Let me get this straight....

Spirit
    Spirit is currently on a lot of cloth gear because it is considered a healing AND dps stat. We are changing it to just be a healing stat

And...

Spellpower leather: Int, Sta, Spirit, Haste, Crit, Mastery (Resto, Balance druid)
    DPS cloth: Int, Sta, Hit, Haste, Crit, Mastery (mage, warlock, Shadow priest)

Combine that with..

There is a small Mastery bonus for wearing "your" gear. So a Balance druid who takes cloth will be essentially giving up free stats.

And there will be a talent that converts spirit to hit for us right? I really would like to know how this balances towards the stats ''pure'' caster classes get

Re: Let me get this straight....

it is really quite simple spirit = hit rating on all leather and mail gear. the item budget shouldn't be ruined since there wont be hit rating on our gear at all in cataclysm.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, I started the reply when the OP was about Balance Druids getting effed.

I assume it will be balanced towards to the price of plain hit (rating). Additionally that means no worries about lack of decent DPS caster leather anymore.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

There will be a spirit to hit conversion talent. This will end up leaning in your favor, as there will probably be item augments that convert spirit into other stats, such as int, or the other way around. Not every piece of gear will have spirit on it, but I'm sure we will all go above the minimum "cap" in the endgame gear. The mastery bonus for wearing your type of gear(cloth/leather/mail/plate) is going to be a large deciding factor for every class when swapping to other types of armor. I'm fully confident that BIS lists will consist of your type of armor only in cataclysm due to that bonus alone.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Deleted

There is quite a large topic on spirit > hit conversion for moonkins here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-dr...aclysm-168216/