Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: A Possible Solution for Balance Druids

Quote Originally Posted by Balourd
    It was then suggested that "Everytime we crit with Wrath, we get 1 charge of Lunar eclipse, stacking up a few times. And vice versa. Using the charges would completely reset the count".
    This, in my opinion, is much more interesting, as it is flexible-ish, meaning : You can choose how many stacks you want (up to a certain limit) depending on the fight, or situation. So let's say for example : Stacking 3 wraths (3 charges of lunar), and then casting 1 starfire (0 charges of lunar, 1 charge of solar), then casting 3 starfires (4 charges of solar), and then casting 1 wrath (0 charges of solar, 1 charge of lunar), is the best way to go dps-wise with that change.
    This is one of the versions I considered. Did Blizzard have this as one of the options before going with RNG-boring-lol-Eclipse? I want to see it from their POV so I can realize the flaws of the model, because I find this infinitely more fun than what they chose Eclipse to become.

old thread is old (if only a week, it was still pushed off the page)

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

And new reply is new unnecessary reply?

RNG might not be the must fun dmg multiplier, but it works just fine for moonkins atm. Working with eclipse grants high dps, working against it grants mediocre dps results.

Try to minimize movement while at the same time maximizing eclipse uptime and you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SBS
    And new reply is new unnecessary reply?

RNG might not be the must fun dmg multiplier, but it works just fine for moonkins atm. Working with eclipse grants high dps, working against it grants mediocre dps results.

Try to minimize movement while at the same time maximizing eclipse uptime and you'll be fine.
    ahh yes but you see, that's the problem... a lot, and im just gonna guess about 75%+, of the moonkin player-base have no idea how to do that... I personally dont have a problem with the way eclipse is currently, sure RNG hates me a lot of the time and procs lunar on me so i hit my hyperspeed accelerators then its wasted because I have to move, but you get that with almost every class (except not every class depends on a single talent as much as we do)...

work sucks btw

The Moonkin Repository

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    ahh yes but you see, that's the problem... a lot, and im just gonna guess about 75%+, of the moonkin player-base have no idea how to do that... I personally dont have a problem with the way eclipse is currently, sure RNG hates me a lot of the time and procs lunar on me so i hit my hyperspeed accelerators then its wasted because I have to move, but you get that with almost every class (except not every class depends on a single talent as much as we do)...

work sucks btw
    But the hypothesis that 75% of the moonkin playerbase fails does not mean that the spec is broken no? Sure RNG can fuck you up, no matter what class you play, but minimizing those random occurences should be every player's top priority after they learn how to play their spec. In the case of moonkins, movement is the big bad wolf, yes, you might suck the first time you do a boss, but the next time should bring almost double the dmg.

That's how I see it anyways. People struggling week after week miss the first crucial ingredience to do good dmg; l2p your spec. No amount of theory crafting or reading will make you good at your spec, you just have to get out there, apply that knowledge in a real world environment and take over the dmg meter

Quote Originally Posted by SBS
    But the hypothesis that 75% of the moonkin playerbase fails does not mean that the spec is broken no? Sure RNG can fuck you up, no matter what class you play, but minimizing those random occurences should be every player's top priority after they learn how to play their spec. In the case of moonkins, movement is the big bad wolf, yes, you might suck the first time you do a boss, but the next time should bring almost double the dmg.

That's how I see it anyways. People struggling week after week miss the first crucial ingredience to do good dmg; l2p your spec. No amount of theory crafting or reading will make you good at your spec, you just have to get out there, apply that knowledge in a real world environment and take over the dmg meter
    you missed my point entirely lol, i didnt mean the spec is broken because 75% of the moonkin player base (that i've encountered anyway) can't play properly... I didnt say the spec is broken at all... The spec is fine, i love playing moonkin because it doesnt adhere to the standard dps rules of sit there, press these keybinds at this time, move out of fires... the spec isnt well balanced (which is kind of ironic really), that is true, but its far from broken...

The Moonkin Repository

The comment wasn't aimed entierly on you, so I'm sorry if you felt that way. The spec might not be well balance, but it's more than good enough for "ending-of-the-expansion" dps'ing.

Moonkins have become progressivly better since the sad start in vanilla (having hurricane as your top talent was "great") and I have some faith in the developers making larger strides in cataclysm.

So I guess we agree for the most part

Rather funny,

compare orginal poster's suggestion with blizzard's new Eclipse for cataclysm:

Orginal poster:

Eclipse
    3/3
    When you critically hit with Wrath you have a 60% chance to gain Lunar Eclipse, increasing the haste and
    critical hit chance of your Starfire by X%. When you critically hit with Starfire you have a 100% chance to gain Solar Eclipse, increasing the damage and critical hit chance of Wrath by X%. Stacks up to 10 times and each time you gain a stack of one Eclipse, you consume a stack of the other.

Blizzard for cataclysm:

Eclipse: We are moving Eclipse from a talent into a core mechanic of the class and making it less random. Balance druids will have a new UI element that shows a sun and a moon. Whenever they cast an Arcane spell, it will move the UI closer to the sun, and buff their Nature damage. Whenever they cast a Nature spell, it will move the UI closer to the moon, and buff their Arcane damage. The gameplay intention is to alternate Arcane and Nature spells (largely Starfire and Wrath) to maintain the balance.

It is essentially the same idea as the orginal poster's idea, but with a few tweaks.

The only differences are that it's a 100% proc rate of getting the charge and the fact that charges are not mentioned (although moving it more to the sun or the moon is basically charges).

Everyspec for lead designer of the druid class?