Warrior tank ready for ICC?

oohk so im wondering if im ok to start tanking ICC? just wondering if anybody could give me any tips on whats needed so on? what else i should get and how to get it if possible also if im capped on everything? if like my def, dodge,parry,block and that is all ok? here is my toon Dukalla.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...and&cn=Dukalla
    would be lots of help. thankyou!

Re: Warrior tank ready for ICC?

no where near? or ?

Part of being a good tank is being able to answer the question yourself. If you are coming to a forum with a generic question of "am I good enough with my stats" then you probably will have difficulty adapting to various situations in ICC.

on my old main with naxx 10man gears i tank icc easy without any problem so i dont think u will have any if u know what to do

In before the troll is fed.

Remove your parry gem, if your hp is lacking start stam stacking. It's been proven multiple times that armored to the teeth is more overall TPS then 5/5 cruelty. I suggest moving to a 15/3/53 spec, or at least max armored to the teeth and have two in cruelty. Change your glyph from shockwave, I would suggest putting shield wall, blocking and dev. I would say you can do the first four but festergut would probably shit pump you.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by secret
    on my old main with naxx 10man gears i tank icc easy without any problem so i dont think u will have any if u know what to do
    Lord marrowgar doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyn
    Remove your parry gem, if your hp is lacking start stam stacking. It's been proven multiple times that armored to the teeth is more overall TPS then 5/5 cruelty. I suggest moving to a 15/3/53 spec, or at least max armored to the teeth and have two in cruelty. Change your glyph from shockwave, I would suggest putting shield wall, blocking and dev. I would say you can do the first four but festergut would probably shit pump you.
    with that parry gem i need it for my meta gem to be activated. also ill change my talents around to that. but like whats needed to improve? is my block,dodge and parry ok? and i suppose i need more hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukalla
    with that parry gem i need it for my meta gem to be activated. also ill change my talents around to that. but like whats needed to improve? is my block,dodge and parry ok? and i suppose i need more hp.
    Get dodge/sta or expertise/sta dependant what you need. Gemming parry is not good choice. As suggested change talent and glyphs. Also get better trinket in place of gossamer, ToC 5 hc one is good. Change boots, I don't know where you can get decent boots outside of raiding though. There is something in ToC raid for sure, but it's been so lnog I don't remember which drops drops it. But if you can get into ToC pug look for upgrades tehre. And emblems of frost are your friends, lots of upgrades from there. Oh, and get weapon from hc PoS instead of HoR one, in my opinion it's better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

You're ready for the first 4 bosses in 10 man, none of whom hit the tank particularly hard. Some of the bosses beyond should be fine, Valithria isn't a tank intensive fight. Blood princes isn't too bad if you're running with 2 melee tanks & a range tank. Rotface isn't too hard hitting on the tank.

At a certain point you have to stop asking 'can I do this' and just do it.

P.S. the poster before me means the toc-5 normal trinket not heroic, and I agree - get the black heart

Deleted

oohk so im wondering if im ok to start tanking ICC? just wondering if anybody could give me any tips on whats needed so on? what else i should get and how to get it if possible also if im capped on everything? if like my def, dodge,parry,block and that is all ok? here is my toon Dukalla.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...and&cn=Dukalla
    would be lots of help. thankyou!
    we down first 4 bosses form icc with a tank worst geared then you, so id say you can go, but the problem is, will the pug leaders want to take you??

Switch Meta, use this one: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41380 instead of the one your using. You dont need the Defense anyway. Then use a Dodge/Stamina gem to activate it and fill the remaining slots with Stamina gems.

And like others have said, get the trinket from ToC5. But other than that you should be ready for tanking the first parts of ICC, might be awhile until you down the Lich King, but thats what progressing is all about.

As others have said, you can probably tank the Lower Spire with no issues. Some advice...

1. As others have said, The Black Heart from regular ToC5 is very much worth farming for to replace the Essence.

2. Gemming. Austere Earthsiege Diamond meta. Whether you stam stack or go for particular socket bonuses is a personal thing, but know how to match sockets. If you're under the expertise cap (26) and want a little more threat, get the exp/stam gem in red sockets. Otherwise, the dodge/parry/agi and stamina combo gems all work in a red socket; I prefer the agility/stamina one. For yellow, defense/stamina is your best bet. Also, your Mark of the Relentless looks ungemmed...

3. Minor enchanting nitpicks - Mongoose or Blood Draining on your weapon. I use Tuskarr's Vitality as a boot enchant on every character I have, too - run speed bonuses can't be weighed in numbers.

4. Spec and glyphs: I think you'd be better served with a more standard build like this. Two free points and you can shift some points out of Shield Spec if you want them elsewhere. Third glyph slot can be pretty situational... Cleaving is great for making trash less stressful, Shield Wall makes Shield wall usable more than once a boss. Taunt for tank swap fights. (Note: With the upcoming buff to Revenge in 3.3.3 I'd put two points back into Imp. Revenge.)

But as is you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    we down first 4 bosses form icc with a tank worst geared then you, so id say you can go, but the problem is, will the pug leaders want to take you??
    this. the biggest challenge you will have is getting the raids, not tanking it.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

I'd say probably not as my tank gear is similar to yours maybe even slightly better and in icc 10 I can tank the first 4 bosses quite easily actually and I have seen some very bad geared tanks do these first 4. I tried tanking festergut and healers could just not keep me up, I tried it a few times (when no other guilds tank were on and they wanted one desperatly) and would always die on festergut. maybe a healing issue I don't know but they had no problem keeping paladins/druids up who were all totc 25 gear plus. I also seem tor ecall they could not heal me on rotface. can't say anything about other wings though as never tried to tank them.

I tanked festergut with druid/shaman healing with same gear. Change your gloves enchant to 18 stamina, and match your legs bonus, put 10agi(or dodge)/15 stam in red socket

Well, you should really consider replacing ure armor trinket which sucks, get the one from toc normal with 129 stam or what it was but i would say a few more upgrades then you can tank icc atlest the 4 first bosses, i tanked it with 37k and i'm a dk tank , which is harder to tank with then warrior or paladin, tough i was not mt..
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1555110.jpg

Well, there is a good bit of items you can get quite easy. Toc5 trinket, FoS HC boots, try do do some more ToC25 + ToC10 and ToGC, should get you a good bit better gear. Tanked first quarter with your HP, was no problem for me, but I had imba healzors and the MT pretty much solo tanked marrow as he killed me(heal fail!). But I would not accept you for my raid, but again, Im aiming for more than 4 bosses.

And save your frosts for the trinket, its imba HP