    Italy (y'know, spaghetti pizza maccaroni)

Wall o' textual eyerape.
    Other than that, you unified two points, a good and a bad one:
    1)The fact that you play the game to enjoy it is one of those simple facts that everybody forget.
    2)The fact that you play the game and that you're a "bad" may often mean that you are making the game worse for those around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon
    I am a roleplayer, and as such, have spent the talent points on my main character (blood/frost DK) to reflect this, forsaking blood worms on my DPS spec because maggots are not in the least bit heroic.
    I don't want to open another really idiotic thread about lorenerds, but you are actually a resurrected hero by our dear Mr. Frozenbutt, and then slew thousands of innocents. How much heroic is that?
    Banana phone
    I've got this feeling, so appealing,
    for us to get together and sing. Sing!

Well written, I am by those standards bad too :-[

Bravo to you sir, not because you admit you are a "bad" because you keyboard turn, but because you overcome your own handicaps and excel at what you do.

Oh and learning the game for yourself is the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Baranfac
    Good that you came in here and told the OP, he probably hadn't noticed it himself by now....oh wait..?
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Baranfac
    Its people like you who deserves a kick in the nuts for breathing my air. Who are you to judge the skills of a player who use the keys to play? You cannot per default say a player is bad because he turns by pressing a key. If your read and understand his post correctly you would notice that he do just fine playing the same content you are trying to be so elite about. Which I'm sure you aren't anyway because there's always something to improve in order to be the hero in your life. And for that you are very cool. Awesome and cool in fact.

Regardless of this persons age and gender he/she is the mature player in this game whom everone will enjoy spending gametime with. People too busy realizing these kind of persons are hard to come by need to get out more instead of nerd raging about some stats, abilities, skills, whatever.

I salute this post with respect and call for more people to join this thread to congratulate this person for being a most wanted in great parts of this game.

With four 80's and three 70's, I would venture to say that you know more about general class and gameplay mechanics than 90% of the WoW population. And probably 50% or more of the raiding population.

As far as keyboard turning, that's not that bad, especially if you understand that if you jump while keyboard turning, you turn much faster. As far as being a clicker goes, I find that I'm more responsive binding keys to the number pad where I can quickly go back and forth between the mouse and keys, but to each his own.

I too came from EQ, 5 year vet of EQ and have been on WoW since launch as well. Good to meet an EQ vet. Typically if you played any length of time in EQ, you learned about MMORPG etiquette, and that's rare nowadays. /raises a glass to you!

3k+ in a heroic is fine with me, matter of fact I'll take that all day long.

My wife and I as well, both immediately put the "gogogogo" people on ignore. It's funny that they're too ignorant to realize that part of the reason their queue keeps getting longer is because of their attitudes. It's ironic and I love it.

Keep playing the way that serves you well, as long as you're not holding back a raid group (10-25 people's time), fugg'em. Like I said 3k in a heroic is more than fine. It's the 1-1.5k crowd that bothers the hell outta me.

Enjoy the game and keep doing what you do...

Quote Originally Posted by Razzo
    Its people like you who deserves a kick in the nuts for breathing my air. Who are you to judge the skills of a player who use the keys to play? You cannot per default say a player is bad because he turns by pressing a key. If your read and understand his post correctly you would notice that he do just fine playing the same content you are trying to be so elite about. Which I'm sure you aren't anyway because there's always something to improve in order to be the hero in your life. And for that you are very cool. Awesome and cool in fact.

Regardless of this persons age and gender he/she is the mature player in this game whom everone will enjoy spending gametime with. People too busy realizing these kind of persons are hard to come by need to get out more instead of nerd raging about some stats, abilities, skills, whatever.

I salute this post with respect and call for more people to join this thread to congratulate this person for being a most wanted in great parts of this game.

I am reasonably sure he is just joking, but who knows these days ...

Quote Originally Posted by foralexlul
    if you think wotlk heroics are fun or present any sort of joy from running them , then something is very wrong with you.
    Your opinion is different from mine, therefore something is wrong with you!

Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Turkey
    Wall o' textual eyerape.
    Other than that, you unified two points, a good and a bad one:
    1)The fact that you play the game to enjoy it is one of those simple facts that everybody forget.
    2)The fact that you play the game and that you're a "bad" may often mean that you are making the game worse for those around you.
    I don't want to open another really idiotic thread about lorenerds, but you are actually a resurrected hero by our dear Mr. Frozenbutt, and then slew thousands of innocents. How much heroic is that?
    Are all the negative repliers to this "Insane".

This guy pays a fee, enjoys himself and if we are to take what he says as truth (we have to give him the benefit of the doubt) the he is also improving the game not making it worse.

He is the tank I wish I had on my healer, he is the dps I wish I had on my tank and he is the healer I wish I had on my dps.

I have played this game for 5 years and as long as some one is getting what they want from the game, are happy with this and not impacting the community that surrounds him in a negative way then I claim your having ago because your either at work/school and couldn't think of anything constructive to say and therefore are hiding in the mass of inevitable flame that this thread will no doubt produce, rather than have the guts like some of us to say "well done".

what more can you ask of this player. I give you a high five and wish you the best of luck my friend.

And thats how spooked sees it.
    Freindship is like peeing yourself, Others can see it but only you get the warmth that it brings.
    ______

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&cn=Spooked

Good post mate. Gives a nice perspective on things.

I just can't help myself though, less turning more strafing!

you are not bad , you are the in the above 50% of the average player

or a troll

-applause- It's nice to see someone else in the game who doesn't commit ritual suicide because their collection of sprites and tooltips with colored names isn't better than everyone else's collection of sprites and tooltips with colored names.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

And next patch I won't even have to wait 15 mins to kick you from my random heroic! Everyone's a winner!