Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Blizzchat on Twitter: Holy Paladins need more spells!

They are going to have to change beacon...alot, just to fix the monster they created.

Probably Cata will see it removed or completely revamped.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

They don't want 10-man raids to bring a paladin and another healer. So most likely less efficiency on holy light and more on AOE healing.

On multi tank encounters beacon allows us to excel in the role we were designed for.
    They don't want paladins to be tons of times better on tank healing than the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    They don't want paladins to be tons of times better on tank healing than the other classes.
    Link?

While it is true from one aspect that they love their mantra "Bring the player not the class", I don't believe this in any respect.

Currently, if you have a heavy raid healing encounter (heroic mode), will you ever bring a paladin to fill that role? No you will bring a resto druid/holy priest, and to a lesser extent a resto shaman. Same thing for heavy tank damage (heroic mode). You aren't going to bring a holy priest or resto druid.

While technically in both situations with the right, skilled player it will usually work out, I don't ever see them changing our role too drastically and we will always be a tank healer.

For them to fix what you say and take away our ability to tank heal, they would have to nerf beacon drastically, decrease the healing output by 50% for HL (to make it on par with other healers nuke spells), and add a significant raid healing spell. And by significant I mean on par with COH and Rejuvenation. Then however, Discipline Priests would just move into the top tank healing spot and they would have to nerf them too.

Essentially it would mean every healer excels at raid healing (once they give everyone a raid healing spell as everyone in this thread wants for some reason), but all healers would fairly suck at tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos
    They don't want 10-man raids to bring a paladin and another healer. So most likely less efficiency on holy light and more on AOE healing.
    And honestly, they don't now, and they won't ever balance healing classes around 10 man raids. They don't care about 10 man raids as much as everyone thinks they do.
    Xentin
    Damage Control [Suramar-US]

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

We dont need more, we need more umph or more utility for our spells

on some fights where u don't have 2 tanks getting piss pounded, or your raid has 2 holy pallies (it is really nice to have) u can beacon 1 tank, and spam hl's on raid, especially melee, that hl glyph can be very effective raid healing in high damage fights no matter how good or bad your raid healers are. like on fester, 2 pallies beacon tank with aggro and megawackamole hl the raid. can seem some big numbers even though only 1 tank taking damage.

I honestly think the only thing Paladins need is to stop complaining, but then I am a Shaman so maybe I am biased. Seriously though, name one complaint Paladins have that couldn't be said more so for some other class, all around I would say if anything Paladins have TOO much going for them, and while I dont deman a nerf, I would suggest making sure the other classes get some spotlight too.

10+ Year Old Account

The main difficulty they will have is increasing our ability to raid heal while decreasing our mana effectiveness with single target heals.

There is also the problem changing the effectiveness of heals could have with retribution paladins, they play a large part in ret's ability to stay alive in both pvp & pve. Although I do remember GC saying a while back that he thought ret felt like it was more of a weak healing spec & not that much of a offensive spec because of its lack of offensive tools but abundance of healing potential as a dps spec. This could mean that if ret's ability to self heal takes a hit with the changes they may consider giving them some of the tools they have been asking for for a long time like interrupts etc...
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Unavoidable
    I honestly think the only thing Paladins need is to stop complaining, but then I am a Shaman so maybe I am biased. Seriously though, name one complaint Paladins have that couldn't be said more so for some other class, all around I would say if anything Paladins have TOO much going for them, and while I dont deman a nerf, I would suggest making sure the other classes get some spotlight too.
    being able to heal 3 people or an AOE group.

Every other class has some sort of mechanic to do this which is why they are raid healing classes. The "Grab 2 healers, preferably 2 different ones" implies that every other class will be just as good at tank healing as they need to be. The only question is will a paladin be able to raid heal suitably well enough?

If so.. they will need more tools to accomplish this since beacon + spam is still not sufficient to raid heal.
    Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Beacon + AoE heals will not, and should not happen.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

they should at least change the glyph of holy light:
    Your holy light puts a hot on the 3 closest raid members, which each heal xx% over 15 seconds

just a little http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=51993 for paladins maybe?

Lower the amount of healing Holy Light does, but make the Glyph of Holy Light a smart heal, so the splash would affect those that are missing health, or apply a hot to them.