Resists, M. Attacks & Diseases.

Hi everyone,

I'm here to show and ask if anyone know a better way to avoid this to happem, on boss fights(raid), my diseases and magic attacks like the shadow part of SS, or IT/DC have part of their dmg resisted in fights, like on this picture and I dont know a better way to avoid it, maybe spell pen? And on most fights we got locks locks casting something to reduce shadow resist.

Well... if it help here's the link for my armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Log%C3%A4n

Re: Resists, M. Attacks & Diseases.

Im pretty sure there's nothin you can do about it. Its part of the game

SpellPen solves it, but I'm pretty sure you never want to gem SpellPen for PvE.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&cn=Dralidoth

It's just natural. I'm assuming you don't have a caster, we get this all the time. Nothing you can do about it I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dralidoth
    SpellPen solves it, but I'm pretty sure you never want to gem SpellPen for PvE.
    Actually, Spell Penetration wouldn't solve it. It only works for PvP (or something like that, I can't remember exactly what it does with pvE).

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowwiki
    In PvE, targets of a higher level than the caster have a base resistance (2% of mitigation per level difference) which cannot be overcome by spell penetration nor by any other stat. Otherwise, very few mobs and raid-level bosses have a substantial amount of resistance to overcome.

just to look at this, my shadow part of SS and DC have 1k+ resisted sometimes, and this part of diseases being resisted is a total dps loss. I'm looking for a good solution to not have much dmg loss on the transition to make it a minimum dmg resisted

Well at least with the change to SS a smaller amount of dmg will be resisted, only because a smaller portion will be spell dmg.

Buy ya, never gem Spell Pen as PVE. It's the fastest way to being laughed out of a raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Just like glancing blows can not be done away with. Its part of the game mechanics.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Deleted

there are 2 kinds of spells resistances

the first one is because of a resist mechanic (frost paladins aura, etc...), the second one is a lvl difference between you and the target (bosses)... for the first one spell penetration is usefull (that's why pvp players use spell pen gems) for the second one you can't do anything about it... live with it like any other caster.

Doesn't Curse of Elements remove all potential partial resists? At least it did in BC.

They may have changed it, still hunting on info for it.

You will always get partial resists against higher level mobs, there is no way to remove them.

I think the exact amount for bosses is an average of 6% of your spell damage gets resisted, and that comes in chunks of 0%, 10% and 20% resists.