Poll: Whats the best profession combo for tanking?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best profession combo for tanking?

i always wondered what the best 2 were, i think top 3 are JC BS and mining for the good gems,extra sockets and stam,what do you guys think?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best profession combo for tanking?

For tanking only its a tie between JC/Mining and JC/BS. (or JC/LW, JC/Ench)
    JC/BS would be superior if you ever wanted to respec.

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    For tanking only its a tie between JC/Mining and JC/BS. (or JC/LW, JC/Ench)
    JC/BS would be superior if you ever wanted to respec.
    Replace Ench with Alchemy and this is pretty much correct.

They're all pretty much tied, with JC and BS being slightly ahead, and Enchanting or Engineering being slightly behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

I really like Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting. The only way I would change it was if some other profession was way better.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

LW nets just as much stam as JC.

Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing is the best professions for a tank. You have the utility to chose between "avoidance, threat and HP".
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

LW and JC net the most HP.
    JC and BS have the most versatility (you want stam 99% of the time still, but they are really good for the offspec as well).

If you were to make a char NOW and don't have a miner, I'd go with mining/JC or mining/BS.
    I have mining/BS and was farming mats for JC. In the end I had my alt level JC as I thought I'd fuck myself over in cata while leveling BS again

my druid used ench/eng for a while (885 armour on gloves), but switched to JC/ench and was much loving it. the extra HP from those dragon's eye gems were very nice.

i'm sure warrior tanks aren't different. unless something has changed in ICC, sad fact about wotlk, eventually it boils down to HP > all
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    my druid used ench/eng for a while (885 armour on gloves), but switched to JC/ench and was much loving it. the extra HP from those dragon's eye gems were very nice.

i'm sure warrior tanks aren't different. unless something has changed in ICC, sad fact about wotlk, eventually it boils down to HP > all
    For non-druids armor is REALLY good, dunno bout druids as I think there's no leather with added armor at 80

I use LW/JC on my druid
    102 + 153 stamina ftw

I like my 2hour flasks, even though it adds HP instead of stam. JC is one of the most common professions in my guild, to the point where i'm thinking about switching just to NOT be a JC
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

well you pretty much get the same attributes in the end.

JC/BS --> 3+ 51stam gem/2 sock = 60+ stam
    JC/Mining --> 3+ 51stam gem/ 60+stam passove buff from mining
    JC/Ench --> 3+ 51stam gem/30+ stam on each ring = 60+ stam

You can earn money on all comboes , and now that they remove CD from Titansteel - well Mining ccan be beneficial aswell.. and with mining its easy to skill JC.

Enchanting is a good way to earn money anyhows likewise BS where you can make items for youre self :P - so imo they are equally good in their own way -.-

Dont know much bout druid tanking though - so maybe inscription or LW is good for them.. dunno

If you're comparing stamina and basing your opinion on that alone, you're a bad tank. Blacksmithing/JCing gives you the greatest benefit, as they give you stamina if you want it, but also avoidance, threat, or even some block value. You DO carry more than one set of tanking gear for different sitiuations, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Melman
    I use LW/JC on my druid
    102 + 153 stamina ftw
    Actually no, it's 62 + 63 stamina. You could have 40 and 90 in those places even without the LW or JC.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTon
    If you're comparing stamina and basing your opinion on that alone, you're a bad tank. Blacksmithing/JCing gives you the greatest benefit, as they give you stamina if you want it, but also avoidance, threat, or even some block value. You DO carry more than one set of tanking gear for different sitiuations, don't you?
    Please girl..

I got one set and ONE set only. My job is to survive and hold aggro ! my set does that quite perfect, then i may end up in situations where healers have to work their ass off, that just makes me smile !!!

Stamina all the freaking way !!!!!!!!!!!!11111one

Quote Originally Posted by Beiter
    Please girl..

I got one set and ONE set only. My job is to survive and hold aggro ! my set does that quite perfect, then i may end up in situations where healers have to work their ass off, that just makes me smile !!!

Stamina all the freaking way !!!!!!!!!!!!11111one

and I bet your healers hate you for this.

Quote Originally Posted by circ
    and I bet your healers hate you for this.
    I wish i had a picture of the ORLY owl laying around...

If your post is so sarcastic, or borderline trolling, that the only appropriate way to end it is with "!!!!!11One!!" then you need to simmer down. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Beiter
    then i may end up in situations where healers have to work their ass off, that just makes me smile !!!
    So either you're lazy and expect other people to carry you or you're just being facetious and wasting people's time.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

i got mining capped atm and thats about it,any thoughts?