Question about Dps / dmg done

well, i dont understand, while raiding, ( atm ) i see im on top 5 dpsers, with about 7-8k dps

But when i check on dmg done, Dks , locks SPs, did more damage althu had less dps than me

Where is the problem?

( Ofc i didnt die )

Re: Question about Dps / dmg done

They may have aoed more.

Quote Originally Posted by omidmash
    They do sustained damage, you do burst damage.
    ye that might be true, thanks

and no, on Rotface u cant aoe ^^

Lets say Marrowgar bonestorms, and everyone runs away from him. The mage pretty much immediately goes "out of combat", where his DPS isnt being recorded. A class with DoT's however will stay in combat (to Recount) as long as their DoT's are on the target. Meaning they will do low DPS for a while (only one or several dot's running), meanwhile stacking up on damage done.

Something like that.
    "I like to tank pugs. It toughens me up and makes my skin as thick as my armour." - mouseno4

Quote Originally Posted by Reverrend
    ye that might be true, thanks

and no, on Rotface u cant aoe ^^
    No but dots still tick when your moving, so there sustained dps over time will be higher because they will be doing damage all the time as while your moving all you have is PoM AB and Abbar, fire blast and ice lance.

I am having a hard time understanding your post, honestly. It is written very poorly. I don't understand how you can expect a respectful answer when you have been immediately disrespectful to your audience by not taking the time to communicate with even a decent approach to grammar, punctuation, and spelling. I will try to answer as best as I can understand your question, though.

If they started their damage earlier and ended after you, their DPS may be lower though their damage higher because it is a Damage/Seconds equation. If you have two people doing damage, one that does a 1,000 damage per second for 10 seconds and one that does 500 damage per second for 25 seconds, the former would have 1000 dps and 10,000 total damage. The latter would have 500 dps and a total damage of 12,500 damage.

guessing you are an arcane mage. and as such your DPS will always show higher on in game meters like recount.

the reason behind this is you dont have DoTs. matter of fact arcane is the only raid viable spec without DoTs right now.

things like recount stop parsing after a few seconds, so if you have to move or are unable to DPS the boss you wont get counted against. unlike say a warlock who, in the same situation, wouldnt be able to "cast" spells but their DoTs would still be ticking keeping recount going while only doing 30% or so of their maximum DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.