Page 1 of 2
LastLast

deterrence nerf in expansion

hello what do you think about the deterrence nerf in the expansion? it gives 100% chance to avoid spells and 100% chance to parry attacks but now parrying attacks only reduces damage 50%. i dont think hunters need this nerf

10+ Year Old Account

Re: deterrence nerf in expansion

Deterrence doesn't parry, it deflects. And if I'm wrong on that, then they'll fix it so that it's balance. Everything is going to need re-balancing anyway.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=19263

Does say specifically 'Parry Chance', but I think Malthurius is correct, they will have to adjust it.

Deterrance needs a nerf IMO.

I think if they got rid of the pacify effect it'd actually be pretty good with the damage reduction for consecutive attacks after parrying. But we'll have to wait for the expansion won't we

Quote Originally Posted by Kalti
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=19263

Does say specifically 'Parry Chance', but I think Malthurius is correct, they will have to adjust it.
    You can be cheap shotted while deterrance is up, which supports this hypothesis. It is a very strange spell to work around for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceara
    Let the glyph lower its CD to 1 minute, and remove it from getting refreshed by readiness, and Ill be fine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deterrence reflects attacks not parry, so it doesn't affect it. Also, Deterrence is fine as it is.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ceara
    What about bubble and iceblock? Those are a waaaaaaay more powerfull, they remove dots and make you completely immune to damage, Deterance does not.... Deterance just give you 100% chance to parry and to spell defelct, so if a melee class has a LOT of expertise, they should in fact to able to hit you anyways.

You people really need to learntoread :P

Deterrence gives you

- 100% parry against melee strikes
    - 100% avoidance for ranged attacks
    - 100% chance to deflect spells

So actually the changes on parry will affect it.
    An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analysing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    You can be cheap shotted while deterrance is up, which supports this hypothesis. It is a very strange spell to work around for sure.
    No, it's fairly simple, the reason you can get Cheap Shotted is because Cheap Shot can not be parried or dodged (the tooltip doesn't say this but that's how it works), much like Overpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnious
    What about bubble and iceblock? Those are a waaaaaaay more powerfull, they remove dots and make you completely immune to damage, Deterance does not.... Deterance just give you 100% chance to parry and to spell defelct, so if a melee class has a LOT of expertise, they should in fact to able to hit you anyways.
    lol? It's an effect that gives 100% chance to parry. You can't negate that with expertise. Hell, expertise capped in PvE with 26/26 for rogues is 6.5% reduced chance to be parried. You expect someone to stack 20x that in order to hit you on a CD?that's like 4000 expertise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    No, it's fairly simple, the reason you can get Cheap Shotted is because Cheap Shot can not be parried or dodged (the tooltip doesn't say this but that's how it works), much like Overpower.
    You also can't parry from behind, but it's possible to avoid damage from killing spree, a move that constantly teleports the rogue behind his target for every strike.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    You also can't parry from behind, but it's possible to avoid damage from killing spree, a move that constantly teleports the rogue behind his target for every strike.
    They fixed that awhile ago. It still negates it, even from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

15+ Year Old Account

That's because deterrence has a 360 degree parry arc, it's still proper parries.

15+ Year Old Account

Pretty sure Killing Spree doesn't teleport you to the target's back (that's shadowstep), otherwise warriors wouldn't be able to make combat rogues eat dirt with retaliation (retaliation doesn't work for attacks made on the warrior's back as said on the tooltip).

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tet
    Pretty sure Killing Spree doesn't teleport you to the target's back (that's shadowstep), otherwise warriors wouldn't be able to make combat rogues eat dirt with retaliation (retaliation doesn't work for attacks made on the warrior's back as said on the tooltip).
    nope, killing spree puts the rogue behind its target for, if one target, 3 times and attacks the target with each weapon 3 times. when the ability is done he is still behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe
    That's because deterrence has a 360 degree parry arc, it's still proper parries.
    Interestingly enough, killing spree still works on deterrance, if not all of the time. I've learned the ins and outs of deterrence failures many times in duels and 2s.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    lol? It's an effect that gives 100% chance to parry. You can't negate that with expertise. Hell, expertise capped in PvE with 26/26 for rogues is 6.5% reduced chance to be parried. You expect someone to stack 20x that in order to hit you on a CD?that's like 4000 expertise.
    Start reading dude..... Didn't I say a LOT?
    And you missed my point, since I am no melee expert I do not know the exact stats that is needed, I just pointed out that it is possible... The biggest thing is that Deterance aren't that good afterall compered to ohter "OH FUCK!" abbilities

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by B@nj0 P3do
    nope, killing spree puts the rogue behind its target for, if one target, 3 times and attacks the target with each weapon 3 times. when the ability is done he is still behind us.
    Interesting enough, Retal still does work against Killing Spree, which is weird as hell. That is, unless warriors just turn fast enough to face a rogue before he strikes.