Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which end boss to go to?

Ok my guild is behind a little. Once we ported in to the upper spire and ran into a beast named Festergut we realized we were in trouble. Our dps wasn't CLOSE to good enough so we farmed wing 1 and a little ToC (we didn't even have the dps for 25-HM beasts), recruited a few heavy hitters, and made people improve.

So, fast forward to now. Last week we got Festergut, Rotface, and Blood Council downed. We haven't put in more than 6-7 attempts on Dreamwalker but I am fairly confident we will get her this week.

I have not really thought about which end boss we would work on first because honestly I didn't think we would go from 4/12 to 7/12 in a week.

A little run down on the guild. We are good with spatial awareness and don't have much trouble with people standing in stuff. We do have a few people whose dps plummets when they have to move or change targets a lot (Dreamwalker adds are going to be a problem more than the healing). Healing is NEVER a problem and our tanks are good after an attempt or two.

I assume the answer is Putricide but just don't know. Honestly I would have thought we would be best to hit Sindragosa due to the mechanics of the fight but so many people are saying that fight is the hardest one besides LK.

TLDR;
    For a guild that is 7/12 soon to be 8/12 which wing end boss should we focus on first?
    What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Which end boss to go to?

blood queen just hast a strickt enrage timer, but is rly easy. sindrigosa is madness, putricide is pretty hard i believe, tacticwise and tankdamagewise.

BQL is the easiest of the three. Then it would be Sindragosa with Professor being the hardest of the three.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

If you just beat Festergut's enrage by a hair you won't have the dps for blood queen. Putricide is more tactically difficult but isn't as much of a race until 35% (though switching and killing slimes fast is key to success). If your dps is able to kill fester closer to the 4 min mark rather than 5 I'd go for blood queen. If you're just squeaking by for fester and get dangerously close to the enrage, I'd reccomend start learning and perfecting he putricide fight, it may take you a couple weeks to learn, and on your first kill youll really need to be perfect or very close in order to succeed in killing PP

Deleted

Blood Queen Lanathel is more of a numbers fight for both healers and dps. Putricide is more of an execution fight, but does still require a certain amount of dps for phase3. Your guild mileage may vary on which you find easier. I think Sindragosa is harder than both though, so the others are better options.

If you are having problem meeting the Festergut enrage timer with nothing going wrong in the attempt, you are probably going to have problems with both of them, but Putricide might be the better option.

Short version: Blood Queen requires more dps, but is the easier of the two fights if you do have the dps.

Difficulty Mechanic-wise:
    BQL
    Prof
    Sindragosa (p3 sucks)

However, BQL has an extremely tight enrage timer. If you struggled with Festergut, you'll need some time before you can really worry about having the dps to get her down. I would focus on Professor first. It's the best designed encounter in the instance (IMO) and its a good milestone and shows that you have capable raiders.

Deleted

if you had a hard time downing fastergut due to lag of dps and got ppl with brain go for professor. he is not about dps at all same shit with sindragosa but i supose that not all your raiders have tried her on 10man yet and would be waste to go on a boss just to see ppl need exp. 25man BQL is only about dps nothing hard in that fight really so if you have the dps go for her.

anyway gl

Thanks for all the responses. I think we will work on Putricide first (Friday)

We have downed Festergut twice now and will do him again on Friday. The first time we had I think 4 seconds left. The 2nd time we had about 20 seconds left. We shall see this week but I would expect at least 30 seconds left on the timer assuming no one dies.

I like our chances better on fights where you have to have awareness more than pure numbers. For instance, we were able to do Deathwhisper for several weeks before she was nerfed but couldn't do Festergut until two weeks ago.

I think we still have a little ways to go before I can safely say we have the numbers for BQL. We still have a lot of 245 gear and some still below that but we are slowly getting people their 2 and 4pc T10 each week and we are starting to see these fights end faster and faster so it won't be much longer. There is nothing more demoralizing than to have everyone live and execute and come up 10% short on the enrage (or in our case 20% the first time we hit 5 mintues on Festergut, man we were in rough shape then). I'd rather wipe to Putricide because people can't figure out the mechanics than to BQL because our dps isn't high enough right now. They will both go down in time.

What do you think about the season 7 shaman set?
    It looks like what would happen if one of those big rock giants from Outlands mated with Spiderman.

-monkeysnarf

Putricide has a lot of target switching and nuking and movement, it is just as taxing on dpsers as BQL is, if not moreso. Phase 3 is a strict dps race.

