Possible Variant Blood Tank spec

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0E0q...Gx0xV0hZ0x:mRi

So I was wondering how this would work out. Would there be not enough threat?

And if that extra 3% mitigation would be worth it.
    "We do not offer freedom of speech on our forums."

Re: Possible Variant Blood Tank spec

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0E0V...Gx0xhMhZ0x:oai

Changed spec around dropping Death Strike going with Obliterate and gaining 4% extra str and 3% extra crit.

The 3% avoidance (which is worse than -3% dmg taken) is not worth losing the deep blood threat talents, and REALLY not worth losing the healing from death-strike.

The threat would be awful with either of those builds. terrible.

I dont think this would work in my opinion, Your missing Heart strike so your AoE threat will be lacking even more, which was already pretty low for blood. Imp blood presence is also useless for tanking as the healing from it is almost negligible, that really depends on your healer, and if that 4% healing makes or breaks your group i think you need to invest in another healer. Rune tap and Mark of blood have been pretty bad for tanking for a while now as ive come to understand so they are wasted points in the build as well. Also killing machine under frost will be next to useless as well since it only guarantees a crit with IT, Howling blast and Frost strike, the last two you dont have talented. Spell deflection in blood is also bad because it is too rng based and even then its only a 45% reduction. Overall i think this build is greatly lacking in threat and i think you will have a hard time keeping up with the AoE threat you need to put out.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EhV...Gx0xhMhZ0x:oai

revised again dropping useless points. Mainly I would not be thinking about AoE tanking with this build but mainly boss fights.

Blood already has terrible AoE threat; dropping Epidemic, Morbidity, and Heart Strike make that even worse. Obliterate is meh without CotG, GoG, Rime, and arguably ToT, and you've chosen Hysteria and Imp. BP over Imp. DS for some reason. Not to mention, y'know, not having Blood Gorged, which is pretty major. So your single target threat is pretty terrible too, and you don't have your self healing anymore. You're giving up a *lot* for that 3% miss chance (though RPM and IIT are pretty hot).

Quote Originally Posted by shockedandawed
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EhV...Gx0xhMhZ0x:oai

revised again dropping useless points. Mainly I would not be thinking about AoE tanking with this build but mainly boss fights.
    You changed it but still in a bad way, Endless winter isnt very good for tanking, you should drop it, go will chill of the grave if you must, without guile of gorefiend the whole wanting to use Obliterate isnt going to get you very far, dps used to be able to make up for that by being arp capped but as a tank you wont come close. And you should just resign yourself to knowing that you will have to AoE tank, thats the direction of the game, and we all have to live with it, i mean if you whole group wipes on trash cause the tank cant hold threat then you reallly arent going to be tanking any bosses. Oh well, do what you want and if you make it work somehow feel free to taunt me with it, id stick to using the more efficient builds if i were you though.

10+ Year Old Account

You threw out some of the best Blood talents, but took Spell Deflection.

/thread. The build - all of them - is horrible for every imaginable purpose, except making baby Mograine cry: if he'd see it, he'd commit suicide.

I think enough people have commented on why that spec is a bad idea. I'd suggest sticking with the cookie cutter ones, or a slightly different version of them. Specs are considered cookie cutter for a reason: they have been proven time and time again to work.

/locked
    - Kumduh