Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Are we going to need a block mechanic in Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    The problem is not whether DKs will be able to tank without block but the fact that they will be excluded from a lot of gear because it will have block rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDarkmatter
    One thing that is bothering me with these changes is Frost DW, when attack power drops off gear and the non plate classes start getting attack power from agility, all the slow weapons DKs use are pretty much gonna suck.
    I wonder if they are going to to make slow tanking weapons, or slow weapons with strength on them, I doubt this though as Dks would be the only class that would use them, maybe they will just do something with talents.
    Or maybe you could use the reforging system to change the stats you don't want into something you do want.

Re: Are we going to need a block mechanic in Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by LordDarkmatter
    I wonder if they are going to to make slow tanking weapons, or slow weapons with strength on them, I doubt this though as Dks would be the only class that would use them, maybe they will just do something with talents.
    A concern I had not considered, but from all appearances they seem to be further consolidating gear such as with Boomkins and Eles using Spirit for the purposes of Hit to eliminate two sets of gear. I imagine the simple solution would be to give DKs 2AP per Agi. From the sounds of mastery, we will not want to be taking mail or leather anyway except in select situations for DPS specs, so the only real application would be on weapons. Keeps Polearms viable for DPS, keeps 1handers viable for Tanks and DPS.