Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: paladins, what do you love about your class?

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka
    You say your not op when my fully pvp geared warrior(900+ res, 34k hp) gets 2 shotted by a pve geared paladin in pvp and the paladin doesnt even have other zerker buffs cept wings....
    And the funny thing was, i didnt do more than 20% damage to him becuz of sacred 'op' shield and i was dead before i hit more...you know, paladins do holy dmg which is spell dmg which is very much op against plate and even casters...there are no resistances for holy and armor doesnt work against spells.

in pvp it should be otherway around, pvp gear > pve.
    You are terrible.

Really? A PvE geared paladin WITH WINGS managed to burst you down? Oh my lord! ALERT THE BLUES!

Btw, that sacred shield absorbs 500 +75%*SP, a well geared PvE paladin won't have much above 1.5k sp. So that's a shield for a whopping 1,625 damage. Wow!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka
    You say your not op when my fully pvp geared warrior(900+ res, 34k hp) gets 2 shotted by a pve geared paladin in pvp and the paladin doesnt even have other zerker buffs cept wings....
    And the funny thing was, i didnt do more than 20% damage to him becuz of sacred 'op' shield and i was dead before i hit more...you know, paladins do holy dmg which is spell dmg which is very much op against plate and even casters...there are no resistances for holy and armor doesnt work against spells.

in pvp it should be otherway around, pvp gear > pve.
    I'm not a Paladin, so sorry for intruding on your thread Light-huggers, but this is just gross hyperbole.

I could just ask for proof that you're not some T9/Furious superstar who trinkets Repentance, but I'll take it easy on you. I'd like to know which were the 2 spells he used to go through 34k hp while doing around 20% less damage due to resilience.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedativ
    how stupidly easy tanking is
    This is what I hate about Paladins, unfortunately. Not that they're easy, that people who just spam 969 and think they're tanks.

What do I love about Paladins? Partly the lore, partly
    for having an interesting class.

Some of the things I do on a regular basis:
    • Hand of Salvation people who are getting high on threat (on fights with threat reduction on tanks or high DPS increase)
    • Hand of Freedom when snared, especially when kiting.
    • Hand of Sacrifice while off-tanking.
    • Hand of Protection my other tank to remove stacks.
    • Keep Sacred Shield on myself so that Holy Paladins can put theirs on other targets that will take damage.
    • Divine Guardian macro for free 20% raid damage deduction.
    • Cleanse myself when healers have more important matters to attend to (keeping us alive).
    • Pop CDs and Trinkets when healers are having trouble or in preparation for a hard hit.

And, of course, organize the raid all along.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I just love the ability to do anything. If i wanna heal, i can, if i want to tank, i can. DPS, i can.... hell even if your dumb enough to try casting exorcism, judgement, and anything else, you could attemp being a caster. It wouldnt work, but why they hell not.

My main is a warrior and i am proud of it.

Tho i rolled a paladin planning to heal with it in BG`s. Tho i never managed to get into the classes certain aspects, it lacks in melee, its simply not as dynamic as a dk can be and it has absolutly no melee combatant feel to it at all. Its neigh invincible, can slaughter hordes of things and come out without a scratch. Its to clean, clear cut and feels to powerfull.

As a tank...well...idk only did a bit of that never really liked its mechanics, was boring.

Healing feels like every other healing class, but unlike the preemptive druid or disc healing you are more reactive to whats happening.

Tho the utility part can be massive fun if used right. So what i like in it is the support that i brings. The fact that you can help out 4 other people in the same time. The feeling of you are there to keep things togheter, moving and alive.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles
    What do I love about being a Paladin?
    That I'm better than 90% of the other Paladins.

Sorry guys, learn to use Hand spells, proper blessings, don't forget to turn on Righteous Defense, don't cast Exorcism while tanking, use Sacred Shield often and melee enemies with Seal of Wisdom if you're out of mana.

Seems like it should be common sense but people don't get it.

