Opinion on Last Word (Prot Weapon)

So what do you guys think of the Last Word weapon from Putricide25 for paladin tanking?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50179

I was previously using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47967

This dropped for us earlier this week, and I'm personally enjoying it quite a bit. As the MT of my guild, the additional 300sp this weapon gives to all of the incoming heals on me is very nice, along with the 100str and the ~27 MH DPS increase which turns into mitigation and a TPS/DPS boost. True a lot of healing done on tanks is over-healing, and you could say if I wanted more heals, why not spec into divinity? Divinity is a waste of 5 talent points better spent elsewhere, and the proc off the weapon might as well be passive since it has a 100% uptime (confirmed).

I know there's been conflicting reports on this weapon, and what I can agree on is that this weapon would be fucking terrible for an OT, and even worse for a warrior.

But anyways. I wanted to get some people's opinions.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Opinion on Last Word (Prot Weapon)

I am looking forward to this weapon, for a few reasons.

1) I like proc based weapons. Some dont, but I do. I think its fun.

2) This proc, if it is indeed 100% uptime, is an upgrade over my weapon I use now. I use Crusader's Glory as well.

3) The extra healing is an added bonus. Sometimes it will help, other times it will be overheals but it doesn't cost 5 talent points.

The only thing that I would be conflicted about, is that it does have slightly less Stam than Crusader's Glory(when socketed with a blue gem) and it lacks the Armor that Crusader's Glory has as well. This comes down to a personal choice for me, and as much as I like the stam/armor, see #1.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

I can confirm it has a 100% uptime . Been using it for a few days now, testing it out in heroics and in my 10 man. I only lost 20 hp switching from CG to Last Word (JC gems ftw).

The timer on the buff won't drop any lower than 6 seconds before it refreshes itself back to 10. And even if you have to move around for a boss encounter (marrowgar for example), and the buff somehow manages to fall off, it'll refresh in 2 hits at max (yellow/white hits both included). That's more than I can say for the shitty frost badge libram lol. 12 seconds to fully stack for only 19 more dodge over the 245 libram WTF?! And if u aren't expertise capped like me it could fall off and reset the stack counter just from a missed SoTR. Fail blizz.

It looks kinda cool. If i ever had the chance to get one i'd take it. >>

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

Yeah I agree the weapon looks rather nice. The actual proc itself is pretty cool looking too. Looks like a golden book of light coming out from your character every time the proc refreshes. Gets kinda annoying after a day or so though, having the buff shining in your face all the time lol.

get last word for general use and keep crusaders glory around for max survivability fights.

I have been using this weapon for MTing our guilds 10/25 man Arthas attempts and it is an exceptional quality weapon despite my initial distrust of the proc rate.

The 100 strength is a solid threat bonus and the healing bonus is fantastic, I am using mongoose on mine and find I have no trouble holding threat from any of the guilds DPS (although I am getting sick of the dancing Arthas does because of the amount of ghouls that can build up in 10's -_-)

There are 1-2 weapons I would look at over this but until I down Arthas it's not really worth considering.
    Daenerýs

“It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that--it's all illusion. Unknown is what it is. Accept that it's unknown and it's plain sailing. Everything is unknown--then you're ahead of the game. That's what it is. Right?” - John Lennon