Poll: How will you be glyphing in 3.3.3

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Glyph of Flame Shock changes.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Shaman (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Glyphs
    • Glyph of Flame Shock - Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Flame Shock periodic damage by 60%.
    Ok so the patch is not close yet and this is obviously subject to change but as it stands it looks like a fairly reasonable change to the glyph. With haste now effecting FS though an increased duration could have been nice as a glyph instead.

Does the 60% bonus damage to crits outweigh the 10% additional sp granted to Lava Burst or is the 30 seconds off EM the way to go?

Re: Glyph of Flame Shock changes.

I think i'll go with the new flameshock glyph, seeing as many fights limits our movement, and thus making flameshock one of the better spells in the arsenal.

With haste affecting it, aswell as 60% increased DoT dmg (on top of what the elemental specc already gives), I think my flame shocks may be critting up towards 2.5k. With haste effects included, that's a whole lot of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    It will be the first ground mount to carry more than 2 players. It will require at least one other worgen player to operate and can carry up to 2 non-worgen players.

I think it will be called [Harness]
    - On Worgen Mounts

Remember that the 60% damage is only on the DoT crits... not the entire DoT damage component, as awesome as that would be, it would be seriously OP.

But yeah, I am running with 60% crit roughly when raid buffed, I guess my DoT crits are currently around 1.5-2k (average... apparently my max crit from one tick was 2.7k o.O) so that would work out at an average of 2.2-3k average maxxing out at around 4k... if my logs are right.

LvB though can also have a pretty huge range going from 13-18k depending on trinket procs...

The 30 secs of EM is a tough one to calculate also as more haste = more dots = more damage

Im so torn at the moment and am waiting for someone else to do the math

While i could care less about the Ele perspective :P

This Glyph is set to place the Spec'd Crit bonus of FS at 266% for Enhance, which seems like it could be significant with the haste effects.
    The only thing i know is that i know nothing

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Feiht
    While i could care less about the Ele perspective :P

This Glyph is set to place the Spec'd Crit bonus of FS at 266% for Enhance, which seems like it could be significant with the haste effects.
    That's what I'm thinkin.

with the new changes to flameshock the glyph should be worth around 200-230 dps.
    But some theoriecrafter will tell us something more precise...^^

Its good that there's a new great glyph.. but i hoped that i could go for glyph of fire elemental, so I can use it every try...
    but whatever..^^

I'm tempted to go Glyph of Lava simply because it's static, and not every tick of FS will crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

15+ Year Old Account

Don't think we've had a patch yet this expansion in which Enhance didn't have to rearrange Glyphs, spells, priorities.. Can't complain though! I hit like a truck!

This is going to be very interesting once all the info is settled.

nvm i was lookin at the wrong thing on my meter

Im not sure if grandpab is enh or ele, but I looked through my WoL log after my guilds raid tonight, and unbuffed I have 3.1k sp. Throw in all the raid buffs, and my average dot crits last night were right above 2k for every boss fight and overall including trash.

I did a little math
    I have
    3.1k sp
    30% crit
    taking the 60% flame shock glyph means I would add 1200 dmg to each of my flame shock crits.

I took that 1200 and multiplied that by how many FS dot crits I had giving me the extra dmg I would have gotten, I divided that by my total dmg done and I got roughly 2.2% dmg out of total every single boss fight and overall including trash.

Because I have no clue what coefficients are for LvB and quite frankly I'm too tired to really look at it, im assuming the Lava glyph with the 10% sp would translate to 370 sp in a typical raid. I assumed that would add about 1k on average to every lava burst. If i multiply the 1k by how many Lvb I cast, every single fight I came up short of what dmg I would have gained from FS glyph.

So to put it short, from my look at my own raid, I would most likely pick FS glyph over Lava glyph for a slight bit more dmg

EDIT: Also, FS glyph is more likely to scale more with gear than Lava Burst would:P thought I would throw that in for anyone who might say things about different gear lvls.

I chose to vote other, because I use Lighting Bolt, Flameshock and Lava glyphs as it will prove to be the highest DPS combo. Yes ToW will give you 84 SP, but is 84 SP better than 60% increased FS Crit damage, or 10% increased SP benefit to LvB?

In the short answer, No. In the long answer, Lava and Flameshock's combos out weigh using ToW's 84 SP when compared and calculated.

At my current stats, my Flameshock generally crits for around 2k. Calculating just the 60% increased crit damage, it increases the crits by 1200 damage, putting them at 4.2k

For Lava, i multiplied my raid buffed(unproc'd trinkets or rings) SP, it being around 3500 by10% and got 350. So rougly, my LvB hits for 350 more spellpower with that glyph.

Now IMO, those 2 outweigh a flat 84 SP buff. Anyone else agree?
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    I'm tempted to go Glyph of Lava simply because it's static, and not every tick of FS will crit.
    I believe you dont understand what glyph of lava is. 10% of your spellpower isn't static, its scaling. Ill post the exact tooltip for you so you can see.

Glyph of Lava
    Major Glyph
    Classes: Shaman
    Requires Level 66
    Item Level 71
    Use: Your Lava Burst spell gains an additional 10% of your spellpower.

