Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Getting dodges and misses while both capped

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock
    you will never truly be "hit-capped"
    no matter how high your hit rating is you will still miss with some abilities sometimes,
    On my fury warr I got ~13% hit, unbuffed, and I'm still seing them yellow miss'es poping up now and then..

same goes for exp cap I guess : <
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock
    you will never truly be "hit-capped"
    no matter how high your hit rating is you will still miss with some abilities sometimes,
    On my fury warr I got ~13% hit, unbuffed, and I'm still seing them yellow miss'es poping up now and then..

same goes for exp cap I guess : <
    why would you want 13% hit on a warr? you only need 5% as fury
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Mobs cant parry if ur behind the target, n 26 expertise is soft cap not hard cap thats like 45 or something

you need 8% to be hit capped with special attacks but you would need 33% hit, to hit everything with normal attacks. This is why you miss.

You still haven't told us if your weapon skill is maxxed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.

Quote Originally Posted by gobtol
    You still haven't told us if your weapon skill is maxxed out.
    Because it would be emberassing! :P

Well, it's going away in 4.0 anyway, so who cares, amirite?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&cn=Dralidoth

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wildi
    you need 8% to be hit capped with special attacks but you would need 33% hit, to hit everything with normal attacks. This is why you miss.
    he is using a 2hander, so... no... 8% is his white cap too.

Since your a human DK and the last post you made stated that your character name was Belladonnah either you have name changed in the past two months or none of the information you have provided so far can be trusted. No one with that name has earned shadow's edge. If you want some actual info please post your actual info.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...3%9Felladonnah

I didn't post the armory because the stats have changed since that happened, it was on blood council heroic, since I was dodging anyway I decided to stay a bit bellow the cap now since I'd probably dodge the same and since I have still some spare GCD to hit.
    Previously I had the frost emblem cloak with some other gear pieces gemmed with hit to be hitcaped.

Well with the current gear set, you're below the exp cap, but you probably knew that. What class was the dranei providing the aura? If it was a caster, it was very possible that they went out of range during the fight, putting you below the hit cap. Were you missing on Putricide? The debuff that you get from standing near the bombs is -15% hit.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

ive had the same problem, think its a base miss chance u cant cap around.
    I must warn u never to post something like this on mmo;
    'durpadur icy touch misses'
    'durpadur UR NOT CAPPED!1'
    'durpadur u sure u had draenei?'
    'durpadur weapon skill'

everyone will just assume ur retarded :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    ive had the same problem, think its a base miss chance u cant cap around.
    Get enough hit rating and you won't miss, there are no hidden unpreventable misses that can't be removed by hit rating.

I'm guessing your pet is getting dodged and you can't tell the difference. Are you using Recount? If so, you should check and see which ability is actually getting dodged. If you can't find it on recount then you're not getting dodged.

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    With regards to your expertise problem, the game UI rounds up expertise on your paper doll, while the actual chance of a hit being dodged or parried is based on your expertise rating.. If you have less than 26 expertise, it may not be reflected on your character sheet.
    Wrong, if 26 is shown then you're at 6,5% or higher. If you're at 6,48% it'll show as 25. [Have two sets of gear, one puts me exactly at expertise cap, one is 2 rating below.]

Quote Originally Posted by wildi
    8% for Melee, 19% extra for white attacks when dual-wielding ---> 27%

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Check what the expertise tooltip says..maybe you're at 6.48% lesser chance do be dodged (don't know if something like that is possible)...and you just got unlucky. For misses, are you sure the draenei was in your group(!)? Because the aura is not raidwide.
    Wrong, it IS raidwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    Wrong, it IS raidwide.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28878

I don't play alliance but that doesn't look raid wide to me.

My god so much misinformation in this thread.

Hit cap and exp dodge cap are just that, when you get them your melee swings cannot miss and cannot be dodged. Period.

Do you have a log of the night to confirm the misses/dodges?

Quote Originally Posted by revodka
    So today I noticed I was getting a lot of dodges and misses in our 10 man raid. I have 7.04% hit + 1% from draenei aura so a bit more than 8% that is the cap, I also had 26 exp and still did get some of my attacks dodged. Anyone having the same problem ? Looks like both hit and exp caps aren't really working for me ....
    Happens to be as bear- so i gemmed more expertise ( over the cap ) and still i got parried sometimes.
    It's fucked up i dunno.
    Got 7.59% hit + goat aura from raid and 42 xpertise atm.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

8% is the soft hit cap for melee. And so far i know the hard cap still is around 20% for melee to not miss a single attack including the yellow strikes. Many people still forget this, best hit you can have is still 8% unbuffed and for bosses to have like 2% more so you would miss alot less

why would you want 13% hit on a warr? you only need 5% as fury
    that ain`t true either, it`s still highly recommended as fury warrior to have the 8% without talents they might have removed the penalty but to maximize your dps it`s recommended to have more

Quote Originally Posted by crayven
    Happens to be as bear- so i gemmed more expertise ( over the cap ) and still i got parried sometimes.
    It's fucked up i dunno.
    Got 7.59% hit + goat aura from raid and 42 xpertise atm.
    That's because the cap for parry is higher than the cap for dodge. 26 is only the cap for dodges, but you need much much more to never get parried. Normally it isn't an issue for melee dps since they're behind the boss, but it does allow tanks to still get parried.

Quote Originally Posted by fezz
    looking at all the responses, i see that alot of people forget the fact that the 8% hit cap on melee is for lvl 80 mobs... a boss is considered a higher lvl. This is why 8% is the SOFT hit cap for melee, because it`s fine for heroics or atleast most heroics. The hard cap still is around 20% for melee to not miss a single attack including the yellow strikes. Many people still forget this, best hit you can have is still 8% unbuffed and for bosses to have like 2% more so you would miss alot less

that ain`t true either, it`s still highly recommended as fury warrior to have the 8% without talents they might have removed the penalty but to maximize your dps it`s recommended to have more
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

That sums it up pretty nicely.