Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Mages VS Lich King

Hmm im not sure what your problem is.

I have 28,5k mana ub (im still using the int trinket since i dont have anything better)
    I do aswell run out of mana by end of P1 with 1 managem gone, however I do fish for my procs during the whole phase, some tries I had to stop fishing at around 75% boss HP due to mana probs, but the moment P2 starts I use evocate and no more probs after that.
    Also I cant see why arcane sholuldnt be able to do decent DPS in this fight. Okay, we always have a disc priest which gives me quite a lot of absorbed SP over the whole fight, by the end of P1 10,5-11k DPS is always possible... of course it drops after P1 but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe
    Thanks for all the replys:

To answer some questions

I use mana gems (Obviously)
    I have around 33k mana buffed
    I am refering to 10 man, i should have mentioned that.

As far as waiting for a MBproc, it makes sense to push as much damage as possible to avoid the fight straining the healers mana. We roll with a melee stacked group so i rarely get totems or anything to improve my dps allowing me to accept 3AB stacks.

P1.5 ( or 2) seems to be the worst part for mana, one person stated that they manage to get an Evocate off in that time... Well the adds (Ones that spawn from people, cant remember the name) need to die fast or you end up bringing 2 into the next phase. So that isnt really an option.

Has anyone attempted this fight as Fire or Frost? with decent results ofc?
    No wai it's usually just me(UH DK) and bran(enh sham)/spliffy(combat rogue) with 2sps and a demolock/elesham
    Evocate at p1.5 start there's plenty of time to blink to edge and IV Evo before the first vile spirit spawns out of someone.
    STFU and kill shit.

I seriously do not see how anyone has mana issues as arcane. I personaly rarely even cast arcane barrage, not even to clear my arcane blast stacks. I just keep going with arcane blast until I get mbarr proc. I only fire an arcane barrage on the move, it is only situational, not for clearing AB. That dropped out of rotation when TOC came out. As long as you manage your mana CD's properly then you are doing your job as an arcane mage. That is the main part about being arcane, the point is to finish the fight OOM with everything on cooldown. All about the timing.

i agree im progressing on LK 25 atm and i really dont have any issue at all as arcane, sometimes my RNG sucks with Mbarr procs but yeah i am spamming Arcane blast Till Mbarr, and i still dont have mana issues,. just make sure just when u hit 80% mana pop mana gem,. when u hit 35% pop Evocation. and go after that rule as much as posseble. unless this helps your mostlikely missing couple of buffs.

After 4AB and no Missile Barrage proc, launch arcane barrage and start over.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jeefus
    How are people still insisting on this? This has been discussed, like what, forever? NEVER use Abarr while standing still. If you don't want to fish for procs, clear your stacks with AM, it generates the highest dps and takes a breathtaking 400 or so extra mana compared to Abarr.

OT: I have no mana issues on this fight and I don't use the frost ward + remorseless winter thing. When P1 is about to end and go into transition phase, be on your toes. Don't clear your AB stacks up at the end of P1, if save your Mbarr for like 70.5%. Then throw Mbarr. As soon as he starts to run, blink to your position in trans phase (you should be in range) and evo asap. During these ~5 seconds you will not be interrupted by anything. As he runs and casts remorseless winter takes roughly the same amount of time. I have done this every single LK we've done and I've never been cut on my evo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Threaten your druids to innervate you, or else...
    No but really, as arcane you shouldn't be AOEing, incase you're doing that.

how the fuck can you be going OOM? just use your evo when the times is right...
    banned 5 times and still counting

Quote Originally Posted by zomglol
    how the fuck can you be going OOM? just use your evo when the times is right...
    Insult and a suggestion 50 others have already posted. Real helpful there.

I haven't played in about a year... and even I'm wondering how you're going oom on this. I literally just read up on the fight, watched a few videos and I can pretty much guarantee I wouldn't oom as Arcane.

Your problem HAS to be your rotation.
    Don't AoE the ads(I don't think you're doing that, but meh)
    Don't wait for mbar on x4 stack.
    If you feel like you're a bit low on mana, reduce the stacks.

Basic mage stuff really.

If you're still having problems managing your mana, try to find some Mage PoVs of the 10 and 25 man versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeefus
    You're better off using arcane missiles without proc to clear the stack than arcane barrage.

The only situation you ever want to use arcane barrage in is when you must move for so long that your arcane blast stack will drop before you can refresh it / spend it on arcane missiles.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe
    For starters: Which spec should be used?

I have attempted using Arcane, only to find myself out of mana at the start of P3 (Valkire Phase)
    I have used fire, however in all honestly the single target dps doesnt live up to what it should at certain points in the fight.
    And frost.... well its frost. Mana is ok but the damage is just poor by any standards.

I am used to pulling 7-8k dps however at key points im almost sitting doing nothing waiting for Evo or a Gem to come off CD, which can and does usually mean that someone gets dragged to their death.

Cant link a Armory Profile, however i am at around 1k haste and over 3.5k SP buffed: Is the haste ooming me? or does spamming 4AB's waiting for a MB proc just not viable in this type of fight?

