Poll: What do you enjoy the most 10 or 25 man Raids

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What do you enjoy the most 10 or 25man raids?

Pretty simple poll. Just wanted too know if ppl enjoy 10 or 25 man the most

My own vote goes too 10man raid. The reason for this is. You feel like you are more needed, that a mistake in 10man can be a huge problem, and also a good player in 10man can do a big difference. Ofcourse organising a 25man is also of effort, but sometimes i do feel that doing 10man req more skill from each person

Also the social part of being 10 ppl together in a raid and on vt, mostly feels more enjoyable

Re: What do you enjoy the most 10 or 25man raids?

10 man.

As you said, you feel more than just another number, and get to know the group a whole lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

25, its harder, and the feeling "I'm just a tiny part of a big group taking down a huge baddie" is much stronger.

10 man, it's hard to find 25 good raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde
    Also the social part of being 10 ppl together in a raid and on vt, mostly feels more enjoyable
    Yep you hit it. In 10 man we have the same 10 people now since Naxx. We have learned how each other play, and we just screw around in Vent. It is just 10 friends hanging out raiding. It is easier to work on performance without someone feeling that they are being "called out" in front of a bunch of people.

25 man is a lot of different people. We have about 45 different people who show up to 25 man.
    "Peace is a lie"

10. I find the atmosphere to be better in that format.
    Correlation does not imply causation.

Deleted

Tricky question (i voted 10 man)

10 man raids are generally harder than 25 man, as each and every person in 10 man raids has to meaningfully contribute and concentrate, in 25 man raids 5 or 6 slackers wont really hinder your raid, 5 or 6 slackers in 10 man = no raid.

That said I do enjoy the mayhem of 25 man raids, but mostly i enjoy 10 men, as you know each of the 10 men is working their hardest.

25 man because it's harder to organize and the loot is better.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

10 man without a doubt
    Much easier to organize and you'll also got the feeling your healing/tanking/DPS'ing matter.

Sometimes when I'm in a 25 man I just start DPS'ing (with some random PW:S's yes I'm Disc) cause I know the other healers can keep up.
    Slacking on 10 man isn't that easy

Also with 10 man it's easir to pick the guildies you like best lol (and not the *insert comment about a certain raider you don't like*)

10 is much more enjoyable to me.

Herding 10 cats is much easier than herding 25. I enjoy the challenge of 25s but 10 is less stressful for me and therefore I enjoy it more.

I can't imagine trying to find 25 people capable of doing hard modes.
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

15+ Year Old Account

If everyone in my 25-man had the same skill, dedication, and patience as the people in my 10-man, I'd most definitely enjoy the 25-man better. As it is, the 10-man is often more enjoyable.

I wonder how many of the 25-man people would say 10 if the gear were the same, and if the answer is nearly all of them... then perhaps Blizz could spend the 25-man tuning time on other things.

10 man just feels more like teamwork to me. In a 10 man I know the strengths and weaknesses of the rest of my team - I know my co-healer much better and our interaction is much more important - I feel a greater sense of responsibility.

25 man feels more like work for loot than fun.

25 man.

10 just feels like you show up somewhere with a handful of people and kill some crap. 25 feels epic, like you actually need a large force to take down some massive power.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Without question I chose 10 man. Having done both successfully, I have never truely found myself looking forward to the 25 man raiding like i do the 10 man. I love my Saturday morning Hardmode 10 man group, we all know each other well and get along great. IMO, synergy trumps gear in a raid and this is MUCH easier to find in the 10 man scene. 25s have lost their luster for me and other than the improved gear, I have no interest in them anymore...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

10 man, seeing as its easier too gather 10 non idiots than 25.

Only wanna do 25 man cause it gives more powerful loot, and you get too scream on more ppl than just 9 others!

I've converted to 10 man. I liked the big feel of 25 man raids, but they're just so chaotic that you never see half the fight. With 10 mans, you can see mostly everything that is going on.

Also, I know the other 9 people in my raid very well, if they aren't my RL friends to begin with. If you had to choose between great friends with a 10 man raid and no friends/5 friends that you know well in your 25 man raid, which would you choose?

The appeal of 10 mans also allows some flexibility. It's easier to get your 10 people on any day of the week, postpone the raid, push it back an hour, etc. Changing 25 people's work/life schedules to reschedule a raid is a big PITA and would rarely happen.

25 mans offer epic mounts, a little bit better gear, and more chaos. That's it. The next tier of 10 man gear replaces most of the previous normal 25 anyway. A recoverable mistake in 25 man may be a fatal mistake in 10 mans.

Like others have said, 10 man feels more like an intimate team, 25 man feels like a mass of people going to mob down/clobber a boss to death.

After seeing the poll roll out so far, its quite sad there aint many pure 10man raiding guild

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    If everyone in my 25-man had the same skill, dedication, and patience as the people in my 10-man, I'd most definitely enjoy the 25-man better. As it is, the 10-man is often more enjoyable.
    This. I enjoy 25mans more when I have a decent group, it just somehow feels more epic and it's definately more challenging. Getting a new boss down feels like more of an achievement in 25mans. The only problem is that atleast on my realm it's impossible to get away from the slackers in 25mans unless you're in the top 2-3 guilds, and for me that ruins it. I have no issues with wiping on tough encounters, but I do have a problem when the reason for the wiping is pure laziness from players who haven't even tried to learn their class or the encounter, so it's often more enjoyable to put together a 10man group of dedicated players.

10 man because it tends to be a closer group, 25 man for the "epic" experience.

If I had to choose between the two, it would be 10 man though. I would much rather hit brick walls with 9 people I enjoy playing with than a chance at hitting said object with a bunch of people I don't particularly enjoy.