ATM, depending on your spellpower, Glyph of Lava, Lightning Bolt, and FS should be the 3 glyphs you should be using.

if you are under 3k SP, then ToW would be better(that includes the weapon buff).

Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab
    my average dot crit was 3.8k in last nights raid, , with the new glyph thats about an extra 2.3k, so 6k flame shock crits, and u have 300 more sp than me
    Am I mistaken or are you guys calculating your extra from 60% of the crit? If so, that's not how it'll work. It'll be an additional 60% bonus dmg to it's crit. I don't know the exact numbers, but let's say 1k is your regular hit, and you crit 200% for 2k. That extra 60% would make an avg of 2.6k rather than 3.2k which the math you seem to be using suggests.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just a tad confused by the math of 3.8k becoming 6k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Chose LB, ToW, Flameshock

my stats as raid buffed
    3705 SP (when stars align with Frostforged Sage, Dying Curse, DFO its 5825 SP)
    1300 haste
    50% crit

I usually do 2.4k-2.8k flameshock tick crits, given that i time the flameshock with my SP procs, 've went up as 3k crit. Can't really wait for this glyph to go into effect nice dps gain on mobility fights. Other way i'd wait for the theorycrafting to find more concrete facts.

New glyph is a huge difference especially when flame shock benefits from haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    New glyph is a huge difference especially when flame shock benefits from haste.
    hehe i wanted to say that too
    and i dont know how about you but with new ICC gear i lost some haste but now i have a lot more crit

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii
    Am I mistaken or are you guys calculating your extra from 60% of the crit? If so, that's not how it'll work. It'll be an additional 60% bonus dmg to it's crit. I don't know the exact numbers, but let's say 1k is your regular hit, and you crit 200% for 2k. That extra 60% would make an avg of 2.6k rather than 3.2k which the math you seem to be using suggests.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just a tad confused by the math of 3.8k becoming 6k.
    You are correct. In the previous example
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    But yeah, I am running with 60% crit roughly when raid buffed, I guess my DoT crits are currently around 1.5-2k (average... apparently my max crit from one tick was 2.7k o.O) so that would work out at an average of 2.2-3k average maxxing out at around 4k... if my logs are right.
    If you are doing 1.5k-2k crit at present that's 206% of your base damage so your base damage is 728 to 971. Therefore the glyph adds 60% of that base which is 437 to 583 damage. So your crits from 1.5k to 2k would go up to 1.9k to 2.6k (roughly). ie: a whole lot less than 2.2k-3k. Your max at 2.7k is base damage of 1311 so 60% of that is 786 so your max goes up to 3.5k NOT 4k.

as an elemental shammy i am having mixed feelings about this glyph but a the same time i wanna test it on a spead sheet. i see this being potentially benifial as well as being potentially a huge dps loss. as for enchancement shammy. quite frankly i dont care about you 1 bit blizzard seems to care more about you then ele shammy as for all of an elementals main atks can be accessed though any tree and ur atks not only were buffed but you have ur own unique atks. if this glyph fails i will be changing it for the lava burst glyph if it doesnt i will keep it.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar
    I chose to vote other, because I use Lighting Bolt, Flameshock and Lava glyphs as it will prove to be the highest DPS combo. Yes ToW will give you 84 SP, but is 84 SP better than 60% increased FS Crit damage, or 10% increased SP benefit to LvB?

In the short answer, No. In the long answer, Lava and Flameshock's combos out weigh using ToW's 84 SP when compared and calculated.

At my current stats, my Flameshock generally crits for around 2k. Calculating just the 60% increased crit damage, it increases the crits by 1200 damage, putting them at 4.2k

For Lava, i multiplied my raid buffed(unproc'd trinkets or rings) SP, it being around 3500 by 10% and got 350. So rougly, my LvB hits for 350 more spellpower with that glyph.

Now IMO, those 2 outweigh a flat 84 SP buff. Anyone else agree?
    I've been under the impression that ToW out-weighs Lava until you reach ridiculous (see Demo Locks) amounts of spell power (~5000 buffed).
    Think about it, 84 spell power extra on every cast you make:
    Lb: which accounts for the majority of our damage (even more so at high haste levels)
    LvB: will take a hit, not going to pretend it won't
    Flame Shock: Buffing this with 84 spell power on top of the new glyph mechanics = much more powerful DoT than we're used to

TL;DR
    So you need a 10% increase to LvB damage to outweigh 84 more SP on your main nuke and main DoT---> going to need a ton of SP

Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar
    I believe you dont understand what glyph of lava is. 10% of your spellpower isn't static, its scaling. Ill post the exact tooltip for you so you can see.

Glyph of Lava
    Major Glyph
    Classes: Shaman
    Requires Level 66
    Item Level 71
    Use: Your Lava Burst spell gains an additional 10% of your spellpower.

ATM, depending on your spellpower, Glyph of Lava, Lightning Bolt, and FS should be the 3 glyphs you should be using.

if you are under 3k SP, then ToW would be better(that includes the weapon buff).

When I said Static I meant that the 10% SP will ALWAYS be active, not that the amount of SP you gain will be. But from what I've seen of testing and whatnot I think I might have to change my choice from Lava to FS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???