A lot of newbie questions

Just got my lvl71 hunter out of the box (didnt play him for about 2 years), specced survival, got some glyphs, read some threads...
    and now? my pet doesnt hold any aggro, how do i level? till now i run in, lay down frost trap and use LnL, mob dead. next mob, LnL is on cooldown, so i´ll send my pet in, start with ES and immediately FD and then keep on shooting, using KS when mob <20%. any suggestions?

i think i ´ll get 3 pets: 1 wolf for dungeons, 1 <input random ferocity pet here) for leveling (with talents like dash, charge, boars speed,...) and 1 tenacity pet for doing solo elites...
    i read i should use MD for leveling, right?

in dungeons i do volley vs. 3+ mobs and vs 2 i use BA and SS while keeping ES on cooldown and using multishot... vs single targets i use the rotation (or priority list) given in the guides...

some big failure by me here? i appreciate any help, thanks!

Re: A lot of newbie questions

Most hunters try to level Beast mastery, but personally I leveled survival, you have to understand as surv, pet isnt really gonna hold aggro, but I did most of my leveling by just killing mobs before they touch me. Dungeons you look fine. Also. this kind of teaches you to kite, which is a main part of PvP as a hunter, if you are going towards that.