Keyboard Turner

[Balance] DPS & Rotation Help

So Im another Balance Druid that needs help with its rotation/dps. I rolled a druid as a healer and that's all I ever played it as... joined a guild that wanted a Boomie not healer so changed over and I have failed ever since.

I know there is most likely so much that I am getting wrong so any hints/tips/slaps over the head that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. These logs are from before I enchanted my weapon and upgrade my gem to a greater (had just standard low gems/enchants on during the run... those things are expensive when you only have 5k in the bank!)

Armory - us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Oomish/simple
    Gruul - warcraftlogs.com/reports/qLZa1mWPb6GYMzvQ#fight=20&type=summary&source=12
    Oregorger - warcraftlogs.com/reports/qLZa1mWPb6GYMzvQ#fight=27&type=summary&source=12
    Operator - warcraftlogs.com/reports/qLZa1mWPb6GYMzvQ#fight=10&type=summary&source=12
    Beastlord - warcraftlogs.com/reports/qLZa1mWPb6GYMzvQ#fight=6&type=summary&source=12

So yeah, thanks in advance for any help and advice you give me and yes I know Im probably murdering how a Boomie should be played

Cheers

Aimosity (Oomish)

To open with, use inc+potion around 3sec to pull. When there is one sec left, make sure u are around max range from the boss and use Starsurge. when the global CD use a macro that has Celestial, Racial, Trinkets and moonfire. for basic rotation look here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYBS81d8IR4

Basic talents are Eup/inc, they can be used on every fight, though it can be changed for some fights

For a fight like Gruul use Sotf instead of inc, on beastlord use Balance of power instead of eup. I am still testing on Iron Maidens
    On beastlord dot every spear up, use starfall more or less only, and if u are in solar ecplise, use a sunfire on the pack beast.

On operator use the basic rotation, to do a Little bit of bigger numbers, use inc/cele when the big grp of adds spawns and use some moonfire on random adds and ofc starfall.

Oregorger we have an awesome way to do good numbers :P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGkFtQz2v_0

Keyboard Turner
    Thank you... it seems pretty straight forward but I must be missing something because I see other boomies that are doing so much better than I am. Oh well I'll keep working on it.

Cheers

Aimosity

incarnation --> pot --> wrath --> celestial allignment -> starsurge --> dot --> starfire starfire starsurge star starfire and so on.

in this opener you cast a wrath for procs, and just do deepz.

I'm sort of in the same boat.

Every new expansion it seems like I have to relearn boomkin playstyle as suddenly my dps is subpar and I seem to lose myself in the balance cycle.

One good way of teaching yourself how to react to the cycle is just mindlesly dpsing a target dummy.
    Start by counting the seconds each cycle takes while you are dpsing, after time you will get a feel for it even when you are not keeping a close eye on the cycle you will know more or less where you are at in the cycle.

By doing this, I manage to slowly improve myself, if you can master this then after that it is just a matter of getting used to the bossfights as movement hurts us a lot and you will have to get used to positioning yourself correctly in order to maximize dps.

you can re-make the eclipse with weak aura's for see the amount of time it takes for it to cycle.

and i can say this that with euph it's 4 sec from center to peak

and other talents it's 8 sec from center to peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Critchick View Post
    you can re-make the eclipse with weak aura's for see the amount of time it takes for it to cycle.

and i can say this that with euph it's 4 sec from center to peak

and other talents it's 8 sec from center to peak.
    To me personally it's easier to count the seconds in my head, as it creates a sort of hum inside my mind that I 'sing' when dpsing.