Poll: Would a warlock fit the role for a tank?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Warlock tanking...

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    *Meta falls off*

inc wipe
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggardaddy
    they can't tank any dungeons (unless ur a lvl 80 lock facerolling yourself through Deadmines)
    If by "dungeon" you meant "raid", I almost agree with you. But you don't have to go back to Deadmines, lvl 80 heroics are definitely tankable.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggardaddy
    locks are great for tanking quests... not group quests, just normal ones.
    they can't tank any dungeons (unless ur a lvl 80 lock facerolling yourself through Deadmines)
    Even without a proper Demo spec for Meta, just the standard SL/FG type of levelling setup, it's easy for an 80 lock to solo (not just tank) icecrown group quests and pre-LK dungeons. With just the right spec (and good gear), we can solo non-heroic lowbie LK instances too (like UP). I imagine with a spec/glyph set up just for doing so, we could solo at least half of the LK non-heroic instances, and tank all of them and even a few heroics with a good healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayse
    we can solo non-heroic lowbie LK instances too (like UP)
    we could solo at least half of the LK non-heroic instances, and tank all of them and even a few heroics with a good healer.
    dude, drugs are bad..
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

15+ Year Old Account

Or Blizz can add a glyph so we can all be happy:

Glyph of Metamorphosis
    Major Glyph
    Classes: Warlock
    Use: Makes the duration permanent and removes the cooldown of your Metamorphosis. All damage done by the warlock his or her pet generates threat for the warlock. The increased damage component is removed.

edit:
    A build that would work with this: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZ0Gf...gzVoVcbVbh:Ndj

Using: Shadowcleave, Searing Pain, Felguard (increased threat) or Voidwalker (damage absorb), challanging howl, Demon Armor, Soul link, etc..

No, just no.
    We are a pure dps class, and there are a few niche times we can tank, but then again so can a mage or a hunter pet.
    That does not give us any right to have that option improved and turning us into a hybrid.
    We are fine, well used sparingly as a dps class, and yes we could see improvements there but that is what we do, roll a different class if you want a tank and leave locks to doing what they do best - blowing things up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

they'd probably be better then 75% of the death knight tanks i run into.

Warlocks have no business being anything other than a DPS class. If you want to make it so VW can tank better again, thats fine. Just dont dedicate a talent tree for something that isnt more than a laugh.

I made a second shaman to tank for fun (Its PvP enhance/Enhance tank) since I already have a resto/elemental shaman. I wanted a challenge and to do something different. However, I will never be insulted if someone in my party doesnt want to do a heroic or raid if thats the character I choose to play. If I really want to tank I use my warrior.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.