Thread: Althor's Abacus

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Althor's Abacus

I'm trying to decide if I should keep this trinket <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50359">Althor's Abacus</a> does anyone know how well this preforms for a restoration druid? or the CD time? or the name of the proc so I can find it on logs?

thanks everyone

Deleted

Re: Althor's Abacus

The proc is called Echoes of Light. On a short 25 man run last night (Lord, Lady, Gunship, Deathbringer and Festergut) the proc totalled about 3% of my over all healing which is certainly not bad given the large amount of spellpower on the trinket. The proc chance is about 30% with a 45 ICD. To give a comparison, Trauma's proc - Fountain of Light - accounts for about 6%-8% of my healing done.

As a Holy Paladin, I noticed it to not be all that great imo. I used in on Festergut and at the end of the fight it only did 30k healing for about 1.5% of my healing done. I'd prefer to keep my Pandora's Plea/Talisman of Resurgence, but that's from a Paladin perspective.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&n=Tandellon

It really depends on what you would replace it with. If you have double solace than use both solaces, if not than i would probably stick with Abicus.

Its called Echoes of Light. It accounts for about ~3% of my healing, and it choses its "target" very smart, meaning it will heal the lowest health person in range. It has a 45s CD, I have no idea about the proc chance, but for druids that won't matter.
    The proc of trauma accounts for about 5-8% of my healing, so compared that it's only a trinket with a nice bunch of spellpower on it, its quite nice.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bithurm
    It really depends on what you would replace it with. If you have double solace than use both solaces, if not than i would probably stick with Abicus.
    The Abacus is better for throughput than two Solaces, especially if your not having mana issues.

I love this trinket. results vary between fights, but for an entire raid it usually accounts for a little over 3% of my total healing done.

This is a meaty trinket, especially for fights with a lot of raid damage. With riptide constantly ticking and 4 set chain heal hots ruuning rampant its always on cooldown, giving me constant procs when it's ready. Also, it aint half bad for arena
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account

use this and a solace its BiS, unless you want to get like a heroic sliver of pure ice or whatever but the proc is 3% free healing im not gna complain about that!

Deleted

I personally prefer using 2 solaces, as i don't rate the proc that much tbh.

15+ Year Old Account

I have it and personally I love it.

Some facts:
    It procs off of hots
    It can crit
    it has a 45 sec intcd
    it's a smart heal

I personally think it's an amazing trinket and I'm quite pleased with the results. Because it's a smart heal and proc's off of hots I know that in 45 sec it will proc and most likely heal someone in need. Does wonder's in high damage fights like Queen.

I love the trink.. does more heals than living seed and the proc is very intelligent.

dont realy wana make a new topic for this so ill aske it here is the abacus trinket any good for a resto shammy im courently using hc binding blight and the int trinket from tryumph.

is it worth going for?

I have this trinket, and I really can't say I'm in love with it like the others. Maybe it's supposed to be intelligent, but the 1.5%-3% of healing it ever does for me usually winds up being overhealing. The only reason I'm still holding onto it is for the static spellpower, and that it's better than what I had (yay for crap trinket luck. still haven't seen a single sliver, except for on every alt healer in guild.)

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Good trinket if you don't have mana problems

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    Good trinket if you don't have mana problems
    unfortunatly i do only got 505 with water sheild

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    I have this trinket, and I really can't say I'm in love with it like the others. Maybe it's supposed to be intelligent, but the 1.5%-3% of healing it ever does for me usually winds up being overhealing. The only reason I'm still holding onto it is for the static spellpower, and that it's better than what I had (yay for crap trinket luck. still haven't seen a single sliver, except for on every alt healer in guild.)
    Why go for the Sliver of Pure Ice? If you're having mana issues, which is, my assumption, the only reason to get this trinket, then you should get the Purified Lunar Dust. It gives more Spell Power, and more Mana return.

The purified lunar dust has a 45 second ICD, 15 second uptime, and a 30% (I think?) proc rate. Given the fact that we're pretty much constantly casting, let's normalize it to 1 PPM. 304 MP5/4 = 76 MP5 * 12(2) = 1824 mana back per 2 minutes, compared to the 1625 mana back every 2 minutes from sliver. Is there any reason to get that instead? Less SP, less Mana back, harder to get...

Quote Originally Posted by Ormula
    Why go for the Sliver of Pure Ice? If you're having mana issues, which is, my assumption, the only reason to get this trinket, then you should get the Purified Lunar Dust. It gives more Spell Power, and more Mana return.

The purified lunar dust has a 45 second ICD, 15 second uptime, and a 30% (I think?) proc rate. Given the fact that we're pretty much constantly casting, let's normalize it to 1 PPM. 304 MP5/4 = 76 MP5 * 12(2) = 1824 mana back per 2 minutes, compared to the 1625 mana back every 2 minutes from sliver. Is there any reason to get that instead? Less SP, less Mana back, harder to get...
    Because my second trinket is the craptastic Snowflake. Like I said, I have bad trinket luck. The trinket I replaced with the Abacus was the mp5 one from ToC10.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Elysia
    I love you sig... realy adorable, brb going outside to /hug a tree.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

I've recently aqcuired the 277 version of the Abacus and yes it is godly, it's BiS afterall. Even if you have double solace, use this over the 245 one (unless you have mana problems but stop spamming nourish then). The 277 one has a 45s icd and heal for roughly 6-8k and crits for 10-12k. Like the ones before me said it's a very smart heal and will proc off hots and the likes. The only problem is is that it procs so fast that it's usually an overheal when i prehot before a fight.

It heals for about 1-3% per encounter.