Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Raiding Excitement

There is an issue I have with ICC. Being a great raid and all, I just don't find it that exciting. When it comes to raiding, I've always found it more exciting to do Naxx prior to Uld, Uld prior to TOTC, and TOTC prior to ICC. I personally find more excitement in preparing for the next tier of raiding. Doing Naxx, Uld, TOTC we all knew there was something else that would be coming out that our work in those raids would be going for. Now that the last progression raid is out I don't find myself too excited to get in there and fly through it. I'll go if someone needs another dps or tank, but I don't make sure I go every week like I did with Naxx, Uld, TOTC.

Don't get me wrong, ICC, imo was put together really well and I hope one day to down the LK. It's not so much an issue of what raid it is as it is an issue of last raids of expansions not exciting me.

Does anyone else ever feel this way?
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traejun
    I've blown up punk ass dragons before...I'll do it again.

Re: Raiding Excitement

Yes...because there really isn't anything to gear up for after it, all I get to see is Cata wiping my gear away.
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

Ruby Sanctum
    The new Ruby Sanctum raid instance IS NOT PART OF PATCH 3.3.3 but a beta version of the map and the loading screen are already here.

from the home page of mmo champ.....scroll down to get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Uglehpopsicle
    Ruby Sanctum
    The new Ruby Sanctum raid instance IS NOT PART OF PATCH 3.3.3 but a beta version of the map and the loading screen are already here.

from the home page of mmo champ.....scroll down to get to it
    Im betting Ruby sanctum will drop the same ilvl of gear as ICC does.

Yes I know about that but it is not progression into a new tier just an exetension of t10 item lvls. So we will see 251s, 264s, heroic ilvl stuff.
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

Yes ICC was a let down, it looks amazing, the lore is great but the bosses are just boring besides BQL, Putricide, sindragosa and LK. Hard modes arent unique (besides LK) like they were in Ulduar. Ulduar will go down as the best raid of Wrath, ICC doesnt have to be the best. It was good but not as exciting as Ulduar.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    Ulduar will go down as the best raid of Wrath, ICC doesnt have to be the best. It was good but not as exciting as Ulduar.
    I agree. I loved Ulduar. Maybe because it was a challenge after Naxx, but I really like it
    "Peace is a lie"

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by OafusBladesEdge
    Now that the last progression raid is out I don't find myself too excited to get in there and fly through it.
    I think this is always an issue when the new expansion is on the horizon. I know many guilds that lost steam halfway through original naxx because lots of members quit "until the expansion" to focus on real life for a while. The same thing happened to my guild in the middle of sunwell -- knowing that you're just going to replace all the gear with easy WotLK gear in a few months doesn't give much motivation for gear.

Do I have motivation to clear the ICC bosses now? Yes, and the gear upgrades will help with that. Do I think that my guild will continue raiding all the way until Cataclysm? Doubtful; at some point it does seem useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    I think this is always an issue when the new expansion is on the horizon. I know many guilds that lost steam halfway through original naxx because lots of members quit "until the expansion" to focus on real life for a while. The same thing happened to my guild in the middle of sunwell -- knowing that you're just going to replace all the gear with easy WotLK gear in a few months doesn't give much motivation for gear.

Do I have motivation to clear the ICC bosses now? Yes, and the gear upgrades will help with that. Do I think that my guild will continue raiding all the way until Cataclysm? Doubtful; at some point it does seem useless.
    It's not even about getting my gear easily replaced, it's more or less I'm gearing up just to beat the same bosses over and over, with nothing new coming from it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    Yes ICC was a let down, it looks amazing, the lore is great but the bosses are just boring besides BQL, Putricide, sindragosa and LK. Hard modes arent unique (besides LK) like they were in Ulduar. Ulduar will go down as the best raid of Wrath, ICC doesnt have to be the best. It was good but not as exciting as Ulduar.
    I do agree that Ulduar was the best of the expansion. Being in there felt epic, the hard modes were fun, and it's a story we will continue to play through in Uldum. I like the hardmodes more than heroic modes because I personally think working hard to engage a hard mode is more exciting then just beating it regular then doing heroic. A lot more variables come into play when you have to engage the hard mode.
    I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role.

