Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: Is anyone going to miss defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti
    Way to contradict yourself.
    How is that contradicting myself?

I say it isn't a complicated/hard stat to begin with and that removing it is making things even easier

Removing defense from gear in no way even remotely affects the difficulty of tanking. Let's not be silly here. That argument should not be made. People aren't plugging tank gear into spreadsheets and going "ah this gives me more EH"

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marrel
    When i read the blue post i saw that they had mentioned that Rightous Fury would be the paladin version of being "non-critable". I really hope they think this through better, otherwise ret paladins who solo quest and such will be able to burn through mobs without having to worry about being crit at all with absolutely no penalty to their damage or forcing them to use tank only abilities such as with defensive stance and bear form.
    I've also read previous blue posts saying that crit immune will come from talents, my guess is there'll be some talent along the lines of "your chance to be critically hit by non-players is reduced by 6% while in <defensive form>" in the tank trees.

Now that I think about it... which tree would that fall under for DKs?
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    I've also read previous blue posts saying that crit immune will come from talents, my guess is there'll be some talent along the lines of "your chance to be critically hit by non-players is reduced by 6% while in <defensive form>" in the tank trees.

Now that I think about it... which tree would that fall under for DKs?
    Blizz announced it would be blood, but i think in the Feral tree there is a set of talents that reduces your chance to be critically hit, i'm guessing they will just make this for all tanking spec's. It would not make sense (in the paladin's case) to be able to become non-crittable just by using rightous fuy, this would definetly make ret's with righteous fury on very hard to kill in PVP and it is just a terrible idea. I like the idea of defense cap coming from your talent tree's tho.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Plague Atheart
    I find that I do really like def only because of the extra avoidance it brings.
    Yeah, basically the same here.