80 Raid Planning / Cata Planning

Sup guys, I just wanted to poll your opinion on something here.

This is a toon I hope to have 80 within a month or so, and I'll probably make it my main for Cataclysm as I gravitate away from my fail Horde server onto Korgath as Ally. I've mained a Tree/Chicken, Hunter, and DK Tank throughout WotLK grabbing somewhat respectable achievements and enjoying some server firsts along the way. I love being able to enjoy content from all three aspects of the game.

Anyway, I love my Priest thus far. By far the best class in the game imo and I wish I made one sooner. My plan is to main spec Disco, and off spec Shadow. I've read different threads here and on EJ, and honestly I'd like to ask it personally from you endgamers. Is it horribly difficult to gear for these specs? I all but refuse to go Holy. Nothing about Holy interests me, and as far as it's raid healing role...I'd much rather play my Druid anyway. That being said, both Disco and Shadow are pro. Gearing as Chicken spec with my Tree isn't too difficult. I'm not as high on Crit as I'd like to be, and it took a minute to grab enough hit gear. I'm assuming Priest is the same. I don't care to be a pro Shadow Priest as much as I am a pro Disco Priest.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: 80 Raid Planning / Cata Planning

Besides hit, disc pretty much wants the same equipment that shadow wants.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Nice.

It seemed there was a lot of conflicting opinions regarding Haste/Crit/Spirit, and that was also dependant on your Disc rotation. Just a headache actually. I'm sure it would be easier if this toon was currently 80.

Thanks.

Gearing in the end game for a disc priest is pretty simple, really - if it's cloth and doesn't have hit on it, it's fair game to roll on. If you're in a position to be a little more picky and you want to never go Holy, shoot especially for the pieces that don't have +spirit, as while that isn't exactly horrible (in fact you're going to end up with some +spirit no matter how hard you try not to,) it's not ideal. Of course, this may change by Cata...