Second that!

I still live in the hope of a Cataclysm release before August though it is very doubtful.
    And atm i am geared in mostly 264 and this kills alot of the fun to be honest, but it will be exiting too see what they are throwing at us for preparation to Cataclysm.
    Patch 3.3.3 will be very exiting together with ruby sanctum i think itt'l keep us ocupied atleast til the summer..
    The Exitiment part:
    For me as a "veteran" of Molten core and Blackwing lair, when it was _NEW_ i feel no exitement for any of the new instances, they dont have that "Epicness" that Bwl and MC had in the beginning.
    Standing in MC in front of the two molten giants knowing that it was a hell of a long way til Ragnaros and looking at the Hallowed core.. well it felt alot more "Epic" than entering Toc or ICC, Where i just feel that im entering to collect gear.
    Ulduar however was so bloody big and complex that it renewed some of my faith in Wotlk but Toc10/25 Squished that faith like a bullfrog under a semi!

/out
    Bitchslappin Raid bosses since April-2005

You know why you don't feel excited?
    Because this isn't your first experience raiding.
    The normal encounters have been toned down, this making them feel less interesting.

Deleted

Same for me. My goal is to kill LK on 25man at least once, maybe heroic as well, but after that I will stop (or at least way less) with raiding. I mean, I'd prefer getting my last achievements and making money then to kill a boss you've seen many times with gear that will be useless soon. I could raid for some other months, and I maybe kill a mob 0.2sec faster then in Cata. Yay?

15+ Year Old Account

My whole guild has been keeping their raid excitement actually. It might have something to do with how we're climbing up the ranks on the server (Our 25 man team fell apart during Ulduar, and we just got it back together after 3.3) one boss at a time. It's exciting, sure it's not a huge deal, or goal, but we're having a blast with it.

However, in BC my old guild had this issue. People not showing up to progression bosses because there was "No use", and people quiting till Wotlk =\

Quote Originally Posted by seam
    My whole guild has been keeping their raid excitement actually. It might have something to do with how we're climbing up the ranks on the server (Our 25 man team fell apart during Ulduar, and we just got it back together after 3.3) one boss at a time. It's exciting, sure it's not a huge deal, or goal, but we're having a blast with it.

However, in BC my old guild had this issue. People not showing up to progression bosses because there was "No use", and people quiting till Wotlk =\
    Great to hear that mate. on that matter, i do believe that some of the blame for me not feeling the "exitement" is that during Vanilla. we had MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20/AQ40/Naxx40. 6 raiding instances, with gear that was awesome through it all, The item level have fucked this up alot to be honest.
    We have ICC25/10 Togc10/25 (for us raiding high encounters)
    This is two instances which there is actually some useful gear to pick up.
    During Vanilla we could raid our living asses off and still not having the time to clear everything, and to be honest this made is alot of more fun, we had to choose.
    Now we got Togc25 and Icc10/25 for us thats above 251 Ilevel geared, i would compare a 251 geared player to a BWL/aq40 raider back in vanilla, difference is that during Vanilla while farming AQ40 there was still ALOT of useful gear both in MC and BWL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstout
    Great to hear that mate. on that matter, i do believe that some of the blame for me not feeling the "exitement" is that during Vanilla. we had MC/BWL/ZG/AQ20/AQ40/Naxx40. 6 raiding instances, with gear that was awesome through it all, The item level have fucked this up alot to be honest.
    We have ICC25/10 Togc10/25 (for us raiding high encounters)
    This is two instances which there is actually some useful gear to pick up.
    During Vanilla we could raid our living asses off and still not having the time to clear everything, and to be honest this made is alot of more fun, we had to choose.
    Now we got Togc25 and Icc10/25 for us thats above 251 Ilevel geared, i would compare a 251 geared player to a BWL/aq40 raider back in vanilla, difference is that during Vanilla while farming AQ40 there was still ALOT of useful gear both in MC and BWL.
    I agree, the itemization is completely fucked up now. 264 gear averages around 800 spell power, and 200 gear has around 400. If it keeps up, in Cata there will be 1000's of stat point differences between a couple different tiers of gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe its possible that OP is just burned out, I know I was early ICC and am currently taking a break. I might return in the coming weeks but for now im enjoying the peacefulness of RL
    "Warlocks do not play the game to have fun, they are merely there to make sure no one else has any." -Sun Tzu: The Art of Warlock

