Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Rules for Duels?

Quote Originally Posted by ishammael_of_elune
    Truly, a great intellect here.
    Such a superior intellect not within your grasp of comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Creutzfeldt
    The only rule for duels is don't run away too far or you will lose.
    ^^this. Unless something is stated and agreed upon before said match then there are no rules. I'll use everything at my disposal on my rogue and everything except LoH and Bubble on my pally. And the only reason I don't use them is to show I don't have to.

People who complain about abilities used in duels should stop pvping altogether. It doesn't prove anyhing besides the lack of unbalance between 1v1s, which blizz will not and should not fix.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

Quote Originally Posted by megalødon
    Nothing over 3 minutes. Most people use shield wall/iceblock etc like fags anyway because they want to win.
    AND ALL THIS TIME IVE BEEN USING A TRINKET WITH A 5MIN CD?

I should be ashamed of myself.

EDIT: if someone of the opposite faction came running up to you and you knew they were there to gank would you blow all your CDs? LoH? AotD? Bubble? Etc? I think you would. It's 1v1. Create your own balance to the unbalance.

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

If I'm having a proper duel with someone, I fully expect them to pop such cooldowns as Ice Block and bubble. I think it's more useful to look at the importance of a cooldown to that particular class than the length of the cooldown - Ice Block and bubble are core parts of the classes so I see no issue here. Furthermore, since they are such core abilities it is more beneficial to me as the dueler to get some practice in adapting to countering these cooldowns. Non-core abilities such as Army of the Dead and Shaman's elementals probably do not have their place in a fair duel.

The only cooldowns that have a question mark over them are Preparation and Cold Snap, both having 8 minute cooldowns. These are examples of cooldowns that can heavily favour the user in a duel so it is probably best to keep it as fair a fight as possible. Then again, Readiness from the Hunter's MM tree has the same effect on a 3 minute cooldown. I guess that's one to mull over...

Finally, I am adamant that cooldowns should be reset upon starting a duel and then put back to how they were before the duel after it has ended. Y'know, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    I hardly pop anything in duels unless I'm dueling someone who is actually worth my CDs.

Just saying I could probs zerg down anyone w/o berserk/trinket/SI etc
    be aware.. this guy can pwn you by autoattacks!!
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna
    No potions, self buffs' no cd's over 5 min
    So does that mean no totems or poisons?

I'd say using all your abilities is fair,

However using things like healing pots and even bandages to a lesser extend shouldn't be used

If its a class ability it's fine, using items not really.

Quote Originally Posted by HearldTheTerrible
    So does that mean no totems or poisons?
    that was suppose to be: no potion. self buffs but no cd's over 5 min. If you totem has a cd over 5 min then yes no totems (put that fire elem away), poisons have no cd

1) Don't get bent out of shape.
    2) Have fun.

Actually, these rules pretty much apply to all video games. If either rule is violated, put the game down.

I was under the impression that blizzard implemented skills that should not be used?

Quote Originally Posted by Dace
    be aware.. this guy can pwn you by autoattacks!!
    lol I've killed rogues on my prot pally with just holy shield, reckoning proc (melée swings), and ret aura. It's close to only auto-attacks! Lol

10+ Year Old Account

You always get the people that take 1 vs 1 duels too seriously and decide to flame you if you use any cooldowns such as Army of the Undead, Heroism/Bloodlust, etc.
    Personally, I think that if you want to duel with someone, you should be ready for them to use everything they have, but like I said before, you always have those people that take it too seriously.

Although you can argue that some people take dueling too seriously, others take great enjoyment in dueling, and there is generally a set etiquette for it. Generally, you don't want to use potions or long cooldowns. Long cooldowns being LoH, 20 min elementals, Bloodlust/Heroism, Cold Snap, Army of Undead, etc. However, feel free to use long cooldowns: Just know everyone watching you duel will think you're a complete idiot, especially if you lose.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

i just say 2 rules.

1 - dont ask me to duel when im level 10 or below .. not interested on feeding the epeen on - zomg i one shoted her when im level 75
    2 - dont ask me to duel when im busy questing , for me leveling > than duel since i have limited time.

ps : i dont have anything against people who enjoy duels but im not one of them .. i ask for a bit of respect and ask people not to follow me 30 mins spamming duel challenge . :-\

It's been pretty agreed upon on the servers I've played on, you "generally" don't blow nonarena CDs. And that if you're a mage, don't spam spellsteal like a huge faggot.

Quote Originally Posted by megalødon

Hey guess what that's my warrior. Use shield wall in duels moar baddie.
    Sorry, didn't know your shaman had shield wall :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne