Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

how did good pvpers become so good?

good pvpers tell me, what did you do to become so good at your class?

im personally getting better, but im not there yet. only 2000ish rating as ele sham (3v3)
    im aiming for the 2300-2400s this season. my last season high was like 1960, which ive already beaten.

Re: how did good pvpers become so good?

It's easy mate.You master your class.
    After 500 wsg
    After 500 av
    After 500 Ab
    and 500 eots
    and 500 soa
    and 500 IOC
    and then 500 arena's and another 500 you pretty much know what you can handle and what you can't and what to do in every solution.
    Pvp is basically the more you play the better you are.
    Yes they change talent specs etc but the core of the class is still there.
    Look at the world class pvpers they have been playing their class for years.
    Oh and DK's don't count.
    Pew pew

Practice makes perfect. That and some people just have a talent for it.(for the rest of us to envy)
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

are you talking about raiding pullup ? the more you raid the better you get.

ontopic : just know what every class/spec can and teamwork is the key. you need to play alot of games in 3v3 so the teamwork gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mith
    Practice makes perfect.
    /thread

edit: this too
    Quote Originally Posted by Nejo

the more you raid the better you get.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnIGEzvTiw
    WATCH IT

Practise makes perfect.

I think you already know the answers to your questions.

You need to play much(I play atleast 200-300games a week) and all the gladiators in my guild play alot more then that. But thats pretty much it. Play much arena, dont take big breaks from pvp, learn about your class aswell as the other classes. Try to find good people to play with, you will always improve by playing with people that are better then you,

Practice makes perfect. That and some people just have a talent for it.(for the rest of us to envy)
    That and reflexes, the right addons. knowledge off other classes. perfect knowledge off your own class. and the right tactics for everything!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

^ A new and orginal change.. OH WAIT

Inbefore QQ about my avatar if you want removed, but remember, baby seals die in the process off it's removal!!

abstinence

Seriously though... the same way you get good at anything... practice. (outside of those who are naturally gifted)

DK's dont count? What does that even mean, DKs are the most under-represented in arenas (this isn't 3.0, that was a year ago, unless your stuck in some time warp)

Being good requires, imo, an understanding of every class, their abilities, and how they play.
    HoJ a DK at 25% hp so he cant rune tap cuz you know he's blood since you saw a free death coil from sudden doom, all so you can Hammertime at 20% for the kill?

But, to be _successfull_ in areanas, that'll take teamwork/coordination/further situation awareness, where only practice makes perfect.
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.

I think you should duel gorn more often HE IZ VRY TUFF N STRONG! HEHEHEHE

edit - also tell yo mage to use mage armor on caster cleaves HUAH HUAH HEHE HUAH

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

dubble //thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeforums
    I think you should duel gorn more often HE IZ VRY TUFF N STRONG! HEHEHEHE

edit - also tell yo mage to use mage armor on caster cleaves HUAH HUAH HEHE HUAH
    pfft. gorn is ez sauce. and me thinks me found a KTer?

I'm a gladiator mage. Here is what I think you should do:

1) Duel ppl to understand how other classes work and what are their weaknesses.
    2) Play a lot of arenas.
    3) Watch videos of good pvpers.
    4) Get a decent UI. UI is underrated but this is rly important for PVP. Look at pro pvpers ui.

The same way you get to Carnagey Hall.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Work on your binds, make them or learn them off by heart. Make alts of classes you have difficulty with so you know first hand theyre strengths/weaknesses. As a shaman you'll need to know how to kite melee so you don't get globalled

1. Study other classes.
    2. Force yourself to use a focus frame.
    3. Win.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

If you want to become a good PvPer you have to know your class, bind your keys, get a UI, and rely only on yourself
    -Make a talent spec by yourself, compare it to the most used and understand the differences between yours and theirs.
    -Go through your Spellbook.
    -KEYBINDINGS, do not copy them, make them the way you feel more comfortable.
    -Get a cool User Interface that enables you to control everything you need to control (buffs, debuffs, cc's, cd's...).
    -Do not wait for your partner to save you. I hate it when people start QQ'ing because someone did not interrupt or cc'd and they died (they hadn't even used any of they cooldowns).

Okay... and practice.

s6 duelist dk claiming he's good, sigh

on topic, practice, watch movies, decent addons/macros, knowledge of all classes and communication
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Marcc
    -KEYBINDINGS, do not copy them, make them the way you feel more comfortable.
    I have to seperate my dots and direct damage attacks from each other O.O
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnIGEzvTiw
    WATCH IT