Trinket Decision (elemental)

I've been trying to decide what to do about my trinkets, this is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Deathanistic

I currently have abyssal Rune and was thinking about replacing it with the infinite lunar dust (from the frost badges) but I've been told and read different things in various places.

I was wondering what your opinions are on this and if anyone has any hard evidence or science that can help back it up, I just want to make sure I'm making the best decision.

Thanks!

Re: Trinket Decision (elemental)

I dont now how accurate rawr is whit trinkets but in rawr its not a upgrade

I wouldn't ever get the Lunar Dust from badges considering it's a resto item, save your badges for tier pieces and other mail items (Belt and Gloves perhaps).

Your best bet within the current raiding is to get a DFO, Reign, or that other trinket thing from 25 Sindragosa.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

I was thinking more along the lines as a "for the time being until a better upgrade drops"

174 constant spellpower, resto or not is pretty nice...

On the other hand, I'll be getting the belt shortly, other than that the other T10 pieces aren't better than what I've got so I'm just going to horde badges until 10.25 piece tokens drop for me, which may or may not happen.

If you are not concerned with wasting badges on a trinket that can be easily replaced then I dunno.

I don't have any math on hand, and 170+ SP is really nice over 84 haste, but IMO get the belt first, then save up to 2 tier pieces at once for the bonus, i'm still waiting for my own marks in 25.
    The future belongs not to those who wait...

About the Abyssal:
    Quoting The Binkenstein of EJ
    590*10/50 (adding 5 seconds to allow for time to get next proc after CD expires) = 118
    Haste = 84

Assuming Haste:SP is 1:1 then you get 202 from the Rune vs 200 from Dragon Soul. If you want to see what the break even ratio is, 82/84 = 0.976, so Haste:SP will need to be 0.976:1 or greater for Rune to be better.
    Ok - the above is comparing Dragon Soul with Abyssal

...so 202 SP from Abyssal vs 170 SP from the healer trinket... stick to the Abyssal