Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Not a fan of the Chain of Ice change....

This was a pvp buff as well as a prep for a pve change. As they said they want to turn Icy Touch into a shield slam of sorts for DK tanks so that we will have a high insta threat on new incoming mobs, etc. But by doing so this also makes it dangerous for DPS DK's to be using it then since they have no bonafied threat dump, i know Dk's have subversion but you know what i mean. So they are making this change so that DPS DK's will still be able to use the frost fever disease without being forced to use the high threat shield-slam-esque icy touch.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetNoata
    pve game your being selfish there is enough nerfs as it is that sacrifice pve for pvp
    How exactly is this a nerf for pve? If anything it's a buff. You can now slow a mob with chains and not sacrifice a SS (for unholy) or w/e strike you'd normally use because you'd have to throw out an IT as well for FF. Ntm Endless Winter gives a 4% str increase now. I fail to see your point.

The trash in the first wing of ICC is generally cced
    Only CC i've ever seen in there between 10 and 25 is the spiders, and only then when we pull the whole freakin' room (we have a few morons who pull the middle of the first room while we are busy pulling the sides /facepalm).

There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

There's really no conceivable way that this is a nerf. If for some far out reason you feel like using Chains in a raid, ever, now it will apply FF for you. If for some messed up reason you need to CC in a raid--I feel sorry for you, first of all, play better.. And Chains of ice isn't a CC in the first place, so I'm not sure why you would be using that to "CC" when there are dozens of other infinitely more viable CCs (sheep, sap, repentance, shackle, trap, etc). Chains is a PvP ability through and through, there may be the off chance you want to use it to stop a Tactician in Blood Wing from jumping around and 1-shotting everyone, but Chains applying FF won't hurt that in any way. Quit complaining about buffs, and quit bitching about "oh we sacrifice PvE for PvP." There's a huge PvP community, and making a change like this that has almost 0 impact on PvE is huge for PvPers.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    Only CC i've ever seen in there between 10 and 25 is the spiders, and only then when we pull the whole freakin' room (we have a few morons who pull the middle of the first room while we are busy pulling the sides /facepalm).

thats generally what i was talking about.

thats generally what i was talking about.
    Even in that case, if they break so what?

I run in and tank them as a dps, they don't really hit that hard (the spiders/caster skeles). Just interrupt the casters and break the webs from the spiders (if you are human, just hit Every Man for Himself before the cast finishes on you, it breaks the web). But their overall damage is low.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfel
    So they are making this change so that DPS DK's will still be able to use the frost fever disease without being forced to use the high threat shield-slam-esque icy touch.
    It's only high-threat when in Frost Presence. All PVE DK's will still use IT to apply FF.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfel
    This was a pvp buff as well as a prep for a pve change. As they said they want to turn Icy Touch into a shield slam of sorts for DK tanks so that we will have a high insta threat on new incoming mobs, etc. But by doing so this also makes it dangerous for DPS DK's to be using it then since they have no bonafied threat dump, i know Dk's have subversion but you know what i mean. So they are making this change so that DPS DK's will still be able to use the frost fever disease without being forced to use the high threat shield-slam-esque icy touch.
    the threat on icy touch is only shield-slamish when the DK is in frost presence....this is in no way for dps DK's to apply FF without risking pulling threat.......this is a conenience change.

this is a buff to pve and pvp. the talent that u specced into for this now gives you 4% strength. still good to take for pvp. and for pve i think its awesome because any smart Dk helps his raid out by casting chains here and there.....usually it screws up our rotations cuz we need IT to apply ff..this just makes COI a lot more convenient to use.

a straight up buff, don't QQ about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    Even in that case, if they break so what?

I run in and tank them as a dps, they don't really hit that hard (the spiders/caster skeles). Just interrupt the casters and break the webs from the spiders (if you are human, just hit Every Man for Himself before the cast finishes on you, it breaks the web). But their overall damage is low.
    Blood elf sir. and when you have those casters/plus the cleaving skeles plus im a pally so less ints i die

Quote Originally Posted by Mordockk
    the threat on icy touch is only shield-slamish when the DK is in frost presence....this is in no way for dps DK's to apply FF without risking pulling threat.......this is a conenience change.

this is a buff to pve and pvp. the talent that u specced into for this now gives you 4% strength. still good to take for pvp. and for pve i think its awesome because any smart Dk helps his raid out by casting chains here and there.....usually it screws up our rotations cuz we need IT to apply ff..this just makes COI a lot more convenient to use.

a straight up buff, don't QQ about it.
    I wasnt qqing about it, i actually love the change, then agian that last comment probably wasnt directed at me

Blood elf sir. and when you have those casters/plus the cleaving skeles plus im a pally so less ints i die
    Are you seriously trying to argue and qq about the changes to coi being negative in pve because of the fact that you can't cc a target if you apply CoI to it first (or after)?

This is such a stupid argument. If there is any reason why you (or your raid) feel the NEED to cc in raids then a change like this should be the least of your worries. Maybe you should go run Naxx again so even if you break cc's with CoI, no one will die that quickly because of it.

I can't believe someone is actually complaining about this from a PvE perspective.... my personal opinion is that you are someone who never PvP's (probably because you suck at it) and think just because a change was made primarily for a PvP reason, it HAS to be a negative to PvE.

Idiot.

What are you CoI'ing which is planned to be CC'd, anyway? The only enemies I can think of wanting to CC in the case of large pulls are casters, and slowing them doesn't matter.