Page 1 of 3
LastLast

WotLK, taking one for the team.

Soooooooo many people seem to bitch and whine about how horrid WotLK is and how easy hardmodes are.
    First off, if you're bored with how easy the game is blizzard made something just for you HARDmodes. Stop the bitching please.

Now lets gets back on topic: WotLK, blizzard's guinea pig.
    So WotLK introduced a LOT of new features into the game, if you think about it, WotLK sacrificed itself so blizzard could test out all of their new ideas which they have stated they have, for the most part, perfected and plan to impliment into future X-pacs.
    Some of these features include:
    10 and 25man raids for every raid
    Hardmodes
    Vehicles
    Destructible buildings
    A new class
    Passenger mounts
    Acheivments
    A decent emblem system
    Weekly raids
    Random Dungeon finder
    Made more specs/classes feel useful
    More diversity when it came to loot
    and most of all: Phasing

Blizzard had to test all these features and more somehow in order to perfect them, yes some arnt really balanced like we want them to be. But think of it this way, Blizzard had to and wouldve tested these features out eventually, i'm just glad they did it now so that things will be better in the future.

Think of it this way, WotLK took one for the team, blizzard tested many new features out on it and perfected quite a few, this means we can expect even better, more enjoyable X-pacs and features in the future. I hope that Blizzard puts a lot of time and manpower into Cata and all their future X-pacs. I cant wait for a WoW newer and better than ever before.

"Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

10+ Year Old Account

Re: WotLK, taking one for the team.

This man gets it. Finally someone does.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Very good insight. It makes sense and you are indeed Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_jesus
    Soooooooo many people seem to bitch and whine about how horrid WotLK is and how easy hardmodes are.
    First off, if you're bored with how easy the game is blizzard made something just for you HARDmodes. Stop the bitching please.

Now lets gets back on topic: WotLK, blizzard's guinea pig.
    So WotLK introduced a LOT of new features into the game, if you think about it, WotLK sacrificed itself so blizzard could test out all of their new ideas which they have stated they have, for the most part, perfected and plan to impliment into future X-pacs.
    Some of these features include:
    10 and 25man raids for every raid
    Hardmodes
    Vehicles
    Destructible buildings
    A new class
    Passenger mounts
    Acheivments
    A good emblem system
    and most of all:Phasing

Blizzard had to test all these features and more somehow in order to perfect them, yes some arnt really balanced like we want them to be. But think of it this way, Blizzard had to and wouldve tested these features out eventually, i'm just glad they did it now so that things will be better in the future.

Think of it this way, WotLK took one for the team, blizzard tested many new features out on it and perfected quite a few, this means we can expect even better, more enjoyable X=pacs and features in the future. I hope that Blizzard puts a lot of time and manpower into Cata and all their future X=pacs. I cant wait for a WoW newer and better than ever before.

^^^ THE MAN

15+ Year Old Account

This is correct, Wotlk is a waiting room if you will, a test site for future experiments to be perfected.
    Expect Cataclysm to be alot better, although i like wotlk for the availability in raids, i dont have time to be a hardcore raider

Your entire post is correct sir!

15+ Year Old Account

So what your saying Dark Side is.. WotLK was merely a setback, just a stepping stone to a much larger expansion with all these features perfected? :P I suck at meme's I know.

good job Jesus, what you say si true. It's also the reason I don't get bent out of shape over WotLK. If people went back and played BC now I guarantee it would feel very empty.

10+ Year Old Account

well like you said they had to tested it somewhere yeah Cataclysm is gonna be better do to WOTLK

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    So what your saying Dark Side is.. WotLK was merely a setback, just a stepping stone to a much larger expansion with all these features perfected? :P I suck at meme's I know.

good job Jesus, what you say si true. It's also the reason I don't get bent out of shape over WotLK. If people went back and played BC now I guarantee it would feel very empty.
    While your meme is indeed weak, your wisdom is strong. thats the best way to sum it up(so far), its merely a stepping stone to a much larger expansion with all these features perfected. Good interpretation

I agree with this. WOTLK used a lot of Experimental Game Mechanics. Most worked, a few didn't, and I am personally happy with the end result. Can't wait until Cataclysm when Blizzard applys the lessons learned by the few flaws of WOTLK.

