Thread: fury rotation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: fury rotation

Thanks for that hardstyle. So don't use heroic throw in place of an insta slam. Still useful when you're moving and not in melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyle Revolution
    It's lit up for 30 seconds. Throw it in as a filler when you don't have a 'Slam!' proc.

edit: Also, if I remember correctly, Heroic Throw resets your swing timer. I only use it during movement out of range of the boss.
    This man speaks the truth.

Additional information which people can learn from (In no particular order):

WW is important, try your best not to push this timer as it's your hardest hitting ability, especially with more than one mob around.

Fury warrior DPS rotation is:

( Blood Thirst - Whirlwind - Free Global - Blood Thirst ) Free Global - Free Global. (RESTART)

Meaning; Try to view your (BT - WW - BT) as your "rotation", and view the 3 free globals as your time to slam, execute, sunder or which ever task you have to do.

If you choose to slam when there is 0.5 secs left of your ww timer you will loose dps. (Some people try to fish for slam procs). Don't do it, never push whirlwind more than 0.5 seconds!

You can choose to slam when there is 1 second left of your bloodthirst, effectively pushing your ww cooldown with 0.5 second. It's a marginal dps boost, which (if you have slow reactions) might not always be worth it. As your mainhand weapon get's better, doing this yields better and better results if executed properly. (The first free global in the rotation described above).

Slam is better than execute at higher gear levels (mainhand weapon). Use execute sub 20% health, while maintaining your normal rotation but ONLY if slam isn't procced. Anything else is a dps loss, and will most likely run you out of rage (execute spam). Slam (when NOT instant) suspends your swing timer, it doesn't reset it!. Instant slam doesn't affect your swingtimer at all.

Save bloodrage for low rage scenarios, learn to think ahead: 40 rage left? HS queued? bloodthirst then ww coming off CD, then it's prolly a good time to get ready to use bloodrage!

You should (at high gear level) be able to maintain nearly 100% heroic strike usage. Not even I (see armory link for gear comparison) can maintain it 100% without external rage intake (like raid damage).

Heroic throw resets swing timer, don't use it, rather change stance to rend (with imp. rend) or just continue with a global to spare (renew sunders/demo shout/whatever). Save heroic throw for movement phases where you are out of reach for the boss/mob.

Shattering throw is good if there is a lot of physical dmg dealers. If all your physical dmg is from 2 warriors, who are arp capped, don't do it. Check your raid setup, combat rogues, marksman hunters, enhancement shamans, feral druids and others benefit quite a lot from it. Best used with heroism/cooldowns(burn phase).

Armory link:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...crest&cn=Affex

Keep in mind that even though fury might be better at higher gear levels, its booring as hell....

And arms is absolutely viable in PvE, even when you got quite good gear.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Biketobe
    Keep in mind that even though fury might be better at higher gear levels, its booring as hell....

And arms is absolutely viable in PvE, even when you got quite good gear.
    You can't possibly tell what other people finds boring or not, so don't state it as facts.

Played both and Fury is not more boring then arms by a long shot

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    You can't possibly tell what other people finds boring or not, so don't state it as facts.
    Exactly.

Can we keep the subject relevant, please?

Don't gem arp if your arp from gear is low. Blindly going for arp is a bad thing. Look at Landsoul's spreadsheet and you'll know when you can start gemming arp.

I you manage to find your way here through all the off topic posts.

Your rotation is:

WW > BT > Slam (When it procs). Use heroic strike between all ability's when you've 60+ rage. If it's thrash or a boss that requires AoE, replace Heroic Strike with Cleave
    [size=1]Cataclysm 10 man raiding guild looking for skilled players.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinforced

Your rotation is:

WW > BT > Slam (When it procs). Use heroic strike between all ability's when you've 60+ rage. If it's thrash or a boss that requires AoE, replace Heroic Strike with Cleave
    That's true, that should be the rotation, but i got my rotation from "Ensidia.com"

Quote Originally Posted by Reinforced

Your rotation is:

I believe it's WW > BT at lower gear levels, then changes to BT > WW, does it not? It seems I do better DPS when I BT > WW these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedalmael
    I believe it's WW > BT at lower gear levels, then changes to BT > WW, does it not? It seems I do better DPS when I BT > WW these days.
    You do BT double as often as WW, so even when BT surpasses WW in a total dmg done overview, it doesn't change the fact that one "missed" WW is a hella lot more potential dmg than one missed BT.

What I normally say to new fury warriors:

Fury is all about rage management and not about spam abilities.
    The rage is directly tied to your Gear quality.

