Weapon question for Shadow

So I finally got my 4pc today, and have actually been starting to wonder whether or not I should go back to using Abracadaver. With my current gear, I'm at 654 haste and 2995 spellpower unbuffed. If I switch to my Abracadaver and ToC wand, I drop to 2860 spellpower but jump to 817 haste. My question is whether or not it would be worth it to lose that chunk of spellpower to gain all the haste now that I have 4pc T10? Thanks in advance. (Armory link if you need it: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rmrage&n=Bleak)

Re: Weapon question for Shadow

Simcraft/rawr would give better results than asking players' opinions.

First off rawr is shit for Sp so dont go looking there ,also to the op your haste will rise with upgrades but as you sit now i would go back to a build with imp mind blast since you wont see that much of a dps increase with the MF build till your haste is 1k or over and your spell power is over 3k unbuffed but thats only my 2cents

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys

Actually, don't.

Shadowpriest.com is overated, abandoned, and plastered with gold selling ads.

Elitist Jerks is more reliable.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account

Shadowpriest.com is fine. They have the current math from many simcraft tests and the majority of people who contribute (at least to the math//number crunching sections) to EJ also contribute to sp.com.
    Also, a useful addon that may help your decisions is ShadowPriestPsuedoPower. It merely uses the SPPP math and gives a set number to each piece of gear. So, if your staff is perhaps given a score of 830 but your main hand is 750 and your off hand is 130 you would go with the MH/OH combo which gives you 880.

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

SP.com is fine and updated pretty quickly, use what you like though.

use firefox and adblock plus = no gold selling ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow

Actually, don't.

Too bad that every class BUT the Rogue one, has a shitty ass post for it. All they do is talk about number crunching and formulas. People go there to understand the class, not the math behind it. Too bad all they get is a wall of math. Apparently everyone other than the Rogues have their head up their ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow

Actually, don't.

For spriest, shadowpriest.com IS better than EJ. Some to most of the math comes from shadowpriest.com(if you don't believe me, look at some of the thinks given).

"With my current gear, I'm at 654 haste and 2995 spellpower unbuffed."
    Sound like a little unbalance in SP/haste for me, "2860 spellpower but jump to 817 haste" sound alot better :P

Disregard what "looks" better. The real question is what would you be wearing in order to not use that weapon being that it is keeping you above hit cap. TBH look for a better weapon, get your hit else where. SP>haste just about almost all the time. Go to shadowpriest.com and look at the BRGA thread and see what would be better for you. It is not a great weapon at all, there are other items that have hit without so much of a PP loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenityx
    Disregard what "looks" better. The real question is what would you be wearing in order to not use that weapon being that it is keeping you above hit cap. TBH look for a better weapon, get your hit else where. SP>haste just about almost all the time. Go to shadowpriest.com and look at the BRGA thread and see what would be better for you. It is not a great weapon at all, there are other items that have hit without so much of a PP loss.
    I can agree with the hit part but a huge wtf on the sp haste thingy?
    So, what you are saying is that it's better for him to aim for 3500sp/600 haste than 3200sp/900 haste? just no, no, no
    (numbers taken from nowere)

Quote Originally Posted by eErike
    I can agree with the hit part but a huge wtf on the sp haste thingy?
    So, what you are saying is that it's better for him to aim for 3500sp/600 haste than 3200sp/900 haste? just no, no, no
    (numbers taken from nowere)
    actually yes, 300 spell power gives more overall dps gain than 300 haste, so in your example 3600sp/600haste overall would be higher dps. Although no one should be focusing on specific spell power, haste, or crit numbers, you should just be getting the gear piece that gives you the biggest DPS upgrade while still being hit capped.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys
    actually yes, 300 spell power gives more overall dps gain than 300 haste, so in your example 3600sp/600haste overall would be higher dps. Although no one should be focusing on specific spell power, haste, or crit numbers, you should just be getting the gear piece that gives you the biggest DPS upgrade while still being hit capped.
    The biggest dps is allways to have balance in your gear, did you know PP was done out from special stats? the pp for haste (0,98 something) isn't right is you have so uneven numbers...

I have had as low as 19% crit and now i have 32% crit unbuffed and everytime i run simulationcraft through out all my upgrades though the value of crit was higher before it never was higher than haste or SP. Same for haste i had as low as 500 and as high as 999 and it never was worth more than SP or lower than crit. SP has always been worth more than both. Balanced stats does nothing but make you feel better. What ever stats gives you the most overall PP value is what you should take.

It's like people say spirit is bad is has so low value, true but if you gave me two items and one had 100 spirit and 0 SP and the other item had 50 sp and 0 spirit currently in my gear with my spirit value the item with 100 spirit would be better. (granted no items exists where i could do this, purely for sake of the argument).

There is no minimum amount of Crit,haste, or SP you should get to. As well there is no obtainable amount of SP, Haste, or crit that could be too much (maybe on the haste thing over like 1300 but i think even that is arguable) You shouldn't try to stack or not stack a particular stat just get what ever is a bigger upgrade based on your current stat values which is based on your current gear.

If your computer can't handle running simulationcraft, you don't quite trust Rawr, and can't get a friend or someone on the forums to help run a sim for you than it is usually a safe bet to go to shadowpriest.com look at their BRGA thread and upgrade according to that. Though the values for your particular character in your current gear may not be exact they will rarely be so skewed that you will pick up the wrong upgrade by following that list.

Now if you want to talk about at what % of haste does your spell casting feel more comfortable then that's a matter of opinion that has no bearing on DPS value. If you gear yourself with the best from heroics/badges and go from there your stats shouldn't be that screwed up anyways.