Thread: Odd BQL Biting

Odd BQL Biting

Heya,

So my guild went to BQL last night, and what shoulda been killed quickly, seemed quite odd. We had three attempts in a row where a resto druid was bitten, and one with a disc priest, our healers are no where near the top in threat, or dps, they arent popping any preemptive cooldowns, and now, we are all stumped..

Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Odd BQL Biting

You got screwed by RNG.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

yea seems the lovely lady rng has frowned on you
    Tycat was here

BQL isnt RNG for bites. This is pretty confusing though, since they are supposedly not high on threat (and they shouldnt be, unless your DPS afk's).

Screwed by RNG? It's more like you're getting screwed by bad offtank. According to our research the bite target will always be the one whos under offtank (Player with Blood Mirror) in threat before misdirections or threat reduction talents.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

I read that it might be the 3rd person to establish threat so prehots "might" do it but I don't get it. Is your dps waiting to try and get a certain first bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

Your offtank is slacking, when your offtank starts producing more threat than the dps the dps will start getting bitten. As has been mentioned she will bite the player under the offtank.

according to Omen, the resto druid in question was 17th in threat, the OT is right next to the MT in threat, with me, the mage, a couple percent behind

Then it's bugging, submit a ticket.

Did you use Tricks of the Trade or Misdirection to the offtank? As I said before BQL bites the one whos under offtank in threat table before misdirections or threat reduction talents. Omen is also 3rd party AddOn that is updating slowly and therefor it isn't valid information when it comes to mechanisms like these.

Let's say that offtank has 15,000 threat in omen at 15sec mark. A hunter misdirected 10,000 threat to the offtank so offtank only generated 5,000 threat by himself. At this point BQL thinks offtank has only 5,000 threat and because of that she's not biting a mage who has 14,900 threat in omen because in reality he has much more threat than offtank has. Instead of the mage she's biting a healer with less than 5,000 threat.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Yes, tricks were used, so I think you have found the solution.

But it seems odd that the tank cant outhreat the healers by himself o.o

What is BQL?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnIGEzvTiw
    WATCH IT

Ive had this problem on my pallie when i used rf due to high threat but stopped using it and never happened again

15+ Year Old Account

Excuse my confusion, but does the game not think whoever is second on threat as the "off-tank", so technically if the 51k health tank is 16th on threat, although he is the OT, the game doesn't recognise him as it.

Or is it some kind of cleave mechanic where it picks the player just below the non main target character standing in front of her?

That's very strange. It's definately related to threat in some way, but how the exact mechanic works I'm unaware. I think the point is you need to have a word with your tanks and see what's going on. I find it hard to believe you would be at BQL without noticing that one of your tanks is absolutely useless, so it's probably more likely that he's just slacking. Perhaps the OT just thought he had to sit with the MT and was holding back on aggro at the start to avoid taking it from the MT?

The OT gets blood mirror, so I guess the encounter uses that as its gauge.