Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glyph talk : Kill shot vs ASpect of the hawk??

Just wondering which one of these would be better to raid with, in say, 4pc t10? =/

Or if I should choose among other glyphs??

Say.. Kill shot, Chimera and Steady??

Or should I go Aspect of the hawk, chimera and steady? =/

Predicting damage - the right way.

Re: Glyph talk : Kill shot vs ASpect of the hawk??

SrS, SS, KS glyphs for MM.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

Thank ya bunches

Predicting damage - the right way.

last i knew SS was still not working with MM spec. Chimeras the preferred one with SrS and KS

Quote Originally Posted by dwezul
    last i knew SS was still not working with MM spec. Chimeras the preferred one with SrS and KS
    Nope, SS is the preferred glyph. It works.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Serpent sting, steady shot, and Hawk is what I use. Viable glyphs to replace hawk are Chimera shot and trueshot aura.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted

Best are...

Steady Shot, Serpent Sting and Kill Shot.

For me the 3 best currently are:

Steady/Serpent/Hawk, but i prefer to use Kill shot, and Trueshot aura is also very close in terms of dps.

St/SS/Hwk 10974dps
    St/SS/Kill 10953dps
    St/SS/True 10968dps

So meh, pick one which ever you prefer, the max difference in my case is 21dps, gamebreaking, huh?

According to the spreadsheet, Glyph of Trueshot Aura is slightly better than hawk and kill shot for me, arp gemmed marksman. but this is a very small dps increase (~25)

Really, there's only two options - CS or Hawk.

With low latency and a quick reaction time, the CS glyph should be able to pull ahead of Hawk (the sheet proves it as well if you minimize the max wait time for CDs & latency) due to a tighter rotation and (a lot) more steadies fired. Otherwise, go Hawk. The difference between these two really depends on the players' abilities.

KS is just not worth it. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocstar
    My personal belief is that whoever plays a hunter in the arena testing they have done since season 1 is just a monster, skilled beyond all belief and manages to whomp on the testers playing other classes. They in turn nerf hunters each and every patch to close the gap on this superhuman hunter demigod.... Slow down on the skills man, we don't stand a chance now and we can't take much more of the nerf bat.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ekoor
    Really, there's only two options - CS or Hawk.

With low latency and a quick reaction time, the CS glyph should be able to pull ahead of Hawk (the sheet proves it as well if you minimize the max wait time for CDs & latency) due to a tighter rotation and (a lot) more steadies fired. Otherwise, go Hawk. The difference between these two really depends on the players' abilities.

KS is just not worth it. At all.
    But the chimera shot glyph you make you have to go for Aimed Shot aswell, or your rotation would fall apart... Go for Kill Shot tbh, since a lot of fights gets hairy towards the end, so more Kills shots which make this phase go faster^^

Spread sheet helps, but don't follow to the T, you have to do some testing of your own based on your usually group composition and with fight mechanics. According to it I would have been better off with all agi gems, and 2P T10 bonus. In practice? T9 2p and arm pen gems have resulted in better dps despite being at only 50-55% passive with gems. Glyph of True Shot Aura also showed more dps than Hawk, CS or KS.

Edit not glpyh of aime shot but TSA

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious
    But the chimera shot glyph you make you have to go for Aimed Shot aswell, or your rotation would fall apart... Go for Kill Shot tbh, since a lot of fights gets hairy towards the end, so more Kills shots which make this phase go faster^^
    Not really, it just makes your rotation to become more priority based because of the different cooldowns. Nothing to worry about with some practice.

You can also always switch glyphs in favor of fights with tough final phases, just carry a stack of both glyphs on you and you're fine.

I like priority based system more than rigid rotation spamming. But that's cuz I'm used to SV. You should consider ChimeraShot Glyph too, seeing it's also quite good for MM.

*Sigh* Glyph of Chimera shot is usable with under 100 latency, much above that and it's a dps loss compared to Glyph of Kill Shot.

Typically having Glyph of Kill Shot will result in higher dps in ICC, due to the fact a majority of the fights have adds, or another way you can use it on cooldown.

Serpent Sting, Steady Shot and Kill Shot hands down.

There's a thread on this already with some very solid advice that you should check out.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Balnazzar&cn=Eydes

Do you think you have what it takes to be in a 12/12 ICC heroic (world 34th) guild that doesnt use alt raids and doesnt extend raiding? Check us out at http://www.paparazziguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial
    There's a thread on this already with some very solid advice that you should check out.
    This

On the spreadsheet for my toon, Trueshot aura beats all other glyphs including chimera shot for my third, and does not screw up my rotation by offsetting cooldowns. I am gemmed for armor pen; and my aimed shot does slightly more damage than the base portion of my chimera shot.

I find it odd that so many who speak as if they know it all about hunters leave this one out.

Just because the rotation is more complicated does not mean its better; in fact I would argue the opposite.

note: chimera shot is actually less dps than hawk AND kill shot by quite a large margin according to female dwarf; 100 dps less than TSA, while ks/hawk were only a 25-35 dps loss.

TSA glyph requires you to have TSA talented, which lowers DPS compared to a talent point spent elsewhere if you already have 10% AP from another hunter, enhance sham, or blood DK.