Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Putricide US First Kill, 3.3.3 Changes, Blue posts

Heroic Professor Putricide US First Kill by Exodus
    A few hours ago, Exodus (US-Ysondre) took down Professor Putricide in heroic mode and became the first guild to reach the Lich King in heroic mode on US servers. Congratulations to them!

So far, only 5 guilds went that far in Icecrown Citadel :

Also, Paragon released a video of the fight against Putricide in Heroic Mode, check it out for more details!

HTML Code:
    <object width="640" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jv93ko3WeK8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jv93ko3WeK8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="405"></embed></object>

More PTR 3.3.3 Classes changes announced "soon"
    [blizzquote="Blizzard;http://www.facebook.com/Warcraft]Death knights, druids, hunters, mages, rogues, warlocks, warriors, oh my! For those participating in our public testing of the upcoming minor content patch 3.3.3, look out this week for a host of fascinating new adjustments to these classes. Chains of Ice innately does what? Nature's Grasp has how many charges? Vitalit...y boosts stamina by how much? Stay tuned to find out the answer to these and more questions![/blizzquote"]

Anniversary Interviews: Players' Perspective
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    In our continuing expansion of the World of Warcraft five-year anniversary site, we now bring to you an ongoing series of player interviews. We begin today with an intimate look at a unique role-play guild, Shadowclan, which has carved its own niche within the Warcraft universe. Read how World of Warcraft has shaped this guild's gameplay experience in different ways over the years on our anniversary page.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wowan...ary/interview/

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    3.3.3 World Event Bosses and Dungeon Finder
    Just to clarify some misconceptions about this new functionality, the summoning of holiday bosses is going away. Players can queue for these bosses via the Dungeon Finder or special holiday NPCs found in the world. Once the party is finalized, the group will be ported directly to the area where the holiday boss resides. Players can kill the holiday bosses as often as they want for standard loot (epic rings, trinkets, etc.), however, they will only drop one holiday-themed loot trove per player per day. These loot troves will have a chance of containing rare holiday items such as The Horseman's Reins.

Why? I have nothing more to add except to ask the question because there has to be some good reason for this. Otherwise it should just be dropped because it's unnecessary...
    The way players were grandfathering in alt characters, scamming others by not having a summon available, and continually soft-resetting dungeons -- creating a major load on instance capacity -- was never intended.

The change has some positive and some negative consequences, however, we feel it's the best way to make this a better system and more in-line with our original plans for World Event bosses. (Source)

Cataclysm Item Changes
    We're working on a large forum post to go step by step with how some of the existing gear will be changing.

Overall, we want everyone's damage, healing and tanking to stay about the same, but given that talent trees are changing at the same time as gear, it's going to take some adjustment. (Source)

Separating the new Plushies from the In-Game Pets (They are now available on the Blizzard Store by the way)
    There are no plans to separate the two at this time. It's funny because there were a number of complaints when the first two pets came out that felt it would make more sense if it came with something tangible.

As far as the quality of the physical pets, they are very well made and our previous ones (like the Lurky) got a lot of good reviews from people I talked to so they will be along those lines as well. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Intent of Immolate change
    The intent of the Immolate buff was to buff Destro. This is one of those situations where you can't just say that Immolate is used by Demo so it buffs Demo too. It does. But it buffs Destro a lot more because Destro gets so much more benefit from Fire spells.

If you think this is not the case, please provide us some evidence using math, simulations, target dummy parses or whatever. (Source)

Re: Putricide US First Kill, 3.3.3 Changes, Blue posts

Grats Exodus.

Grats on the kill.

And new class changes?

Grats to Exodus and also those class changes teases me I want to know what they are doing

Gratz Exodus !!

all these changes make me Confused.com ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Hellnas
    Those class changes teases me I want to know what they are doing
    Sammee

Major gratz also to Exodus

Vitality wat?

Gz Exodus!

Are ICC heroics just normal ICC with increases health? I haven't tried out the heroic versions, so I don't know, but it seems so. I kinda miss the Ulduar heroic modes where the heroic fight was very different to the normal one. Well, I don't know. Just seems really boring.

A congratulations seems to be in order, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Notch
    Are ICC heroics just normal ICC with increases health? I haven't tried out the heroic versions, so I don't know, but it seems so. I kinda miss the Ulduar heroic modes where the heroic fight was very different to the normal one. Well, I don't know. Just seems really boring.

Well, almost all fights look "boring" on those movies since they are perfectly or almost perfectly done But notice 3 maleable goo balls, 2 oozes at same time, unbound plague and plague sickness thingy... quite interesting for me.
    Sorry Mario, but princess is in another castle.

dam. only 5 guilds have reached putricide and none has killed heroic LK not even on 10 man. people cant complain anymore.
    "Remember, There's no such thing as a stupid question until you ask it"

Quote Originally Posted by Notch

every heroic boss gets more HP and deals more damange, but also some extra ability.

Marrowgar casts spikes during whirlwind.

Festergut gets assisted by putricide which throws mallable goo at your raid

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577
    dam. only 5 guilds have reached putricide and none has killed heroic LK not even on 10 man. people cant complain anymore.
    Heroic in 10 man?

Deleted

Here's hoping they will buff fire mages, I'm so sick of arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Separating the new Plushies from the In-Game Pets (They are now available on the Blizzard Store by the way)
    There are no plans to separate the two at this time. It's funny because there were a number of complaints when the first two pets came out that felt it would make more sense if it came with something tangible...(Source)
    Lol, Blizz VS QQers.

Blizz: We sell venity pets!
    QQers: QQQQQ RIP OF QQQQ CORPORATE BASTARDS QQQQ
    Blizz: We sell plushes!!! if you buy you get vanity pets!!!
    QQers: QQQQQ WE WANT TO BUY ONLY THE PETS QQQQQQ

*sigh*

Oh man blues are being such a tease with the next set of class changes. -.-

Also we Americans suck. Either that or Europeans have more hardcore raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by zoriux
    Heroic in 10 man?
    Since 3.2, "heroic" means hard mode as the word implies, not 25man, where the only increased difficulty consists of finding 15 more people that know their class. It was always a misleading nomenclature, and only used because they already had the normal and heroic difficulties, and needed something to distinguish between the 10man and 25man versions.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account

Druid changes!!

Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

5 guilds, and they're all horde.

Time to start an argument full of hate here !
    Gratz to exodus, nice to see another guild on the race.

and I'm very excited about class changes.
    but which class is missing? Paladins? Expect major QQ for not getting attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted

"Dear Blizzard,

If you didn't intend people to grandfather in masses of alts to try and kill holiday bosses over and over and over and over and over again, then raise the damn droprate of things like the Horseman's Reins. Specially if you consider that a lot of us have been trying to get this stupid thing for a few years in a row now, attacking the damn knight more than twenty times per day, and still not seeing them drop.
    This 'fun' solution will surely lower your server stress, but I suppose we'll all have to go gnash our teeth and shake fist at the RNG awarding the mounts and pets to the same person four nights in a row through a non-tradable holiday cache.

Thank you."

tldr version: QQ, yes. But it's a stupid solution.