Deleted

need a volunteer for a F.A.Q. on enhancement simming.

Since there are a number of threads that appear weekly requesting for people to help them with their gemming, I have decided (after discussing it with Levva) to make a F.A.Q. about enhancement simming.

In this guide, I was planning on giving an example using a live Armory. However, since my own shaman is only level 51 and as such is not usable for this, I need a volunteer. I could use a random shaman or the shaman of a random poster for this, however, it would be best if I have permission to use the character.

all posters who post their enhancement's shaman armory in this thread between now and 1 hour (18:00 Belgian time) will be eligible for this. one random shaman wll be chosen for this and mentioned in the thread.

Now, before people say that I am not suitable for writing this because i don't have a high-level shaman myself, let me assure you i have decent experience with both Rawr and enhsim. I know fully well how to work with both programs and have worked with them before for friends and guild mates.

edit: 30 minutes have passed, not one single poster yet. this is not a troll post. I am really looking for someone who wants to take part in this project.

Re: need a volunteer for a F.A.Q. on enhancement simming.

Can volunteer my goat for it.

There's a bit of slack in the gemming according to rawr, so it might give some interesting things to dig up in simming practices.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ade&cn=Narizha

If you still need one ; http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...strom&cn=Sapha and GL with it.

Deleted

eligibility has been closed down.

3 people have posted: Kurotshuchi, Sapha and nar. Thank you for your contribution.

edit: after consulting all 3 armories, i have decided to use narisha. Sapha and Kurotshuchi are thanked for their contribution.

the reason i have chosen nar is both because she has said herself that she had some slack left, and because she had no rare gems (excluding meta).

Deleted

Whilst choosing a live armoury is useful up to a point. The problem you will encounter is when trying to explain something when the numbers the reader is seeing are radically different from the FAQ results because the character has new gear from when FAQ was written.

I would recommend that you demonstate how to load from armoury then do a and here is how to load from a saved file and use a "here is one I loaded earlier" routine. This then means that ALL figures in the remainder of the FAQ are FIXED with respect to the XML/config file you are referring to. So for instance if you explain how Rawr shows what gear is better you can refer to the KNOWN values in the supplied XML file. If you rely on an armoury load then what you want to demonstrate (eg: user needs to reach expertise cap) may be fixed by the time the reader comes to try it.

Deleted

Couldn't you just host the RAWR saved file, that way maintaining the link to the existing gear?

Deleted

hey, the OP here.

i'm planning on including the rawr file as a post i.e. just the content of the XML file.

i'll look further in on how i will use the file itself (the content).

edit: i have looked deeper into the matter.

I will still use the armory, but i will include the contents of that armory (the Rawr XML file) in the topic in the final post.

Feel free to poke if you need some more info or me logging out wearing something else relevant for the tutorial writing.