Arcane Stability Points

Simple question...Why do I see some Mages only putting 1pt in Arcane Stability instead of 3pts?

Re: Arcane Stability Points

because they like threat reduction more?
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.

At most, I can see 2 points going into Arcane Stability.
    You take 3/3 Arcane Focus (since having less would mean needing more hit on gear -> less sp gems)
    Anything less is sub-optimal.

Less pushback is good, and who cares about threat since your tanks are good
    My guild <Rollin Deep> - See one of these guys? Run. Else you will die.

Their tanks know how to generate threat, and it's essentially "haste" for AB on fights with pushback, and will save you AM ticks losses, especially with improvedconc aura to put you over 60% which is like being 3/5 without.

Also 2/5 is useless. It has the same benefit as 0. You drop a point from subtlety and IA for pushback.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Their tanks know how to generate threat, and it's essentially "haste" for AB on fights with pushback, and will save you AM ticks losses, especially with improvedconc aura to put you over 60% which is like being 3/5 without.
    Yeah my guilds tanks are fine on threat also so that's not a worry. So is it worth it to still put that 1pt in if my guilds Holy Pallys aren't spec'd into Improved Concentration Aura?

Quote Originally Posted by spawn157
    Yeah my guilds tanks are fine on threat also so that's not a worry. So is it worth it to still put that 1pt in if my guilds Holy Pallys aren't spec'd into Improved Concentration Aura?
    I forget the exact missiles lost on an AM with 1-5 points spent, but yes, 1 point will help. 2 will not help more than one unless you have conc. 3 will help more than one, 4 not more than 3 without conc. 5 is full protection but a waste with conc.

1/5 is worth it if you have no need for the threat reduction. I like the threat reduction for stuff like LK raging spirits.

I haven't played my Arcane Mage for a few Tiers, but I remember keeping 2 points in Arcane Stability for raiding to make you immune to losing any missiles from AM.