Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

T10 Ele totem: Best totem in the game for Ele AND Restos?

One of the best Resto Shamans on my server is using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50458 instead of http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50464. He's also a hardcore Haste stacker, ALL of his gems have haste and all of his yellow gem slots are filled with pure haste gems.

What do you guys think?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Re: T10 Ele totem: Best totem in the game for Ele AND Restos?

I'd say its a bit overkill.
    It's not as if that haste is the needed for him to suceed/not suceed and it seems that Sp>Haste still no matter what.
    Plus imagine he cannot cast a flameshock for whatever reason?
    Dunno tbh guess its one of those things where its really personal choice.
    Pew pew

I have tested this out and yes its rather nice. However since we are not hit capped, sometimes you need to cast it twice and waste a couple globals to get the 5 stack to keep up. Very much like the paladins judging for their haste talent. However we do not get passive +hit rating or increased range like paladins do.

It is decent for fights where you can just spam chain heal, however I do not recommend using this relic for every fight. Your time to oom will be ridiculous. I recommend staying with the 245 or 264 restoration relic. Fight dependent.
    Healing isn't something you can calculate. It's an art.

Quote Originally Posted by Pullup

Plus imagine he cannot cast a flameshock for whatever reason?
    All I wanted to say is the buff lasts 30 seconds, so I think it'd be hard for it to fall, unless you get super unlucky and miss a lot of times in a row.

Deleted

I would really reconmend not using this totem.
    First you have to run closer the boss then you normall would to cast the ability (therefore time lost while moving). Secondly theres the global cooldown use which would lower your overall healing. Then there is also the chance it would miss. To be honest I would say its a bit of a waste of time.

for the 10000th time NO, use the riptide or CH one depending on the fight

you lose healing to waste gcds on casting flame shock, plus 0% hit etc
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

I use it just fine, once you initially cast it you have to cast it every 41 seconds (to be safe).

There isn't a fight in the game where you can't spare 1 gcd every 41 seconds.
    Can't recall a time it ever missed and I had to cast more than once, although I'm sure it happens.

Mainly depends on your role, the gear of your raid members etc. I have no problem keeping anyone alive without the extra spl from the other one
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

I have no problem keeping FS up.

I find the additional haste is excellent on fights that require heavy chain healing.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sher&cn=Gouban

Give me an internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    No, they're the exchange students from China who cut your lock with bolt cutters, steal everything in your locker, then put their own padlock on the locker.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy
    I use it just fine, once you initially cast it you have to cast it every 41 seconds (to be safe).

There isn't a fight in the game where you can't spare 1 gcd every 41 seconds.
    Can't recall a time it ever missed and I had to cast more than once, although I'm sure it happens.

Mainly depends on your role, the gear of your raid members etc. I have no problem keeping anyone alive without the extra spl from the other one
    Then you havn't done some of the harder fights. Also fights like queen, I can safely say I never stop healing.
    Whats the point of getting a haste relic if you lose a GCD to flame shock the boss?
    Also its been tested on EJ that its not worth getting (orginally thought it might be worth it). I could find the information if people need it but don't have it right now.

I personally don't find it worth it. It's a waste of GCD and too annoying to keep up and with the latest Flame shock update the duration while go down from 18 sec to around 11-12 which means you have to recast if even more often. NOT WORTH IT.

I wouldnt use it for healing.

Having zero spell hit is going to make it a pain sometimes to keep up, and even though the buff is 30s when fully stacked it has a good chance of falling off if you get an unlucky string of misses or if you have to move/spam heal and cant afford to burn a GCD on a dps spell.

For 5mans sure, but when are you going to need the haste?

There are also some fights which do not lend well to this at all, BQ, Dreamwalker, Sindy, Festergut the latter stages of Sarufang

Overall you are best getting the resto totem and leaving this to the elementals.

Deleted

FS Totem gives a superior stat while requiring:

- Closer range to the boss then we might want
    - An extra GCD every 30~ seconds, which we may or may not have.
    - Extra mana, which we may or may not care about
    - RNG.

Situational totem. More GCD-intensive fights will favour the Riptide totem unless you can get the FS totem buff up before phases when you have to spam.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

If you don't need MP5, Haste is one of the best stats for Resto. They use Bizuri's because it provides a ton of Haste. The problem however is that Resto has no +Hit, so quite often your FS will miss and you'll waste a GCD.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

I use it and havent had any problems yet. My guild just started HMs, extra haste comes in handy. Tho you should be really judging what totem to use from fight to fight.

not to mention in the next patch you will have to recast FS even more often.

15+ Year Old Account

Resto Shams using this totem are definatley doing something wrong (or their raid is doing something wrong). If you got a GCD free to spend it on FS you should take one healer less. Not to mention that you got 0 hit as resto, so your uptime will be f-king low or you will have to spend even more GCDs to use this.

It's very easy to reach the soft cap for haste by using just the standard gear, so why gimp your GCD-rotation for additional haste?

So many stupid posts in this thread ... :
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof
    Resto Shams using this totem are definatley doing something wrong (or their raid is doing something wrong). If you got a GCD free to spend it on FS you should take one healer less. Not to mention that you got 0 hit as resto, so your uptime will be f-king low or you will have to spend even more GCDs to use this.

It's very easy to reach the soft cap for haste by using just the standard gear, so why gimp your GCD-rotation for additional haste?

So many stupid posts in this thread ... :
    I find that a little close minded, not being open minded to new ideas and different situations is stupid. Granted, A LOT of fight it's not a good idea, but plenty of them it's just fine. And if you don't want to have to do any work that's not chain heal then don't use the alternate totem, but you can't say that it's a horrid idea.

Seems usefull on fights where u can spare the global cd right before some heavy burst is incomming where the extra haste is usefull, test it out yourself on fights that u think its usefull for. You should be able to judge on yourself if the 'wasted' gcd is worth it or not.

I just thought of one situation where this can be very good, lets say yo do a boss which requires alot of movement, then basically what you can do while running is cast a riptide which got 6 sec CD, or refresh shields, and its not like you have to do that all the time so my point is, bosses where you run alot = flame shock = this totem is better than any other totem currently in the game.

I wouldnt reccomend using it for all bosses though. having different items for different fights is needed if you wanna reach your max capacity for every boss and wanna become as good as possible.

I'm main spec ele off spec resto and i use a few pieces of ele gear in my resto set which isn't too bad. I use this totem along with Muradin's Spyglass and with 3% hit from our SPriest and 6% from my gear i almost never miss and flameshock gives me a nice 220 haste and 180 sp if i keep it up. I used to use 2 pieces of T9 ele gear as resto too so only had to shock once per min or so. Excellent totem for offspec resto shaman.