Yeah you got my point Oafusbladesedge
    The Difference in gear from Naxx25 to Uld25 to Toc25 to ICC25 Is Freaking insane..
    For a player who have raided ICC and Toc25 he cant find _ONE_ item in Ulduar that is even remotely useful except for E-peen looks (which isnt really much to brag of either since most gear in Wotlk looks like shit)
    This should be changed in Cataclysm. Remove Ilevel and Gearscore and let people actually LOOK at the items to decide whats better.

Quote Originally Posted by LonezWulf
    Maybe its possible that OP is just burned out, I know I was early ICC and am currently taking a break. I might return in the coming weeks but for now im enjoying the peacefulness of RL
    I think this may be part of it as well. Real life is pretty exciting right now. Snow disappearing, weather warming up, stuff becoming fun.

Yeah you got my point Oafusbladesedge
    The Difference in gear from Naxx25 to Uld25 to Toc25 to ICC25 Is Freaking insane..
    For a player who have raided ICC and Toc25 he cant find _ONE_ item in Ulduar that is even remotely useful except for E-peen looks (which isnt really much to brag of either since most gear in Wotlk looks like shit)
    This should be changed in Cataclysm. Remove Ilevel and Gearscore and let people actually LOOK at the items to decide whats better.
    Yes, with the exception of trinkets and some 239 gear, it's pretty clear that ToTC and ICC gear is all that matters. I'd love to see a blue item be BiS in Cata. Minds would explode. Or even better, a green item

15+ Year Old Account

The problem is, if the new content items aren't better than the old content items, it would be terribly disappointing. Yes, people expect to find a better <insert item here> in the next tier, otherwise there will be complaints of poor itemization and so on. If all of WotLK was the same ilvl, and you got some bracers in naxx that were the "correct" bracers for you, would that feel right? Or if they wouldn't drop, would you want to keep farming naxx until you get them?

Trinkets are the interesting exception, where there are some trinkets from previous tiers that still retain the top slots. But even if the BiS trinket for some class was in Uld, good luck getting your guild to go back for that. In that case, we're back to the old days, where you have to join a pug and hope you win a roll against random alts in greens.

No thanks, I prefer upgrades in each tier of content. There can be interesting gear choices even among several items at the same tier; for example, tier piece vs. crafted piece vs. drop.

The problem is, if the new content items aren't better than the old content items, it would be terribly disappointing. Yes, people expect to find a better <insert item here> in the next tier, otherwise there will be complaints of poor itemization and so on. If all of WotLK was the same ilvl, and you got some bracers in naxx that were the "correct" bracers for you, would that feel right? Or if they wouldn't drop, would you want to keep farming naxx until you get them?

Trinkets are the interesting exception, where there are some trinkets from previous tiers that still retain the top slots. But even if the BiS trinket for some class was in Uld, good luck getting your guild to go back for that. In that case, we're back to the old days, where you have to join a pug and hope you win a roll against random alts in greens.

No thanks, I prefer upgrades in each tier of content. There can be interesting gear choices even among several items at the same tier; for example, tier piece vs. crafted piece vs. drop.
    I like upgrading gear, but there is no reason for there to be 800 spell power on ICC gear and only 400 on Naxx gear. they could have done a little less scaling than they did. WOuld have been a lot better it if was as such

Naxx= 200/213
    Ulduar= 207/220 HM 213/226
    ToTC=214/227 HM 220/233
    ICC=221/234 HM 227/240

That would help on so many levels. It would make it to where older gear is still viable and yet new gear is still sought after.

EDIT: Would also help in that people would need to know their classes more than just saying "264 bracers are better than 245, hands down" with closer itemization people need to think, which isn't really a lot pf players strong point.