Note: Phase 2 i use Frost ward to gain as much mana as i can, however its never enough to make a large difference.

Thanks for the comments in advance.
    Arcane is by far better imo. The burst on valkyrs and raging spirits will help a big deal.

If your stats are that high you should be hanging at around 31k mana fully raidbuffed. And what I assume you fail with is letting evocation be beaten down by infest or the AoE in the outer-ring phase.

I'm normally poppin all my cd's in the start, and timing a missile barrage when MI is ending followed up by an evocation. Usually i'm at 40%ish mana at that point. Next time my evocation will be up at the time the first spirit spawns or a bit after.
    You really need to make sure you don't wait with evocation cd up, if you're at 40% mana or so, and time it right so it doesn't get pwnd by pushback.

Doing frostward whenever it might benefit you is ideal, and might help you with mana, but might not also. Don't count on it. You have managems to count on, if the mana is needed, as a manapotion if you really have it bad.

Manatide totem also works wonders, so try to cry for a spot with the resto shamans party if you use one.

Oh and if you are really starved with mana, doing 3ab+mbar works.

1. Depends on which race you are. As a bloodelf, I macro a mana gem with Arcane Torrent
    /cast Arcane Torrent /use mana sapphire
    The arcane torrent allows you to gain more mana from that gem.

2. When i pop my cooldowns, I will just Arcane Blast until there is 3 sec left to icy veins. Use the last 3 secs to EVO to get back to full mana. pop a gem if you are not at full mana yet. This is very important. You will be able to use ur normal rotations until it is time to cast EVO and gem again.

3. On a long fight like this, until I hit the 50% mark of my mana, I will do my usual rotations ABx4 AM (never finish off with AB. such a waste)
    Then after I will cast AM the moment I proc. Or you could ABx3 AM, whichever is more sustainable for u. and pray that clearcasting comes up often.

4. You could evo again at 30%. Never wait till you almost run out of mana.

5. A manaless mage is the same as a dead mage. I can understand.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by arianea
    1. Depends on which race you are. As a bloodelf, I macro a mana gem with Arcane Torrent
    /cast Arcane Torrent /use mana sapphire
    The arcane torrent allows you to gain more mana from that gem.

2. When i pop my cooldowns, I will just Arcane Blast until there is 3 sec left to icy veins. Use the last 3 secs to EVO to get back to full mana. pop a gem if you are not at full mana yet. This is very important. You will be able to use ur normal rotations until it is time to cast EVO and gem again.

3. On a long fight like this, until I hit the 50% mark of my mana, I will do my usual rotations ABx4 AM (never finish off with AB. such a waste)
    Then after I will cast AM the moment I proc. Or you could ABx3 AM, whichever is more sustainable for u. and pray that clearcasting comes up often.

4. You could evo again at 30%. Never wait till you almost run out of mana.

5. A manaless mage is the same as a dead mage. I can understand.
    No a manaless mage can wand, its still a small % of dps but its better then doing no dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    You're better off using arcane missiles without proc to clear the stack than arcane barrage.

The only situation you ever want to use arcane barrage in is when you must move for so long that your arcane blast stack will drop before you can refresh it / spend it on arcane missiles.
    I have no idea why people don't get this.

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3wvoWndfCw

part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntDUhcjCVg8

15+ Year Old Account

since the thread had diverted into how to fight the LK as arcane, I'll just post what I do on the fight as fire.

I run this fight as fire personally, mostly for the adds in P1 and the adds in P5 (40%-10%). What I tend to do is pop all my cooldowns at the start of the fight. I will then keep Living Bomb on all adds. if I cannot LB anything I'll Fireball and scorch until a Hot Streak procs. Generally because of the number of LBs I throw out is so much, I will tend to have a HS proc streak that I use on the Lich King. I keep this up until P2 (1st Transistion). I then blink away from the group and evocate (I'm generally at about 30-50% mana at this point). I go throw P2 and mana gem at the end of the phase. P3, on 25 I living bomb all three Valks and single target the ones that need to die the quickest/closest. 10man it's single target since it's only 1. generally half-way to 2/3rds of the way through the phase I will evocate once it is back up. P4 (2nd transition is when our guild burns heroism to deal with the extra add that appears in this phase so I tend to blow my cds for this phase. P5 is when I'm strickly on the souls that appear. My living bomb is set up in a mouseover macro so I tend to move my mouse over the adds and living bomb everything I can until they start dropping. I then start kiting any that chase me and Pyro on the run when I get a hot streak. If I get targeted for Harvest soul I dps the add and counterspell the cast that the add does to the king. If there is no adds up, I will get back onto the boss.

Overall, I am generally in the top 5-8 in 25 and 2nd or 3rd in our 10mans on dps meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jontus
    I have no idea why people don't get this.

part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3wvoWndfCw

part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntDUhcjCVg8

And I don't know why you are attacking shamblers in P1...

I'm in the same boat as you(except my SP is way lower). If you have a resto druid with lots of mana ask them for innervate or a disp priests PI.
    http://www.sassygoatmilksoap.com/

Make sure once your on to listen a bit for the song!