Page 1 of 2
LastLast

People still Rage Quiting on Oculus?

At first, it was sorta understandable, because the last boss was a PuG wiper. But now it's just retarded. After Blizzard nurfed it into the ground and even gave it a DRAKE, there is no reason for people to Rage Quit anymore. But they still do.

For example, I had a group where the Tank Rage-Quit 5 minutes into it. We looked for another Tank, got one, and he Rage Quit on Loading Menu. It's mainly tanks because they're arrogant SOB's atm, but still, why is there still so much hate for Oculus?

Re: People still Rage Quiting on Oculus?

People are still dumb, despite the fact that Occ has been turned into the easiest, fastest, and most profitable 5 man there is.

It seems my DK is some kind of Occ magnet. I get it for his daily like every other day. And that's a good thing, 8 badges in 15 minutes is good for extra gems and a shot at a drake too (actually got that today).

Watch as bads enter the thread, and try to justify leaving the instance. 8)

just did it, love it, no luck at drake yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

I'll do it once a day, perhaps twice if I am in a good mood, but if I get it freaking 3 times out of the 4 instances I do on my alts..

And some days I act like one of your "arrogant SOB" tanks and quit, log my alt till the debuff is gone, and try again.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

it truly is a joke of an instance anymore. so many badges for so little work. it doesn't make any sense.

Dont understand either.. even easier than gundrak and people still leave :S

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Yeah, looks a bit weird though, at least the movement animation. It needs to be slowed down a little so it doesn't look like someone with parkinsons.

I still drop it and have zero desire to run the place.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan
    I'll do it once a day, perhaps twice if I am in a good mood, but if I get it freaking 3 times out of the 4 instances I do on my alts..

And some days I act like one of your "arrogant SOB" tanks and quit, log my alt till the debuff is gone, and try again.
    its comments like this that make me glad they're increasing the debuff to 30mins up from 15.

OCC is ftw now... i tank though so if a heal or dps leaves so be it

I haven't seen it lately, but then I haven't gotten Oculus much (figures, it gets good rewards and I stop getting it).

I've seen a bit of people rage quit from Old Kingdom since the Oculus nerfs. Considering how much they took out as far as trash and whatnot, I don't understand it either.

It's far and away the most worthwhile 5man now, yet I have still seen a few groups break up when I get it in the daily. I simply can't understand the reasoning these guys must have. If there are new guys in the group, just make sure you get the red drake yourself and have them go bronze and you will be fine, even players who have never done the place before can grasp how to dps with the bronze drake after a 30 second explanation.

I actually got it on my priest alt today, and have to say I can see why people rage quit it.

When we got to where we pick drakes the tank says "Ruby Void." That's it. Simply says Ruby Void. (Nobody was from his guild or even same server so he wasnt informing non-guildies or whatever either)

Nobody said anything, and I sort of silently agreed to it. A little bit later the healer jokingly says "We should do all ambers" and the tank suddenly becomes hell bent on doing this. He totally neeeeeds Ruby and Emerald Void guys, right? I promptly tell him to shove it after about 5 minutes of him going on about this, and he threatens to kick me or whatever cause he's a tank and he can find replacements blah blah blah. (Im assuming he tried to and it failed because I am sure that nobody else wanted to do 5 ambers)

So all in all, this is why people rage quit Occ.

I play the game for myself and to have fun. It's not fun wasting 30 minutes in there, wiping multiple times because 2-3 people in the group always seem to be new. That, and pugs don't tolerate wipes. So out goes the tank/dps/healer and we wait for a replacement. One wipe, and the group falls apart. Yes, the Oculus isn't difficult once you have the know-how. I only run the Oculus with guildies.

Deleted

When I need emblems I'll do it.
    When I wont and just wanna do the daily, I'll leave.
    Plus I got the drake on the first oculus since drake was released although I never aimed for it since it didn't suit my tastes.

Although easy, I simply hate the mount-dismount-run there,next,next,boss concept. I much more enjoy dungeons like UK,UP,GD and the ICC Hcs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    People are still dumb, despite the fact that Occ has been turned into the easiest, fastest, and most profitable 5 man there is.

It seems my DK is some kind of Occ magnet. I get it for his daily like every other day. And that's a good thing, 8 badges in 15 minutes is good for extra gems and a shot at a drake too (actually got that today).

Watch as bads enter the thread, and try to justify leaving the instance. 8)
    The problem was never the difficulty, the profitability, or the speed. That's what we were bribed with to attempt to overcome this simple fact:

It's just not fun. At all.

It can still be the biggest pain in the ass when people that have no clue how to use the drakes are let in there. I don't care how many rewards you tack onto that place, it still blows the most goats. It is possible to fly from pull to pull without aggro'n ANY drakes whatsoever, but people STILL do it every run. and then have no idea what they are doin during the final boss, makin it a run back and explaining.

It still blows, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by heeroyuy99
    it truly is a joke of an instance anymore. so many badges for so little work. it doesn't make any sense.
    Thats it just its only Triumph emblems.

I only do heroics for my 2 frosts, i want quick easy runs.

The same is for alot of people. Occ is just one of those set time heroics like CoT, and even with its nerf newbies can still fail miserably at it. So people just dont wana take the chance and waste time on it. Since well the rewards arent great, just a mount and meh its not that great to start with.

While i do heroics for quick frosts i would take the time to go through it mainly because it is a fun instance when you dont get all elitest about it.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotena
    The problem was never the difficulty, the profitability, or the speed. That's what we were bribed with to attempt to overcome this simple fact:

It's just not fun. At all.
    you are correct, instead of fixing things, we got incentives to put up with it.

I usually stick it out long enough to see if the group will be able to handle it or if I'll have to hold their hands and tell them when to press buttons. If we kill the first boss, 3 people get on red drakes and then 2 of them proceed to fly in circles for 10 minutes (yes, that really happened. No, not killing mobs. Just small little circles.) then I'm going to bail.

Unfortunately lately I've been trying to get my last chars to 80, and keep getting occ in random. The problem with occ on reg is that you don't get any extra rewards and you are way more likely to run into morons who can't read tooltips.

It's not a hard instance, but I just plain don't enjoy it. I don't like vehicle combat. If I wanted vehicle combat I'd go reinstall carmageddon 2: carpocalypse now.

So I generally stick give occ a chance, but it is by far my least favorite wotlk 5man. If people are screwing up, I will bail. I have more enjoyable things to do, and I'm not sticking around to do something I don't enjoy just to have to coddle bads.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    At first, it was sorta understandable, because the last boss was a PuG wiper. But now it's just retarded. After Blizzard nurfed it into the ground and even gave it a DRAKE, there is no reason for people to Rage Quit anymore. But they still do.

For example, I had a group where the Tank Rage-Quit 5 minutes into it. We looked for another Tank, got one, and he Rage Quit on Loading Menu. It's mainly tanks because they're arrogant SOB's atm, but still, why is there still so much hate for Oculus?
    I don't really see a valid argument for them not to rage quit. Everyone can play WoW however they want to play it. If you don't like people quitting when joining Oculus, make your own group on your realm before going there.