Poll: Do you want Gurubashi arena to be in the selections of arenas?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Gurubashi arena NEEDS to be an actual playable arena.

Gurubashi arena is arguably the only TRUE arena. Its not plagues with pillars or ramps or anything. Its just straight up your team versus the other team. if you are a healer, and play mainly with LoS, tough luck, this is the DPS's turn to have the LoS advantage, which is no LoS at all. This is the arena were it is actually FAIR. Let the best man win!

Re: Gurubashi arena NEEDS to be an actual playable arena.

Quote Originally Posted by BFGOMFG
    Gurubashi arena is arguably the only TRUE arena. Its not plagues with pillars or ramps or anything. Its just straight up your team versus the other team. if you are a healer, and play mainly with LoS, tough luck, this is the DPS's turn to have the LoS advantage, which is no LoS at all. This is the arena were it is actually FAIR. Let the best man win!
    Honestly, I think the healers would disagree...but, balancing aside, and if it's just if I would LIKE to see it...yes, yes I would.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

or we could remover arena from the game and put some max level stuff in the chest too.

Basically you want to faceroll with full dps teams and promote tunnel vision. Sounds lovely to me, just another bad arena people will rage about.

Fair? I hardly consider it fair. The only reason healers don't insta-die is because of LoS. Matches will end even quicker, which ultimately is not the goal of arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by supazio
    I know everyone else is too lazy so whenever I run voa I just tricks the highest melee dps every cooldown. And I don't even have the set boner. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc
    Hang on, you were going to make a class that you never see the race as with one of the new races, and then decide not to because you'll actually see aforementioned new race? Make does this sense not.

Ring of Valor is basically without pillars. Many classes are already complaining about that as cleave teams have a huge advantage.

In Gurubashi arena you can LoS in the bleachers, the walls separating bleacher sections, and standing close to the edge of the sand pit if someone it on top of the bleachers.

Gurubashi has more LoS than ring of valor.

If it was just the sand pit I don't think people would be thrilled.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior
    Ring of Valor is basically without pillars. Many classes are already complaining about that as cleave teams have a huge advantage.

In Gurubashi arena you can LoS in the bleachers, the walls separating bleacher sections, and standing close to the edge of the sand pit if someone it on top of the bleachers.

I believe he was only referring to the sand pit part.
    Quote Originally Posted by supazio
    I know everyone else is too lazy so whenever I run voa I just tricks the highest melee dps every cooldown. And I don't even have the set boner. ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc
    Hang on, you were going to make a class that you never see the race as with one of the new races, and then decide not to because you'll actually see aforementioned new race? Make does this sense not.

Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Honestly, I think the healers would disagree...but, balancing aside, and if it's just if I would LIKE to see it...yes, yes I would.
    healers shouldn't. Both teams have equal advantage

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior

The arena itself, not the stadium.

healers shouldn't. Both teams have equal advantage
    Please elaborate on the equal advantage in me mana burning a pally and him getting to sit there and say huh, at least this is equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative
    Please elaborate on the equal advantage in me mana burning a pally and him getting to sit there and say huh, at least this is equal.
    He can smash your face in while you try it (assuming ret) or his dps can smash your face in if while you try it (holy)

He can smash your face in while you try it (assuming ret) or his dps can smash your face in if while you try it (holy)
    So are you assuming nobody is ever able to freecast? That's an outrageous assumption. People will fast cc and offensive spells, classes with said spells would dominate. For those without, this arena would just be aweful.

So are you assuming nobody is ever able to freecast? That's an outrageous assumption. People will fast cc and offensive spells, classes with said spells would dominate. For those without, this arena would just be aweful.
    Are you assuming its 2v2?

I'm all for this arena tbh, but your argument sucks :P
    Let's say..rogue/prest vs warrior/hpally (two common comps) rogue stuns the shit outta the warr while priest mana burns.
    it's totally unfair, but that's life..why should everything be balanced? :S

Hunters, mages and especially Warriors would dominate this arena.

Are you assuming its 2v2?
    Seeing as how 2v2 is the most popular bracket, followed by 3v3, its a pretty fair assumption to be made.

it would be neat, but imo they should give you the entire stadium to fight in. this means the stands and the sime ring.

I think they should put a pet or a mount in there, keep it interesting. Make it only once a day though, it would be a brawl and I'd love to see that..

Now that makes me wonder, will they revamp it in Cata possibly?!

Seeing as how 2v2 is the most popular bracket, followed by 3v3, its a pretty fair assumption to be made.
    Not when 2v2 is useless. 3v3 is the most important bracket, where you need loads of strategy. Followed by 5v5 where it is even more difficult. So in reality your argument falls short when it is actually the least viable bracket. That would ONLY work in 2v2 against pallys is what you are implying.

i'd like the same goal too: you get constant cooldowned rezzed when you die (maybe 30 seconds to a minute) and the goal remains: get the chest and you win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.