And Sindragosa is harder than Put and BQL put together. Remember to bring some frost resist gear for your tanks and melee on Sindragosa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    Remember to bring some frost resist gear for your tanks and melee on Sindragosa.
    I severely hope you're joking. Don't even consider doing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

Ok, I'll amend that. For your rogues and enhancement shamans and POSSIBLY fury warriors. Most likely duel wield DKs if you have any. For slow single wielding two handers it's not as important.

But yes, for rogues, make DAMN sure they have frost resist gear. And that is not joking, at all. Why would I be? Do you understand the encounter mechanics?

Ok, I'll amend that. For your rogues and enhancement shamans and POSSIBLY fury warriors. Most likely duel wield DKs if you have any. For slow single wielding two handers it's not as important.

But yes, for rogues, make DAMN sure they have frost resist gear. And that is not joking, at all. Why would I be? Do you understand the encounter mechanics?
    If you need frost resistance then your healers are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion
    If you need frost resistance then your healers are bad.
    Stop trolling. Why would it have anything to do with healers? It's about weapon attack speed. Rogues have very fast attack speeds and either should not be on the boss at all during phase 3 or should have frost resist gear on. No middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickola
    My love for people died, so I think he meant it seriously, though I pray that it is a joke.
    I didn't make up the strategy, I took it from tankspot and we went from struggling with the fight to wtfpwning it immediately. And tankspot encouraged EVERYONE in the raid to wear frost resist. I thought that was overkill so I amended it to our melee (enhance shaman and rogue) and tanks and we dominated the fight. So clearly, it works. And it works insanely well for a very cheap, nobrainer strategy.

Man, you guys troll too much. I give some honest advice that I got from the largest tank community on the net and this is the response I get? Fail. Learn encounter mechanics before you try and insult someone that is clearly beyond your mental level.

Stop trolling. Why would it have anything to do with healers? It's about weapon attack speed. Rogues have very fast attack speeds and either should not be on the boss at all during phase 3 or should have frost resist gear on. No middle ground.
    1. Wear normal gear
    2. CloS at 6-7 stack of chilled to the bone in p3 OR stop attacking for a few seconds if 4+ stacks
    3. ??????
    4. Profit

Sindragosa dies and rog survives, assuming not being ignored in a block.
    From a rogue with both 10 and 25-man Sindragosa dead.
    Also you're not likely to even get high stacks if you reset your p3 debuff with every second block.

K.

Yes, you can wear frost resist, but if you are a progressing guild, aka you have farmed TGC10/25 etc long before ICC came out you will know how to deal with "issues" such as the debuff.

@OP: If you cant down Prof/BQL/Cindy - dont bother wasting your time(that is if you really have bad tries and no view of progressing) - go do some TGC, clear at least 4/5(I hear many realms even PUG 4/5 TGC25 so it shouldnt be a problem - Prof/BQL/cindy - all 3 of them are demanding - you cant just go there with ilevel 232 tier9.232 or less and expect to do good - although BQL may seem the easiest fight - it is DEMANDING on both the TANKs and mainly on the dps, not only doing dps, but also not messing up the Bites.

You dont know how to play this game, we have 3 rogues in our raid who know what they are doing maybe thats the problem in your guild maybe time to recruit or something. BAD BAD BAD dont give advice if you dont know what you are talking about.

I'm thinking about what to recommend, as i myself found all three fights not too hard. I'm a healer and from a healer's p.o.v. Sindragosa is the most annoying fight. That is ofcourse if your healers are capable and don't fail at healing the AoE damage from BQL.

I'd do it like this:

BQL -> Sindragosa -> Putricide

All three encounters are properly tuned. BQL is easily healable and the only hard parts are managing the bites and making the strict enrage timer. I'd say Putricide is easier than Sindragosa, but, a lot harder to manage because the fight itself is a lot more complex. If you have slackers in the raid who don't pay attention you will most likely not make it.

Either way, test your luck on BQL and use it as a benchmark. If you find everything is going well (healing and bite management), but you can't beat the enrage timer then don't even try Sindragosa or Putricide. If this is the case, clear non-tier bosses each week and put your focus on ToGC25 (just do 4/5 Anub will most likely take too much time and will not be worth it) and ICC10 for the time being.

Oh and to the paladin suggesting frost resistance gear for Sindragosa; NO NO NO NO NO..just...NO. The melee simply stops swinging every once in a while (and assign a shaman to the melee and you're good). The fight doesn't become a dps race untill phase 3 anyways. And to the OP; your first Sindragosa kill will be very sloppy, i can promise you that :P.