Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: ret "interrupt" Hand of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    ret needs those tools.

all melee fighters have any of these tools.

ret is melee.

Correct. Ret is (mostly) Melee. But Paladin isn't.

Rogue is ALL melee. Warrior is ALL melee. So you should have all their tools and heals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Copain

Rogue is ALL melee. Warrior is ALL melee. So you should have all their tools and heals?
    Shaman is not melee and they have interrupts and a slowing effect.

Why cannot paladins have one of those luxuries?
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

cwutididthar?
    Yes.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

HoF helps me not against mage. and against druids it doesnt help to.
    guess why?
    cleanse just drains mana, after 20-30 secs of duel against mage i switch to sow and go swing-swing.

cwutididthar?

what i try to say is that being a melee and robbed of melee tools because i can throw absurdely powerful FoL's for OVER 2000 feels a bit, sorrowful.
    And no surprise you completely disregard my mentioning of hand of freedom, or the fact that you can bubble. Again, if you can bring valid arguments as to why paladins 'need' a gap closer I'll consider changing my mind, but when it's the same old arguments while completely ignoring how other melee are effected by snares and roots then it's not worth the time.

At worst you still have cleanse, which no other melee class has, just because ONE class may make it difficult for you to use it doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered when comparing yourself to other melee classes.

ret "interrupt" Hammer of Justice

Quote Originally Posted by adgar
    ret "interrupt" Hammer of Justice
    No
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

inb4 *wow is not about 1v1* phrases - most of the times ret lends his HoF TO TEAMMATES leaving that ret behind with that mighty gap closing cleanse .
    But you're forgetting... the superawesomeness that is Pursuit of Justice.
    Metal on Metal O.O \m/

Quote Originally Posted by TehPoisonz
    Don't you mean you aren't OP like you were at start of launch of WotLK?
    To be fair, every single one of you bastards deserved that beatdown. I don't think anyone said "lolret" for two weeks following that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain

We are not asking for the same tools at the same lvl of effectiveness that they have we are asking for much weaker versions because all our defensive tools = crap as long as we have a small mana pool & as long as there is a hunter, shaman, priest, mage or felhunter around who can dispel them.

While it is true that we could use some sort of interrupt on a CD shorter then 1 min, we do not need the instant distance closer other melee classes have. What we need is for blizz to get rid of our joke that is pursuit of justice & replace it with a talent that adds increased resistance to dispel mechanics for hand of freedom & causes it to give us 20% or so increased run speed when we use it on ourselves.

As for MS effects allot of paladins claim we could use a MS, frankly I don't think we need a -50% healing debuff. However we could use something to lessen enemy spell power by a small % while we are trying to catch up to them, perhaps letting vindication also lower the targets spell power by a small % (say 12-20%) would be alright. It would not be that powerful, it would help to protect our allies & it can still be dispelled easily.

Or perhaps they could cause seal of wisdom or judgment of wisdom to burn a small % of mana off the target when we gain mana from its effect. it would not prevent any healing or damage but at least then a healer could not stand there all day and laugh at you whie spam healing his/her self.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Katakain
    name suggestion:

Light-Blessed Crusader's Divine Rainbow Hand of Just Righteousness and Tranquil Picnic Adventures of Graceful Purity for the Light

cant...stop....lol'ing

we have a winer

10+ Year Old Account

Every other class in the game is asking for a chance to beat a pally in a 1v1 match but that's not going to happen. But making paladins even more invincible is the perfect solution.

10+ Year Old Account

i already tried to hint that it would be a bad solution since most ofthe time we cast hoF on OTHERS.
    Alright how about whenever you cast hand of freedom on any target your run speed is increased by 20% for so for the duration & when you cast hand of freedom on yourself it has an additional 25-50% dispel mechanic resistance. That would be good instead of the crappy pursuit of justice we have now.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danktus
    Every other class in the game is asking for a chance to beat a pally in a 1v1 match but that's not going to happen. But making paladins even more invincible is the perfect solution.
    Since your a DK & most likely have the IQ of a chair I will let you know why we are complaining, Its because we are a completely buff dependent & defensive class. As such we become crap when there is a mage, felhunter, priest, hunter, shaman, kiting class or any healer present because they can completely negate all of our utility.

okay so what happens when the fail ret puts this hand on the tank and wipes the raid? thats the only thing i see wrong with the idea.. simple fix however since you can make it castable only on enemy targets but you really should have thought to put that in your first post.

Hand of Light sounds lame. Imo...Fist of Justice.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bluepants
    Hand of Light sounds lame. Imo...Fist of Justice.
    Even Better name, Pimp Slap of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    Even Better name, Pimp Slap of Justice!
    Cock slap of righteousness

this thread screams water down classes more

ret does not need MS, if this is the case im trading in my warrior for a retadin.

you dont need an interrupt because this is part of the thing that keeps ret being ret. your class is fine. quit complaining. time Hoj correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Minimach
    Cock slap of righteousness
    dont go too far, its a family friendly forum

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    dont go too far, its a family friendly forum
    wiener slap of righteousness??