View Poll Results: Have you found the trojan on your computer?

Voters
23. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1 4.35%
  • No

22 95.65%

Anyone seen this new trojan?!?

I want to know how fast this is spreading and If anyone knows what websites arent safe and what not, just to help me and my fellow wow players.

brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]

Deleted

Re: Anyone seen this new trojan?!?

More important question is HOW it spreads and where it's coming from.

15+ Year Old Account

...or possibly even the name of the trojan. That might help a bit.

For the time being, just be super careful of any link's actual URL. Don't just skim through it, actually read letter for letter so you're not going to worldofwarcrafvt.com or something.

Also for firefox users: Noscript <-- get it, install it, love it. It won't make you immune to keyloggers and other trojans, but it sure as hell provides a huge buffer for when your IQ and common sense temporarily goes on a vacation.

It comes from downloading and installing a fake wowmatrix client. You have to move it out of the zip and then run it to get infected.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    More important question is HOW it spreads and where it's coming from.
    The thing about trojans is they don't spread, they aren't like viruses. Once they're on your computer, you're of no risk to others.

And it's coming from fake addon sites that are paid advertisements in Google results (http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/15...fb6450e8fb1d9c).
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    The thing about trojans is they don't spread, they aren't like viruses. Once they're on your computer, you're of no risk to others.

And it's coming from fake addon sites that are paid advertisements in Google results (http://www.worldofraids.com/topic/15...fb6450e8fb1d9c).
    Ah well with spreading I meant what site So it looks like that is WoWmatrixf

I'll see if I can get it down

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by op3l
    Also for firefox users: Noscript <-- get it, install it, love it. It won't make you immune to keyloggers and other trojans, but it sure as hell provides a huge buffer for when your IQ and common sense temporarily goes on a vacation.
    I also recommend an addon for firefox called WebofTrust. You can rate the safety of a website, and leave a message about the safety of the website. My email was one of those stolen when WarcraftRealms got hacked back in Dec, so I get the fake wow emails daily, and every new website in their emails get reported by me as phishing/scams.

If you happen to navigate to one of these sites that have been rated badly, you'll get a notice (like AVs do) that this site has a poor reputation and is potentially dangerous.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

i had virus but not trojan's

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalDeathKnight
    i had virus but not trojan's
    This particular piece of malware is a trojan, however.

Hmmm i think i am infected : P The name of the virus is: PSW.OnlineGames3.AEJN (i think)

I DID NOT!!! click the fake wowmatrix website and yes i have checked and i'm 100% sure! The right wowmatrix website have been infected.... or thats what my anti-virus program tells me

15+ Year Old Account

PSW.OnlineGames2.AEJN attaches to the wowmatrix executable.

Off-topic: People still use wowmatrix? I thought that thing died out last time it spread a major trojan.

Also, I'm locking this, since the poll and post are completely unrelated to a specific trojan. "This new trojan" isn't very informative, since there are tons of new trojans every day.

Avoiding the "authenticator trojan" is no different than avoiding a normal trojan. Don't go to shady sites, have proper malware/virus detection, and pay attention.