Aaaah, such is the folly of being a pally. 90% of Paladins think they're better than 90% of other Paladins. Paladins by their very nature are an easy to play class that can have huge success with relative low skill. What you are describing is the mere minimum of what can be considered being a "good" pally. Not 90% better than the rest, merely "good". And being "good" is no insult or bad in any way. Take pride in knowing that you are not one of those Wotlk fotm faceroll nabcakes but there are a lot of exceptional Paladins around I can't judge whether you're one of those but boasting without giving any sort of proof generally doesn't sit well with me
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Sorry guys, learn to use Hand spells, proper blessings, don't forget to turn on Righteous Defense, don't cast Exorcism while tanking, use Sacred Shield often and melee enemies with Seal of Wisdom if you're out of mana.

Lol turn on righteous defense. you're aware that's a taunt right? <3

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

sexy human female with good sounding heals...

Yeah my paladin is 36 but meh i enjoyed instancing it from 15 so far

Holy light + flash of light are fun i enjoy the relaxing spam of FOL and working holy lights in when people get low and also the spell that makes the next heal 100% crit is fun Overall paladin are fun so far

For the record I play resto druid as my main with prot warrior and hunter as other 80s
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

I liekz bubble hearth

Not dying... evar
    Being able to survive boss fights long enough for the healer to run back.

i like wearing plate, having a big 2hander in my hand and to fight for some kind of holy sake!

I originally leveled my pally at the onset of WotLK to solo old raids and heroics. I've only recently gemmed and enchanted my prot gear and gone on to solo Kara and many of the BC heroics. I'm hoping to take on Mag soon.

Beacon of Light, Sacred Shield, a gazillion of Hand-spells, Lay on Hands, almost as much mana as the main tanks have hitpoints. Oh, and it's really cheap to wipe!

Divine Intervention is the shit. 25 silver for a Symbol of Divinity, you die without repair costs, and you save someone else from repairs. All while the others groans at 16+ gold repairs per death. ;D

Paladins might not have the most awesome DPS most of the time, but we're practically bursting with utility spells. Decent paladins exists in thousands, but there's only a handful of good paladins out there that use more than their main abilities. Those paladins tend to save entire raids though!

I've always liked being up in the front of a battle fighting, so Tank suited me. I like to Heal/res people I see in trouble and be able to buff them and send them on their way. The Paladin had that, so I picked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

My pally was my first toon to get above level 30 - my only toon at 80. Dual spec for Prot and Ret, with decent gear for the content I'm in.

The pally playstyle is easy, easy to learn. BUT difficult to master. I know for a fact that I out-play my gear, both dps and tanking. [literally vs better geared pally's, and comparatively geared "pure" dps]

Knowing when to use your wide variety of situational-group/raid-assist abilities is key to overcoming the lolret, etc slander. We [paladin's] are incredibly versatile with the right player. I'm comfortable in 7th [25 raid] dps spot, while knowing that my HoS/HoP/HoWhatever saved a tank/healer/dps and thus kept the raid going.

Oh, and as a personal thought - pick up engineering. Lots of fun - rocket boots, parachute cap, bombs and rocket launchers... good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal

Aaaah, such is the folly of being a pally. 90% of Paladins think they're better than 90% of other Paladins. Paladins by their very nature are an easy to play class that can have huge success with relative low skill.
    And this is what I hate about playing a paladin. For the last 5 years, we have had more hate targeted at us than any other class, and it's all been unjustified. All classes have had their chance to be in the spotlight, they've all been OP in some way or another at some point, they've all had nerfs and buffs. But when the paladin class even dares to be EQUAL, all hell breaks loose.

This thread is supposed to be about what people love about their class, but the assholes can't help but chime in to try to bring us down.

And, for the record, managing short cooldowns to maximize dps isn't any easier than spamming a 2 button rotation, a castsequence macro, or mashing the fuck out of keys to maximize dps/threat (depending on class).

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

I just love beacon... maybe too much :3

15+ Year Old Account

read the 5 other thread that i answered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpkto
    I just love bacon... maybe too much :3
    /fixed

Plumrose has an all natural Bacon that is irresistible.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Being the guy to start rezzing the 24 dead people in the raid because you were able to bubble when the boss was at 1% and stay alive long enough for the DoTs to kill it. Priceless.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.
    See my sig :P

Love doing that. Did that on festergut the other night.