15+ Year Old Account

Mission Accomplished: Thanks MMOC Computer Forum

Just like to say thanks to the mods of this forum and all the people who helped me in my semi-redundant threads asking questions about cores and video cards and random explanations about all kinds of advanced shenanigans that while I've been building computers for a while - I'd never really seriously looked into understanding the deeper workings of the hardware.

So with almost a month of discussion/reading forums/reading reviews and $1100 here are the fruits of my labor

here's some photos taken over the three and half hour build that will lead to gaming greatness

Specs:
    Intel i7-920 (stock 2.66) Overclocked to 4.2 (http://i50.tinypic.com/2v9c4nr.jpg << SS or it didn't happen :P)
    4 GB of A-DATA DDR3 1600 RAM
    GIGABYTE x58 Motherboard
    BFG 260GTX MAXCORE55 895MB
    COOLERMAX 600WATT Modular PSU
    Western Digital 500GB Caviar Blue Hard Drive
    48x DVD burner
    COOLER MASTER: STORM SCOUT
    Corsair H50 Water Cooling
    (2) 120mm additional case fans

Airflow:
    - Two front intakes (both 120mm) one at the bottom of by the HD cage the other under the DVD burner in the middle of the tower
    - Two exhausts one on the side door (120mm) one on the top of the case (140mm)
    - Push-Pull Fans set up as an exhaust directly from the middle intake to pull cool air over the RAM and then through the radiator

Enjoy and critique

Re: Mission Accomplished: Thanks MMOC Computer Forum

Very nice build.

I especially like that you went with a case that has the PSU at the bottom. I prefer those since I don't like when all the heat gets trapped at the top near the CPU, especially without having top exhaust fans.

Water cooling CPU only? I would much rather prefer it on the GPU since those run much hotter these days even without any OC and the fans are pretty loud on some models, but if your GPU HSF is fine then that's fine I guess.

Overall, very solid build and awesome OC results.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

15+ Year Old Account

I might move to a larger water cooling unit in the future but I don't see any need right now. The case is considerably colder than my last build and its next to silent. I haven't looked at temps of the GPU yet but everything seems to be going swimmingly as is.

Since you have good airflow it won't be a problem as long as it doesn't get too noisy. With the case airflow you have, the GPU itself will never overheat unless you overclock it. It will just add to the ambient temps which as you already said are not a problem at all.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

shiny, new, and saexy. props m8