There is a whole lot of truth and excellent insight.

In that regard, the success of Cataclysm will be thanks to the failures of Wrath.

Finally the qq can stop.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    While your meme is indeed weak, your wisdom is strong. thats the best way to sum it up(so far), its merely a stepping stone to a much larger expansion with all these features perfected. Good interpretation
    and when Cataclysm is over the Next Expansion will be somewhere between Legendary annd Artifact if not higher cuase it might be there now.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

15+ Year Old Account

Actualy, after cataclysm, it will go back into a experimental phase while they prep insane fight mechanics for the Crusade To Argus expansion

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by asmodaie
    There is a whole lot of truth and excellent insight.

In that regard, the success of Cataclysm will be thanks to the failures of Wrath.

Finally the qq can stop.
    yeah nice your name is from Aion and oh the QQ will never stop theres to many whiney litle bitches out there and like the old saying you cant please all the people alll of the time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Good lord I hope your right. Wotlk has been a little dissapointing for me personally for various reasons. Maybe I'm being over pessemistic (or however you spell it) but im not holding hope as much for cata as i was for wotlk. I hope im proven wrong. Also I think im the only player in exsistence who found almost 0 replayability in northrend content for levelling, ive levelled 3 80's and the second and third time nearly drove me to vomit induced insanity. levelling in old world and outlands i throughly enjoyd countless times but it took me several weeks to get 80 on my 2 alts. ( my pally got levelled to 73 through outlands aswell, thats how much i wanted to avoid northrend )
    I am a human and I'm inside your head " " Not for long Human! " he laughed " I am a tactical MASTER! " he grabbed a knife and plunged it into his head " DIE NAO HUMAN... " " OMFG did you just stab yourself in the head?! that's F'ing awesome! "

15+ Year Old Account

I knew a asmosia from before Aion came out

10+ Year Old Account

Darkside the Maelstrom is a gimme that its gonna be a expansion and ill be dam if Kul Tiras turns into a Fucking BG or Sanctuary those people hate the Orcs as much as Gilneans Fuck the horde they can have the Capital of the Trolls or Undermine idc which

and for the love of god we need an Island Expansion and think about it an island expansion with flighting mounts wouldnt have worked if there were big gaps when we flew to the mainlands this is the first part of a two part mega expansion

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang the Noble
    Darkside the Maelstrom is a gimme that its gonna be a expansion and ill be dam if Kul Tiras turns into a Fucking BG or Sanctuary those people hate the Orcs as much as Gilneans Fuck the horde they can have the Capital of the Trolls or Undermine idc which

and for the love of god we need an Island Expansion and think about it an island expansion with flighting mounts wouldnt have worked if there were big gaps when we flew to the mainlands this is the first part of a two part mega expansion
    After taking a sec to figure out what you were saying, i can only see two more expansions in WoWs future
    1) The maelstrom- final boss, Azshara lvl 85-90
    2) Crusade to Argus-final boss Sargeras lvl 90-100
    and by then the new MMO will come out.

Still doesn't explain them ruining Arthas' lore.

Quote Originally Posted by heyitsmexd
    Still doesn't explain them ruining Arthas' lore.
    Alright, how did they ruin Arthas's lore?

I figured there would be a thread where everyone would agree about this sooner or later. The signs were all there. vehicle based combat, wider options of raiding, Bind on Account items, raid difficulty, etc. etc. etc.

On a related note, I would say (as i have said before) that the entire reason that many people were going into a frenzy about how Random Dungeons ruined everything forever, is simply because they got the system to work late into the game.

Nobody would've been complaining if it was introduced at the very beginning of the game. Hell I'd probably guess that the forum denizens here would've been ALOT happier about the game if this happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.