Lich King Melee AOE

So we're working on Lich King 25-man and I'm noticing an issue coming up among our melee.

Melee's with cleave/aoe effects are getting pretty monstrous damage, and with my divine storm being part of my main rotation, mine looks obscene also.

However we have several melee prioritizing diseases + wandering plague/cleaves etc and doing absurd damage, but only ~43-50% of their damage is hitting lich king. So if i'm doing 13,000dps spamming cleave, for example, and only 43% of my overall damage for the fight is to lich king, i would think this is an issue considering ~6,000 of my dps is hitting the boss. Not to mention it's important for phase/add timing.

Thoughts on this? I just think it's asinine to pad the meters on this fight when phase transition timing is so important.

Re: Lich King Melee AOE

It can help to get a little damage on the ghouls so that necrotic plague kills them faster and as a result gains stacks to take out the shambling horrors faster

As soon as it gains enough stacks to one shot the ghouls any extra damage on them is wasted.

Be sure to keep up the 13% spelldamage debuff on the shambling horrors though, necrotic plague doesn't benefit from ebon plague so there is no need to have your dks pestilence to them.

That's a great way to make phase one take a lot longer than it needs to.

Haven't killed it yet on 25 man, but having some smooth phase 1, and we let the LK tank, tank the small adds aswell, and we enter first transition phase with 1-3 small adds alive. (At that time we have had 2 big ones, that both have died to Necrotic alone) So we basicly just have those with cleave in rotation to deal with the small adds. (Shamans dropping Magma and using nova aswell.)
    Insert Signature here!

Deleted

Since all the ghouls spawn around the LK, we had a rogue trick the ghouls to the shambler tank. As long as the tank pays attention when to stun the shamblers, they arent hard to tank along with the ghouls.

At the phase transition we had 3 of the ghouls that just spawned still up, so we just had the OT stand in the remorseless winter, our healer spamming him, then dispelling him when the last ghoul dies. Worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha
    Since all the ghouls spawn around the LK, we had a rogue trick the ghouls to the shambler tank. As long as the tank pays attention when to stun the shamblers, they arent hard to tank along with the ghouls.

At the phase transition we had 3 of the ghouls that just spawned still up, so we just had the OT stand in the remorseless winter, our healer spamming him, then dispelling him when the last ghoul dies. Worked fine.
    Pretty much this. We have 3 rogues with 10s tricks sending them to the Shambler tank. Raid leader tells people not to whirlwind / ds / consecrate but they do anyway. Its important for the adds to make it to the OT so the plague can stack so if your melee isn't allowing them to reach their target they need scolded or replaced.

Deleted

We send the first two waves to the shambler tank trough Tricks of the Trade, and the other two waves are cleaved by the melee.

It works well, real well infact, and sure it biases the charts alittlebit but the fuckers have to die eventually, and that didn't really prevent us from killing the Lich King itself, but I dunno it depends on what your guild is used to. We've always been a big fan of the theory that if it can be cleaved it should be cleaved.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gr1pp
    Our GM refuses to let the Shambling Horro Tank take the Ghouls, so for me every DPS Melee do on them is a good start to get us through a subpar p1 strategy :<
    considering horrors die faster when OT has ghouls on him