Deleted

45/26/0 hybrid raidsupport spec?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMVh0Icfof0sZG0xtVMcz

how would this spec fare?

you lose 10% damage and 10% ArP, as well as a DPS cooldown. however, would this be counterbalanced by the extra raiddamage and the deeper speccing in frost?

Re: 45/26/0 hybrid raidsupport spec?

I'm guessing your getting endless winter because of the changes comming in the next patch with the 4% str right?

well I would take 3 points out of glacier rot and put them into annihilation for the 3% more crit to abilities.

Then take the 1 point out of lichborne and put it into blood gorged.

This spec will nerf your own personal dps by alot, but if your 25 doesn't have either of the 2 raid buffs your bringing with this spec it "might" be viable. For 10 mans your group would have to be kinda melee heavy to probably make use of this spec.

If I were you and wanted to use this spec the best idea would be to talk it over with your guild master or raid leader and see what they think about the idea. Then if they don't mind try raiding with it a few times on content you already have on farm and see how much your raid's dps is helped by the buffs. If your raid's dps is increased by more than the amount you are losing personally then I would stick with this spec.

Although as soon as you get someone els in your raid that can bring at least one of the raid buffs you have in this spec its not gona be worth it anymore.

All in all if you want to know how it will peform, the best way is to test it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlak
    It's all irrelevant to be honest. In the coming expansion, some random Joe Sixpack quest giver will still be ordering me, the godslaying lich-king defeating badass, to do some random poop-related quests.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Lysonder

How bout this?

You spec full into Blood, and let your raid bring an Enhance Shaman instead.
    Or just spec full into frost, and let your raid team bring a MM hunter.

Just use a cookie cutter, please.

Just use a cookie cutter, please.
    Really your gona jump on the cookie cutter banwagon?

Yes in the best case senario it would be best to have either a enhance shamy or a MM hunter, but this spec obviously is made under the asumption that this isnt a best case senario.

I know personally my guild only has 1 good raiding enhance shamy and there has been times when he (because of personal issuses) hasn't show up for raids. Which leave us losing our 20% haste. I have a frost offspec and so I don't mind going frost dps to fill his spot and having one of our other tanks fill my spot. This is one type of senario that raid leaders gotta deal with. The solution isn't always so simple as, just go get another one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlak
    It's all irrelevant to be honest. In the coming expansion, some random Joe Sixpack quest giver will still be ordering me, the godslaying lich-king defeating badass, to do some random poop-related quests.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Blade&cn=Lysonder

Honestly, you'll be seeing a marginal increase in DPS over people who simply did not spend those 27 talent points. 16 talent points only affect IT or, with Black Ice, marginally increase disease damage. The only time this might increase overall raid damage to fill in the loss from poor talenting would be in 25mans where if you lack a shaman to throw a Windfury for a major melee group...that is just absurd.

I will echo Dossou and say use a cookie cutter. If you want customization, I would select about anything besides WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_red13
    Really your gona jump on the cookie cutter banwagon?
    Cookie cutters exist because Blizzard creates very clear pathways through talent trees and makes the highest tier talents highly desirable, balancing the lower tier talents based on what any properly spec'd person will be able to acquire. Certain variation can exist, but I know of no one with viable hybrid specs anymore.

I have a frost offspec and so I don't mind going frost dps to fill his spot and having one of our other tanks fill my spot. This is one type of senario that raid leaders gotta deal with. The solution isn't always so simple as, just go get another one.
    Using a Frost DPS is not the same as harming your own spec tremendously. In fact, this would be preferable to what he is currently considering even if Frost is not the optimal spec for DPS it is viable.

Made some quick test using DK Simulator with BiS ICC gear.
    You lost around 20% DPS with you spec.
    Ask a Shaman Healer to drop non enhanced Windfury totem and go Blood.

Really your gona jump on the cookie cutter banwagon? .

Well to do top dps in this game it pretty much means you must. As others said there are so few choices and yes, "cataclysm will have more".

Bear in mind this: Even when cata hits there will STILL be cookie cutter builds because even with so many fun talents some will sim out better. If not they are simply non dps increasing talents and more things of the sort of thing blood has to deal with with their last point. (Imp blood pres, VB, Runetap, or w/e else you wanted to get).

Just recruit more classes into your guild?
    Options:
    -2 DKs, one blood, one frost (easiest solution, since DKs are everywhere)
    -1 DK frost, 1 marks hunter/enhance shaman (all hunters are marks now, but if you have a shaman you should spec UH if you don't already have a boomkin applying the 13% magic debuff, or a poor lock using elements)
    -1 DK blood, any shaman drop WF (preferably enhance)

It's so easy to cover the bases in terms of DPS buffs that it's never okay to use a sub-par spec. Cookie cutter builds are designed to squeeze every ounce of DPS out of your class possible, that's why they exist. Everything else should fall by the wayside if your role is DPSing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkit
    Just recruit more classes into your guild?
    Options:
    -2 DKs, one blood, one frost (easiest solution, since DKs are everywhere)
    -1 DK frost, 1 marks hunter/enhance shaman (all hunters are marks now, but if you have a shaman you should spec UH if you don't already have a boomkin applying the 13% magic debuff, or a poor lock using elements)
    -1 DK blood, any shaman drop WF (preferably enhance)

It's so easy to cover the bases in terms of DPS buffs that it's never okay to use a sub-par spec. Cookie cutter builds are designed to squeeze every ounce of DPS out of your class possible, that's why they exist. Everything else should fall by the wayside if your role is DPSing.

or.. Unholy dk, + enhance sham, athen your warlocks can do more dps and the sham profides the rest

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h,Hpa-3O,11573

use OB HS and DC keep Ur dots up with IT and PS
    Ur DPS shouldn't be to bad
    id imagine its only worth using in a 25 man when your the only one with these buffs

could also go DW with the spec

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...u,Hpa-3O,11573

have slow/fast weps for high uptime of Rune of the Fallen Crusader
    i kinda dout this will do as much dps tho

No, stop feeding him bad ideas and just recruit a shaman.

In 10 mans, the extra buffs aren't good enough to make it worthwile to gimp your own dps.

In 25 mans, there is more than enough space to have a shaman/hunter providing these buffs.