So to find the best rotation for your gear level:

Start with very basic rotation...
    1) Make sure to have BT and WW on CD every time they are up.
    If you have excess rage using this rotation...
    2) Start using !Slam procs and try to not clip BT and WW. Unless your Proc is gonna fall , where you can clip them by 0.5sec max.
    If you still have excess rage after !slam procs...
    3) Queue in Heroic Strike.
    Heroics strikes should not leave you empty rage to queue any other abilities. That's were pratice and experience will guide you to when to use it. Sometimes you need to keep more rage to use BT + WW and other times you will have both on cd for the next 4secs depending on slam! procs. SO sometimes you need to keep over 60 Rage and other time you can queue your HS at less than 30 rage. That's where the diff is between a very good and a good fury warrior is.

4) Finally there are some tweaking to use stance dance / rend rotation. But it's a high chance to fuck up your rotation and shouldnt be used unless you are top notch.

Edit: I'm not 100% up to date about the "clip (for not more than 0.5sec) ww/bt with !slam if proc is gonna fall". It might have changed with top notch gear lvl or depending on Weapon Speed (slam damage depends on your Mh damage).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aphexious
    You do BT double as often as WW, so even when BT surpasses WW in a total dmg done overview, it doesn't change the fact that one "missed" WW is a hella lot more potential dmg than one missed BT.

Alright, I'm not actually 100% that this applies in this scenario but it sure used to when I was tanking and had the same argument, altho bigger numbers.

First off, we're not talking about missing the use of the ability alltogether. I assume we're talking about on the pull and whenever the rotation overlaps. We're talking about a 1.5second delay and the costs of that delay. And unless I've been sorely missinformed when I had this discussion regarding the tanking 'rotation' back in 3.0.8, the ability with the shorter cooldown suffers a bigger drop in overall damage than the one with the longer cooldown. The reasoning behind this are many, but my go-to reason is simple: Delaying an ability with a 4second CD is not as bad as delaying an ability with a 8second CD.

If that doesn't do it for you, there's also a rotation reason for it that I can't be arsed to recite.

Alright, I'm not actually 100% that this applies in this scenario but it sure used to when I was tanking and had the same argument, altho bigger numbers.

First off, we're not talking about missing the use of the ability alltogether. I assume we're talking about on the pull and whenever the rotation overlaps. We're talking about a 1.5second delay and the costs of that delay. And unless I've been sorely missinformed when I had this discussion regarding the tanking 'rotation' back in 3.0.8, the ability with the shorter cooldown suffers a bigger drop in overall damage than the one with the longer cooldown. The reasoning behind this are many, but my go-to reason is simple: Delaying an ability with a 4second CD is not as bad as delaying an ability with a 8second CD.

If that doesn't do it for you, there's also a rotation reason for it that I can't be arsed to recite.
    Well what im saying is that there is indeed a rotation. You should never have to make the concious decision whether or not to BT or WW as if your doing it correctly; they should never come off CD at the same time. The poster I quoted said that he was doing "a lot more dmg" with BT > WW as if it was a priority.

Well I say that if your stuck in a situation where you have to choose because you did "fuck up". delaying WW will be a bigger dps drop, since the damage potential is so much higher with WW than it is with BT.

I don't think he's talking about the pull though, since I always initiate with BT, and a few autoattacks to get my trinkets going +1 global , pop my deathwish, and then WW. I don't see this as a dps drop; rather a dps increase, but pull dps is so minor in the bigger scale of fights atm, that theoretical pull dps will influence your overall dps with what? eyeballed; 20-30 dps?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aphexious
    Well what im saying is that there is indeed a rotation. You should never have to make the concious decision whether or not to BT or WW as if your doing it correctly; they should never come off CD at the same time. The poster I quoted said that he was doing "a lot more dmg" with BT > WW as if it was a priority.

Well I say that if your stuck in a situation where you have to choose because you did "fuck up". delaying WW will be a bigger dps drop, since the damage potential is so much higher with WW than it is with BT.

I don't think he's talking about the pull though, since I always initiate with BT, and a few autoattacks to get my trinkets going +1 global , pop my deathwish, and then WW. I don't see this as a dps drop; rather a dps increase, but pull dps is so minor in the bigger scale of fights atm, that theoretical pull dps will influence your overall dps with what? eyeballed; 20-30 dps?
    It still costs more to delay BT than it costs to delay WW, obviously in the long run, and if both skills are off the cooldown at the same time (assuming one fucked up) you basicly have a rotation reset and then you gotta make the right choice.

It still costs more to delay BT than it costs to delay WW, obviously in the long run, and if both skills are off the cooldown at the same time (assuming one fucked up) you basicly have a rotation reset and then you gotta make the right choice.
    I get what you mean now, (didn't quite before, admittedly) however I guess that it really comes down to your rotation and options though, how can one recouperate.

I never really get into that situation, unless im purposefully pausing my rotation due to inc. mobs (making WW hit 4 mobs instead of 1) etc.

Guess as you say that you just gotta make the right choise.