Dual Wielding healing?

Hi, I have a lvl 46 shaman and my buddy has a 43 warrior. I'm wondering how viable I will be at healing him through instances if I stay enhancement, but pick up the spell power BoA mace, and put earthliving on main hand and flametongue on offhand. Would I be able to help melee dps to proc maelstrom to heal him? Basically I want to be able to dps with him while questing and heal in instanced without buying duel spec. Since intellect gives attack power, and 30% of attack power is spell power, would I be better off getting gear with agi/int to buff my mana pool, ap, and spell power at the same time?

Re: Dual Wielding healing?

Yeah. Healing at that level is insanely easy. The only issue you'll have is mana. You WILL run out of mana if you're dpsing and healing all at once. I'd suggest getting some caster mail, leather or cloth to help with that.

I was figuring on just stormstriking every cooldown to get mana back, and using maelstrom procs for instant heals.

It wont work well, as enhance you have a shit mana pool. Even with all healing gear, its going to be bad. Just spec ele or resto, you have more mana, you dont need to collect 2 sets of leveling gear, and you can actually heal if the instance needs it.

Personally i believe around level 30-40, it gets to the point where you at least need to have points in the spec you are doing. For example i was leveling a paladin, and i couldnt heal simply because 3 heals and i was oom. I then decided to try tanking. This was at level 29 i think. I was tanking RFK (Or rfd, the lower level one) and every 2-3 pulls i was going oom. I specced prot, and not a single mana problem, and i could also live through larger pulls.

Basically, spec for the roll you are going to be queuing as. It not only helps you, but your party as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

You could get dual-spec but if this is your first char or you simply don't have the money you can heal as enhancement as long as you got alittle int gear in your back. It's is very possible to heal as enhan at this lvl and you shouldn't get any larger problems doing this other then you might need to drink a little more offen then a healing spec'd shammy
    Awesome sign by Safhira

I think it would be ok. Those lower level instances are really, really easy, and with water shield and mana totem you should have enough mana. Also, use double earthliving on main and offhand, increases chance to proc, and flametongue only gives +damage (Check it on the character sheet)
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty
    Hi, I have a lvl 46 shaman and my buddy has a 43 warrior. I'm wondering how viable I will be at healing him through instances if I stay enhancement, but pick up the spell power BoA mace, and put earthliving on main hand and flametongue on offhand. Would I be able to help melee dps to proc maelstrom to heal him? Basically I want to be able to dps with him while questing and heal in instanced without buying duel spec. Since intellect gives attack power, and 30% of attack power is spell power, would I be better off getting gear with agi/int to buff my mana pool, ap, and spell power at the same time?
    before even getting into the sp boost you'd get, can you even dw them? Most sp weapons are main hand specific, and I'm not entirely sure whether the boa weapon is or is not.

/edit

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=2&filt...23;crs=1;crv=0

doesn't look too good for dw sp weaps.

/edit /edit

Also, after quitting with the tard and rereading, I don't really think it would be an issue at lower levels, you have a better mana pool at low levels than high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

As previously stated, use +int gear, have earthliving on both weapons and if you wanna DPS (Which will be shit with earthliving on both weapons) I'd simply do it or the sake of stormstriking a bit of mana back... Going for MW heals is quite silly... Also, I'm impressed that you have MW at lvl 46 Mana won't be a real issue either once you've gotten lvl 50 and can get yourself Shamanistic Enrage, it should help you keep your mana consistantly quite high

Healing as enhance is actually pretty easy, just procing malestrom, dont think it will work around 75ish tho, healed through UK when our healer left....found it REALLY REALLY easy actually, was TOP dps and top heals. course i was in endgame enhance gear in tBC

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games

I healed AQ20 once
    but the other party members were lv70 at that time
    there was only me and a paladin lv60
    I will watch and wait as ya people slowly become aware of ya ineptitude. I will laugh as dey grow to despise ya as I do.

-Vol'jin

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

When leveling and healing an instance all you really need to worry about is having a few pieces with Intellect on them and having the Restoration spec. Other than that it's pretty easy. Not too demanding.